Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 22, 2014 6:22 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: What are you expecting to see at Toy Fair?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:30 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

We started a similar thread in the Mattel-All forum (big surprise there, right?) and thought it might be appropriate to get the discussion going here as well.

We know that a lot of the functioning and resources of DC Direct have been shuffled over to the West Coast and based on some nagging rumors and current Matty DCUC offerings it seems that the days of DC Direct producing action figures might start seeing some limits.

With all that in mind, what exactly do we expect to see coming from DC Direct at Toy Fair this year?

More Ame-Comi is a guarantee I would think, probably in both size formats.
More statues, busts, other higher-end reproductions as those are the true "Staple" of DCD's offerings.
Something new to fill that "collector niche" now that Pocket Heroes, Mini-mates, Uni-formz, Blammoids are no longer continuing...

But what about the toys? Are we going to get even more "Artist Specific"? More "storyline specific"? Are we going to see a return to the "anything and everything outside of the core canon" like when DCD started?

Hopefully we will get a nice batch of answers to go with any pics and more than a handful of surprises in terms of movie and video game licenses, props, new product types, etc.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Post subject: Re: What are you expecting to see at Toy Fair?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 9:00 am 
obsolete and uniquely stupid subnic

I bet we don't see any DCD action figures that we haven't already seen.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:03 am 
Former King of Posts

Well, another round of monthly comic and DCD products info is due to be released this evening. 5pm according to www.Newsarama.com.

DCD operates so far into the future that its hard to get stuff for display before it is solicited in these monthly announcements. Even with that, they were able to spring both Brightest Day 3 and Batman Inc 1 on us in October.

So as far as figures, I could see 2 waves. Hoping for a Brightest Day wave 4 and a mystery wave.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:45 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Oddly enough there are no new DC figures in the solicits that will be posted today. (There are some DC Unlimited Video Game figures) But nothing DCU. That does happen about once a year with DCD.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 pm 
Aspires to be #1

JuliusMarx wrote:
Oddly enough there are no new DC figures in the solicits that will be posted today. (There are some DC Unlimited Video Game figures) But nothing DCU. That does happen about once a year with DCD.

Or maybe all the time now if the rumors about Mattel taking over the DCU figure realm are true.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 22, 2011 12:23 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

It would be nice if we got some dc universe online figures. Also someone tell me that either mattel or dc direct will make arkham city figures to go with the release of the game. It would be nice to get the figures when the game comes out not 1 year later. An easy batman repaint would be in detective mode with black and gray suit. I would so pick that up. I can't wait for the first game figures to come out and will pick all of those up, however one of these companies should cash in on a wave of figures in the fall when the game comes out and X-mas will be around the corner.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:28 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

Wonder Woman VS Cheetah statue shold be there?? It is scheduled for an October release. I'm just hopeing the Axe gets the axe in the final version!!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 6:36 pm 
Tis' but a pup

j1h15233 wrote:
JuliusMarx wrote:

Or maybe all the time now if the rumors about Mattel taking over the DCU figure realm are true.

God, no! Please, no! I hope not, because I donĀ“t like the DCU Mattel figures. Long live DC Direct!