Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 7:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 8:52 am 
Daniel Pickett

Someone is already "pre-selling" a set on Ebay... for $330!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

He better hope he REALLY gets them all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:12 pm 
Aspires to be #1

JuliusMarx wrote:
Someone is already "pre-selling" a set on Ebay... for $330!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... SS:US:1123

He better hope he REALLY gets them all.

He has 2 available actually. He does cover himself in the item description though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 5:18 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I really like these...but I can't see the value on them staying. No matter how cool the concept...I just don't see repaints being something a lot of people will pay through the nose for. Especially DCD repaints.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:20 am 
5" Scale

Hitman2172 wrote:
I really like these...but I can't see the value on them staying. No matter how cool the concept...I just don't see repaints being something a lot of people will pay through the nose for. Especially DCD repaints.

You would be surprised what us GL fans will do lol. I broke down and preordered a set from the guy I did my SDCC preorders with last year. He came through for me last year, so here is hoping he can do it again. He displays at the show. Got a set for $180.

I am worried i may not get it, but here is hoping!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:31 am 
Fugitive Dust

I'm not saying that initially these won't have good secondary market value...I just don't see them maintaining it say a year from now. Who knows though?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:46 am 
PVC

Crap on a cruch!! I just saw a picture of these yesterday and I have been freaking out. I stopped following coverage on SDCC a few weeks ago because it was making me grumpy and then they release this news!

Hal Jordan and Bruce Wayne are the only two figures I have collected consistantly as stand alones. This exclusive is a dream come true and a nightmare... as I will never be able to talk my wife into $300 or $400 for this set. All the minimate news was bad enough but seeing these makes me really bummed about not making it to SDCC this year.

The mold looks much like the Hal from Superman/Batman. I love the inclusion of the rings!!!

If anyone is feeling altruistic I would love any extra Hal they can find. Happy to paypal cost + shipping + time. I have a few exclusives from SDCC 2007 that I'd be happy to throw in as well. I'd love Blue, Red, Orange, Yellow or even Green.. though I think that may end up easier to find after the Con.

Interesting note: Indigo Hal would have been interesting but my impression on their story is they are more tribal and maybe you have to be born into it.. and maybe they didn't want to make a staff. :) I'm glad they didn't mess with the Star Sapphires costume on Hal.. and last, a Black Hand Hal could have been cool too.

"Bat Lantern"
Chad Anderson
SLC, UT