Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: 3.75 New 52 Action Figures?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 1:11 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Aside from the Comic Con special editions, do they have plans on making 3.75 action figures of New 52 characters like Superman? Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: 3.75 New 52 Action Figures?
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 3:29 am 
Loose, Missing Package

MOD: Moved to the proper forum.

Superman wrote:
Aside from the Comic Con special editions, do they have plans on making 3.75 action figures of New 52 characters like Superman? Thanks in advance!

From what DC Collectibles displayed at Comic-Con, it looks like they're going to concentrate on the Lanterns first and if those continue to sell well I have no doubt they'll eventually get to Superman (and by "eventually" I mean next year when Man of Steel's release is looming, again, provided the figures continue to sell well) and the others.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 8:51 am 
Disney is not his cup of tea

Surprised they didn't play up the Batman angle this year either with Batman and Bane and maybe Catwoman... I'm sure those three figures would have done well. These are nice figures just seems like a lot of hassle but at least the secondary market isn't so bad. I've seen Kilowog on eBay this morning for $14.99 and I've seen the sets for as low as $35.99 so that's not too bad for something you had to go to California for a weekend to get.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:50 pm 
MINT!

The catch there is that Mattel did a whole bunch of 3 3/4 of those characters from the Dark Knight Rises...and actually the Catwoman one is extremely good looking...the articulation is a whole different story.

After talking to some of the dc reps at the con, I got the impression they were gung ho on the Lanterns because their costumes did not change from the old universe to the new 52 and it's a possibility that some of the new 52 costumes weren't as "locked down" as to commit to sculpting looks that could potentially change soon. So, I think we will be on Lanterns for at least a year..

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:15 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Aaah, thanks for the answers guys! I love collecting and displaying 3.75s and would love to collect the big seven in New 52 Justice League.

P.S. I'm also disappointed at the articulation of the TDKR 3.75 action figures. They don't bend from the elbows. :(

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 7:16 am 
my tummy itches

Location: Kegworth, just around the corner from Gotham, England
Managed to pick up a set from Ebay, just waiting for them to arrive.

Personally, I'd love to see a few separate 3 3/4 lines that are more focused - a GL line (I love GL, plus we've already seen the protos), a Batman line, a Superman line, a Wonder Woman Line and a Flash line, plus maybe a few Aquaman packs.

If they keep it to small, discrete series and do maybe two 2-packs at a time then I think they could keep going forever.

Jo