Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:08 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2008 6:14 pm 
Knows his stuff

I'd like to get a Zatanna out of this line.

I'd prefer the tux, but I'd be happy getting the JLA suit, since it doesn't seem like we're going to get a version of Zee from anywhere else anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 6:39 am 
Former King of Posts

Zatanna in the Perez JLA costume is a natural for this line as Perez designed it, as is Wonder Woman whom he drew for 60 issues of her own comic.

But they need to do a new tooling for a basic body.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2008 7:07 pm 
shirtless hugger

Absolutley. Perez Wonder Woman is the definitive visual of the character for me. I would totally get it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2008 6:30 am 
Former King of Posts

Glammor Slam Wave!

Wonder Woman, Zatanna, Troia, Starfire.
:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 4:44 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I would love to see the following:

Pariah & Lady Quark (Crisis on Infinite Earths)
Classic Freedom Fighters (Uncle Sam, The Ray, Black Condor, Human Bomb, Phantom Lady & Doll Man)
Silver Age Legion (70's costumes of Lightning Lad, Karate Kid, Wildfire, Timber Wolf, Element Lad and Star Boy)
JLA (Martian Manhunter, Adam Strange, Black Canary, Phantom Stranger)
Black Adam
Captain Comet
Steel, the Indestructible Man
Vixen (in her pre-DC Implosion costume) with a "Pantha" (Teen Titans) variant
Secret Society of Super Villains (brown costume Wizard, Prof. Zoom, Star Sapphire, Floronic Man and Blockbuster)
JLA Foes & Villains (Felix Faust, Ultraa, Dr. Light)
Teen Titans (Hawk & Dove, Speedy, Aqualad, Bumblebee & Harlequin)
Doom Patrol (with both Cliff Steele Robotman and Golden Age "silver" Robotman)
Metal Men

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:29 am 
Fugitive Dust

I dont understand why most fans prefer DCUC than DC direct. the plastic is terrible and the joints are too visible, the heads strangely attach to the necks and the feet are huge. I think his new Perez line will make me collect Dc direct, I love this desings, Aquaman looks amazing! same as manhunter!!! Kirbys ned gods are the only dc direct figures I have and this will bve next!
They dont seem to match the Crisis figueres though. Thas a shame! I wan PAriah!!!! and KOLE! Is it me or this figueres are far taller than the Jericho figure? I dont mind that Terra is small since she is SMALL in the comic book but Jericho is not a short guy at all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:10 am 
Mint on Card

I think if the DCUC were readily available and someone could just walk in on any day of the week to pick any one they want up. I've been on the fence. I haven't collected the DC Direct figures in at least 4 years regularly. But with this new line I just might. I really like the character selection and with the added articulation and I believe should be readily available for me to buy at a comic shop i may start collecting these. I love the DCUC as well because of the uniform look but its been so difficult to find these with 2 kids its hard to drive around like i used to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 10:12 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Since they are probably the only ones that can get me Capt. Carrot figures-- I hope to see a wave of them some day-- maybe even similar to the Bugs Bunny figures they did..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:00 am 
active in the community

Jim_Abell wrote:
KSwolf wrote:
Jim_Abell wrote:
Rod Keith wrote:
Flamebird

Flamebird?!?!?!?... Okay, that will get a sale from me right there...

In case you weren't aware, the figure is supposed to be Jimmy Olsen as Flamebird from his Silver Age adventures in Kandor. They're also doing a figure of Supes as Nightwing.

Well that enthusiasm just died... two Flamebird figures from DCD and neither of them the character that uses the name full-time... oy...

Yeah, I saw the first page of this thread and had my hopes way up. I would've bought two copies of a Bette Flamebird figure, and that's something I don't do with many characters. Can't they just do Supes and Jimmy in a Kandor two-pack?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:37 pm 
Resin

Now that I've seen the pics from 2009 NYCC, I can say for sure that the Batman they are making for this line looks better than any Batman made for DCUC or DCSH.

There. I said it.

Although it's very likely that taking the DCUC1 Bats body and the head and cape from the HOTDCU one and that's gonna look sweet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:42 pm 
Knows his stuff

Patoliver wrote:
I dont understand why most fans prefer DCUC than DC direct. the plastic is terrible and the joints are too visible, the heads strangely attach to the necks and the feet are huge. I think his new Perez line will make me collect Dc direct, I love this desings, Aquaman looks amazing! same as manhunter!!! Kirbys ned gods are the only dc direct figures I have and this will bve next!
They dont seem to match the Crisis figueres though. Thas a shame! I wan PAriah!!!! and KOLE! Is it me or this figueres are far taller than the Jericho figure? I dont mind that Terra is small since she is SMALL in the comic book but Jericho is not a short guy at all.

Sculpt, articulation, and character selection.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:43 pm 
We're going streaking!

StrangePlanet wrote:
Now that I've seen the pics from 2009 NYCC, I can say for sure that the Batman they are making for this line looks better than any Batman made for DCUC or DCSH.

There. I said it.

Although it's very likely that taking the DCUC1 Bats body and the head and cape from the HOTDCU one and that's gonna look sweet.

Agreed. The DCUC Wave 1 Batman, while fine, is just to buff in the torso. I still think that the first 4HM Batman from the comic line is the best Batman body sculpt by Mattel. Nice, lean and athletic.

The History of DC Batman looks as definitive of the Silver Age Batman as any in this scale. Sadly, scale is where he will fall down. That's not stopping me from getting him or Black Lightning though!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2009 7:45 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

i wonder if jonah hex has a shot. as things stand i do want a handful of them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:50 pm 
Resin

TRDouble wrote:
StrangePlanet wrote:

There. I said it.

Agreed. The DCUC Wave 1 Batman, while fine, is just to buff in the torso. I still think that the first 4HM Batman from the comic line is the best Batman body sculpt by Mattel. Nice, lean and athletic.

The History of DC Batman looks as definitive of the Silver Age Batman as any in this scale. Sadly, scale is where he will fall down. That's not stopping me from getting him or Black Lightning though!

One can only hope the DCDirect realizes that if these HOTDCU figs of theirs fit in with the DCUC stuff, many more people will be apt to buy them.

Including me.

I know it says 6.75" in the solicitation, but who knows what they'll actually be. I'm hopeful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2009 10:13 pm 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Like most Legion fans, I'd like to see a Perez-style Dawnstar. It could help kick things off for Levitz/Giffen Legion figures, especially since George is doing the art on their current mini-series.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next