Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:14 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 2:49 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Now since Mattel started making DC figures I pretty much limited my DCD 6" figures to just Batman, Bats related & the "Big 7" But today might be the end of that! For years I've complained the damn cheap @$$ plastic that they insisted on using for their figures knee & elbow pins. The plastic is so crappy and brittle that I've had many figures lose a lower arm or leg just from being displayed on the shelves. But I lived with it because I really liked the sculpts. So tonight after waiting all day for Andrea to return home from work because she was stopping at Midtown comics to pick me up the Superman/Batman Series 7 Batman (a figure I've been dying to get) She handed it (and Superman) to me. And my sheer joy of the figures quickly went from joy to a rage! She spent $15 each on these figures only to have Batman's right shoulder snap off when I went to move the arm! It turns out now they use that same cheap @$$ plastic on the shoulder stems as well! And to top it off the stem looks as if it's just as thin as a knee/elbow pin! I am so P!$$ed right now it's not even funny. Seriously I don't know if I'll ever buy another DCD figure because of this new development. I can only imagine what they'll use on the "History of" figures. I just cancelled my orders for them.

Anyway here's some pics of the. They have 14 POA consisting of ball jointed head, ball-jointed shoulders, elbows, wrists (cut & hinged), waist, t-crotch, knees.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:27 am 
Shifts It Into Overdrive

Sorry to hear about the figures, PJ. I hope the History of the DCU line doesn't run into QC issues because I've really been looking forward to those. Great pics of both Supes and Bats, though. I like the fact that they're not pre-posed and they look uniform in terms of body proportion. Thanks for sharing these. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:49 pm 
We're going streaking!

That sucks, PJ. I saw these at Hot Topic last weekend and thought the Batman was okay, but not for $19.99 and not with the changed hip articulation. I was considering the Batman from the last JLA Series, thanks to your pictures and a F.Y.E. Gift Card I have, but I may not get him now.

I will get the new McGuiness figures and I hold out hope that the History of DCU are better, but I doubt it. I will probably stick with the Black Lightning and Batman and that's it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 3:51 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

The DCD Supes/Bats Series 7 Batman I had coming from Impulse arrived today...So I decided to mess around with the broken one and widened his stance. Basically all I did is heat the legs so I could pop them off the stems. And once I did that I cut two notches out above the holes in the top of the hips for the stems. Then when I put the legs back on the stems had a plce to fit to widen the legs a little. I think his stance looks more natural now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 6:36 pm 
We're going streaking!

I hate the droopy utility belt he sports; it makes his underpants look short :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:18 pm 
Resin

I had to do a double take. I though that Batman was wearing bananas the first time I looked.

-Mike :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 5:36 am 
We're going streaking!

Mike wrote:
I had to do a double take. I though that Batman was wearing bananas the first time I looked.

-Mike :lol:

:lol: Batman doing the Josephine Baker Banana Dance! :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2009 6:15 am 
MINT!

LOL..I loved these figures. And i usually takes A LOT to get PJ upset at a Batman figure!

The widened stance looks great PJ.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:12 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I think the History of DC Universe Series 1 comes out this week, because Impulse Creations has updated their website from "Out of Stock" to "In Stock" Also Brian did the Hal arrive?