Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 7:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: The Great Ten, Red Circle, & Milestone Characters
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:08 am 
Fugitive Dust

Over on the Mattel section someone asked about Red Circle and Milestone figures. DCUC is the first and only figures I have so far collected, but if DC Direct made any of those characters I'd buy them in a heartbeat. Does anyone know if DCD can make figures of the Red Circle and Milestone characters? Have they been asked about those characters? I think the current look of the Shield and the Web have pretty good designs.

Also I'd love some Great Ten figures, but seeing how abysmally their series has sold I doubt that will happen anytime soon. Still an August General in Iron would look pretty awesome on a shelf. Most of the Great Ten would look good as a figure, but Mother of Champions would probably be pretty lame.

Post subject: Re: The Great Ten, Red Circle, & Milestone Characters
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 11:27 am 
Former King of Posts

The Great Ten worked their way into the WizKids Hero Clix game. So I am sure DC Direct could make them.

PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 12:34 pm 
Fugitive Dust

superfriend wrote:
The Great Ten worked their way into the WizKids Hero Clix game. So I am sure DC Direct could make them.

Yeah, I'm sure DC Direct can make the Great Ten. My question with that group is will DC Direct make them? Has anyone asked DCD? Does DCD do and Q&A's?

With the low sales on their series (it got canceled on issue 9 of 10) I really doubt they will make any Great Ten action figures, but I for one would buy those up in a minute.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2010 3:48 pm 
Tis' but a pup

it got canceled on issue 9?

that's crazy.... I bought the first couple of issues, but then decided to wait for the trade....!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 7:17 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Monthly sales are horrible for the Great Ten, it is one (if not 'the') lowest selling DC Universe title in the main continuity. It's a damn shame as I've enjoyed the entire series so far, but DC put zero marketing muscle behind it. I've been voting in the Mattel DCUC polls for the August General in Iron and the Celestial Archer, but I'd buy them if DC Direct made them, too.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2010 4:30 pm 
Former King of Posts

I find it very odd that a 10 issue story about 10 characters where each "chapter" focuses on one character is cut to 9 parts. Took a risk, hoping to find out more about the characters and have been pleasantly surprised.

As I mentioned above, several have been made as HeroClix miniatures. August General, APPhysician, Ghost Fox Killer.