Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 7:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Would a Gary Frank Superman figure...
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 3:57 am 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
...sold like hot cakes, I mean would a Superman figure done in Gary Frank's design (which looked alot like the best Superman of all: Christopher Reeve) have sold really well if the figure was done in his traditional costume (this is not meant as a plug for my cusom but I am going to post the pic for reference) but first here is Gary Frank's Superman art design: Image
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v326/Dusty37/efwf34f.png
and the custom figure I did: Image
http://www.deviantart.com/download/213540011/gary_frank_superman_figure_by_kal_dusty-d3j4wiz.png
I myself think DC Direct should have done a series of figures from the recent Superman: Secret Origin." IMO they would have been ordered and sold out in an instant. Just imagine Gary Frank style Superman, Clark Kent, Lois, Lex, Parasite, and Metallo figures. Again IMO, it would have been awesome, what do you guys think?

D.

Post subject: Re: Would a Gary Frank Superman figure...
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:40 pm 
Resin

I used to think that the reason they didn't do it was they were worried that it would be too popular and would affect sales of any other Superman variants they tried to sell.

But with the upcoming reboot/relauch/whatevertheywanttocallit DC Direct have a perfect opportunity to do this figure. One last classic, iconic version of the Man of Steel, demanded by fans, before they switch all their focus to the inevitable Jim Lee New-Look JLA line.

I don't have any hopes left for a full Secret Origin wave, but we could maybe hope for a collector's edition set of 2 figures and the graphic novel like they did for Supergirl and All-Star. I'd guess Lex Luthor for the second figure if they ever did this, but personally I'd prefer a Lois.

Nice custom btw!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2011 6:18 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Thanks, :)

D.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:54 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I totally agree. I hope that the new movie prompts some sort of "PreVival" that will justify a Superman Legacy line of some sort. What does DC have to loose in letting their flagship property take some space on a peg for a few months…. Even if it DOES go clearance before the movie its representing has even made it to second run theaters yet…. I'm looking at YOU Green Lantern… Ashamedly.

I can't believe that Ask Matty has not been bombarded with these kinds of questions… I guess that's our job?

Who's with me?