Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 12:18 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DC'S COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS GOES ON SALE THIS WEEK!
PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:24 am 
Daniel Pickett

$1.00 SPECIAL TO BE FOLLOWED BY FOUR MINISERIES

Following months of anticipation and speculation, the wait will be over at last this Wednesday as DC Comics' COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS reaches stores everywhere.

You can't afford to miss this 80-page special priced at just $1.00 U.S.!
This sensational project combines the talents of three of the most acclaimed writers in comics - Geoff Johns, Greg Rucka and Judd Winick - and the art of Rags Morales & Michael Bair, Ed Benes, Ivan Reis & Marc Campos, Phil Jimenez & Andy Lanning, and jingle Saiz & Jimmy Palmiotti.

"COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS lays the groundwork for much of what's to come in the DCU for the rest of 2005 and beyond,"says Bob Wayne, VP - Sales. "We urge retailers to reorder this issue now, while there are still copies available."

COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS (JAN050296) is available for reorder and arrives in stores on March 30 with a cover price of just $1.00 U.S. For more information, visit the COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS minisite at http://www.dccomics.com/features/countdown/index.php

COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS is followed by four knockout miniseries, each of which runs six issues:

* DAY OF VENGEANCE, written by Bill Willingham with art by Justiniano & Walden Wong and covers by Walter Simonson

* THE OMAC PROJECT, written by Greg Rucka with art by jingle Saiz and covers by Ladrönn

* VILLAINS UNITED, written by Gail Simone with art by Dale Eaglesham & Wade von Grawbadger and covers by J.G. Jones

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR, written by Dave Gibbons with art and covers by Ivan Reis & Marc Campos

Issues of each miniseries are available as follows:

* THE OMAC PROJECT #1 (FEB050300) is available for advance reorder and is scheduled to arrive in stores on April 20.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #2 (MAR050415) is solicited in the March Previews (Volume XV #3) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 25.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #1 (FEB050274) is available for advance reorder and is scheduled to arrive in stores on April 27.

* DAY OF VENGEANCE #2 (MAR050397) is solicited in the March Previews (Volume XV #3) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 18.

* VILLAINS UNITED #1 (MAR050424) is solicited in the March Previews (Volume XV #3) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 4.

* RANN-THANAGAR WAR #1 (MAR050421) is solicited in the March Previews (Volume XV #3) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 11.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:04 pm 
ABS

Ya know.....I read this......ID Crisis was great...But I think this is gonna be better....It was really emotional to see a hero die.....I mean they were a 2nd tier hero, but one that everybody loved........Kinda like a mascot......I haven't been this excited about a huge money making crossover event since....Well.......I don't think i've ever been this stoked!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:39 pm 
Resin

I agree. I'm loving this! Countdown was amazing!

I read the first issue of OMAC last week (my local comic store owner let me read through the advance copy he got for himself). Whilst not as good as Countdown was, mostly because it's only the first issue and it's just dealing with the aftermath of the death and laying the foundations for what comes next, it's a great read and looks like it's going to be a killer series!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:30 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Huh,

I'm totally cold on the whole massive crossover event thing.

Are you guys longtime comics fans or somewhat newer fans?

I'm curious how you see Infinite Crisis in light of past "event" crossovers...

Having read comics pretty regularly since the mid 80's, I've seen SOOOOO many of these massive crossover deals, and in most cases they didn't live up to the hype for me...

Neat to see a totally different reaction.

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:56 pm 
ABS

I used to HATE crossovers.......but sometimes one comes along that has a really great story and uses all kinds of characters from across the companies universe.......I will admit that I much prefer waiting till it's all over with and reading it all in one long sitting or over a weekend.........I always loved the Batman "Main Events" too.......I'm currently rereading all of No Man's Land......Just finished War Games and have Knight Fall ready to go when i'm done.......Some crossovers do suck, however.........DC seems to be to pretty good with there story lines lately.........

And i've been collecting comix for 18 years.........I'm 26 now..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:27 am 
Dog Squeezer

The "event" storyline that has me most interested right now is Seven Soldiers.

I love the concept of being able to read any or all of the minis and still getting a complete story.

Also, to me the best part is it's a writer driven line, that is it's concieved and executed by Grant Morrison.

I think the weaker crossover events were the ones that were more editorially driven, where they were aimed toward reaching a certain set of plot points and the writers involved were merely filling in the gaps.

I guess we'll see how this one pans out, as it will pretty much take over the DCU for the next year or two! :)

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:15 pm 
ABS

What's the premis of 7 Soldiers?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:16 pm 
Dog Squeezer

It's based loosely on the Golden Age Seven Soldiers of Victory, but set up as 2 bookend specials, and seven individual 4 ish minis.

The idea is these 7 must work together to fight a reality threatening menace but never actually meet.

So the stories interweave if you read them all BUT each mini is self contained.

So far I've read the first bookend, Shining Knight #1, Manhattan Guardian #1, Zatanna #1 and Klarion the Witchboy #1 (Frankenstein, Bulleteer and Mr. Miracle still to come.)

Each are very strong on their own, with a distinct flair due to different artists but the same Grant Morrison feel.

What I really like is that this is an "event" driven by one story from one writer. It's self contained, and you can read as many or as few of the mini's as you like. It also doesn't specifically claim to influence or change current continuity in any way.

In short a great set of stories from a great set of writers that let's you decide how much to read and doesn't try to get you to buy into titles you don't normally read via cross overs.

SpyMagician