Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Oct 25, 2014 4:54 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Post your Hush 3 reviews!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:40 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I picked up Gordon, Scarecrow and Ra's. Scarecrow is my favourite and I wasn't even planning on getting him. His mask / face is really well done. Be careful when putting the sword in Ra's's hand. I broke the blade off the handle. His face is kinda glossy which is weird. My Gordon's glasses stay on fine. I will pick Alfred up later... the comic shop I went to had the price jacked up to $19 and the two they had in stock had bad paint on the face. You have to watch out for Gordon's paint apps. One of the figs I saw had a nasty looking brown nose...

Hats off to Jonathan Matthews who sculpted all three of the figures I bought (and probably the other two). I actually thought Tim Bruckner sculpted these. That is the highest compliment I can give. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:18 pm 
ABS

I preordered mine from alteregocomics awhile back...should be here any day now...How's Alfie? Does Parachute Bats suck? It looked as if it might....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:06 am 
5th Horseman

I'll have a review up tonight, but I'm really disappointed. Scarecrow is by far the best of the bunch, and while the sculpts are generally great - if you ignore that almost all of them have trouble standing up - the paint ops are poor. While Scarecrow is the best of the bunch, Gordon is the worst. I have one with the awful brown nose, and since lots of folks are buying these online sight unseen, you can't have such poor QA on the paint. On top of that, his glasses are weak looking, and poorly designed.

Like I said, my full review will be up tonight...

Michael
MWC

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:30 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

Here's my DCD Hush shelf along with the Teen Titans Robin...

PJ

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 10:27 am 
Tis' but a pup

I got Alfred, scarecrow and commish Gordon. Alfred looks like he's been hitting the bottle! His nose is painted redder on top makes him look like he's had one 2 many. Scarecrow looks pretty good and so does Gordon to me. No brown nose on gordon but like I said its on old Alphie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:31 am 
shirtless hugger

The paintopps were the main turndown for me for this wave. The bunch I saw were poorly done :( Seemed like a rush job - or maybe leftovers or something.

The sculpts were alright. Just average. I didn't pick any up. I hope they keep on coming though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 4:40 pm 
ABS

Now i'm nervous.....I preordered mine........I know i'm not going to be horribly dissapointed, but DCD has shown they need to get on the ball in areas such as these.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 9:49 am 
Tis' but a pup

I received mine today and they are great! No problem at all with the sword problem others seem to have have found with the Ra's figure and generally very good paint aps all round. The one complaint was some grey paint on the SJ Batman's bat emblem. Otherwise all very good. I have really loved the Hush figures and I all I need now is the Jason Todd figure to finish them up. Oh and that terribly expensive repaint in the signature series.

I reckon the Rogues Gallery figures will blend in well with these

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 12:29 pm 
Factory Worker

I ended Up liking Ra's a heck of a lot more then I thought i would. When the character was first unveiled i was rather disapointed that they had decided NOT to go with the signature look and instead present him Shirtless. In person though, i really didn't think it looked that bad.

I didn't buy an Alfred, i just don't see the need for him on my shelf, but all the ones at the store i hit looked like he was drinking spiked Tea. On a side note one of the boxes had a Nasty Clump of Dark Brown Hair packaged away with Alfie. Rather Gross.

I didn't buy the Batman in this series either, but he didn't look nearly as bad as i expected him to.

In the end Ra's is the only one I got, but I am contemplating going back for a Scarecrow in the future.

I would only Buy a Gordon if I could find an In Scale Bat Signal for him to stand next to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 3:55 pm 
Tis' but a pup

Is the Bat Signal prop DCD released a while back in scale with Gordon?

It's quite pricey but you can get it for alt less than suggested retail on ebay. I've been thinking of getting one but I'm not sure how big it is or how good it would look with Gordon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 5:29 pm 
Factory Worker

I was wondering the same exact thing.