Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DCD JSA Series One
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:21 am 
MINT!

http://www.actionfigureblues.com/2009/06/jsa-series-one-coulda-been-shoulda-been.html

My two cents, for what they're worth....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:12 am 
shirtless hugger

Very helpful review, thanks! I'm jealous of your JSA customs. I want a JSA of my own!

I hope DC Direct makes more than 2 waves of these, and stops making unnecesary figs (KC Superman).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:06 am 
MINT!

I agree, KC Supes is a disappointing waste of space in Wave 2. DCD needs to have more faith in the fan base of their characters without having to have a Batman, Superman or GL character in every single wave....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 25, 2009 2:40 pm 
Factory Worker

I just grabbed the Starman and Sandman. Both are great looking figures, all be it a little tall.

I love the look of the Flash, but he's going to be really big in my display, so i'm not sure what I'll do about him.

The Alan Scott Green lantern.... As much as i love the character that just isn't a great looking figure. The face isn't right.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:08 am 
Former King of Posts

I think a lot of us are wondering, even with wave 2 announced, how far will this line go? How much of a JSA will we be able to build. I think they are doing pretty well with the character selection, hitting both key classic members and modern members. I know Superman sells, but I agree that the slot used for him could have been put to better use. And despite recent JSA stories, I will always associate this version of Superman (and Magog) with Kingdom Come, not the JSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 26, 2009 11:45 am 
shirtless hugger

superfriend wrote:
I think a lot of us are wondering, even with wave 2 announced, how far will this line go? How much of a JSA will we be able to build. I think they are doing pretty well with the character selection, hitting both key classic members and modern members. I know Superman sells, but I agree that the slot used for him could have been put to better use. And despite recent JSA stories, I will always associate this version of Superman (and Magog) with Kingdom Come, not the JSA.

That's one reason I'm holding off on buying Wave 1. If I knew a couple more waves were coming, I'd be all over it. But I don't want half of the JSA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:15 am 
my apartment smells of rich mahogany

well, while they never completed the kingdom come line, they did manage to get a few more characters out after it died in the elseworlds line. they were 3 characters away from finishing the justice line (at least the entire legion of doom & justice league line ups, anyway. i mean, they could've gotten about 20 more figures out of that story), so i wouldn't bet money that the entire jsa sees plastic in this incarnation. i say they scrap this line and go back and finish up the previous 2. i need the Riddler, Giganta & Atom to finish my justice display. is that too much to ask? apparently.