Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: NEW EXHIBIT: Tonner Wonder Woman "Deluxe" Figure
PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 4:14 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I now have a complete exhibit up on ExperienceTheWonder.com for the Tonner Wonder Woman "Deluxe" Character Figure featuring beautiful original photography with complete turnarounds, close-ups, packaging and detailed product information:

>> EXHIBIT: Tonner Wonder Woman "Deluxe" Character Figure

Here's a preview:

Enjoy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:17 am 
We're going streaking!

How do you compare it to the first Tonner Wonder Woman? I always felt this one looked better, but she is taller than the standard ones, right?

I only own one Tonner doll -- Batman, which reminds me of Mego. which is why I bought it when I had a chance at a good deal -- but the Catwoman is really trying appealing to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:22 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Thanks so much! Since this figure uses the "atheletic" body (also used for Laura Croft and Elvira) it's scaled larger than the others. Personally, I think this physique works better for Diana and there is added articulation for better posability. The costume and all of the accessories are made so nicely and it really makes for a beautiful display piece.

Here is a photo of all my Wonder Woman TCFs together so you can compare the difference with the Deluxe version (center)...

>> Antony's Tonner Wonder Woman Shelf

I am also compiling collector feedback for Tonner about the Wonder Woman "Deluxe" Character Figure. I welcome all collector comments about this piece and will be happy to convey any compliments or concerns to Tonner directly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 12:42 pm 
We're going streaking!

Wow! That's a great line-up!

The Deluxe WW is huge in comparison to the others. I do think, just from the pictures, that she does look like a real improvement. The costume looks stunning (and I repeat, is what the Dc Direct 13" WW's costume should look like). I still am not sure I see any differences in the two bodies besides size though, just from looking at the pictures, although the Wonder Panties do seem to have a better fit on the deluxe doll. Eh, and the thighs are thicker too. OK, I see the differences in build now :oops:

The downside is that the Deluxe figures start a whole new line. But they are great if you just want that one character. I wonder if we will see a Batgirl, maybe in the black outfit. The Tonner Deluxe Supergirl has a great face, but I hate the costume.

Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 3:12 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Glad you liked the photo - it's actually going to be featured in the next Tonner newsletter! I really do love this new Deluxe figure and can't wait for Athena's Champion Wonder Woman and Circe to be unveiled on June 15th at the Tonner Collector's Convention.