Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DC direct scale questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 5:46 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hi all. I have been reading this site for a long time. Everyone is so informative and helpful, so I had to join to ask for some assistance.
DC multiverse just never hit on enough of the characters I wanted so I decided to go the DC direct route. I started based upon the new 52 figures of the last few years and plan on filling in from their other lines. My question is what other dc direct lines are in the same scale and more importantly which are in a different scale?
In particular - JLA; JLA classified; JSA; Green Lantern; Brightest Day; Blackest Night; Batman Hush; Batman Reborn; Arkham. Are these in the same scale? I have heard their scales tend to fluctuate.

The other question concerns DC new 52 and marvel legends. Would a marvel legends female figure head fit on a dc new 52 female body? I don't want to get the 2 figures if this won't work.

Thank you

Post subject: Re: DC direct scale questions
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:17 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

DCD's scale is normally referred to as 7 inch (with Icons and Batman Animated being 6 inch) but the scale is "all over the place" from line to line.

As for Marvel Legends, the larger characters like She-Hulk or Thundra might work for a head swap but the smaller characters would be way too small for a DCD body. You might consider the Marvel/Diamond Select, WWE or NECA figures as those would probably be closer in scale.

Post subject: Re: DC direct scale questions
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2017 2:07 pm 
Resin

I gotta figure some of the newer Marvel Legends heads, like Jessica Drew Spider Woman and the newer Captain America heads for example, are pretty darn big and may work on a DC Direct body just great. MLs have been biggerizing their heads for a while now.

Lord knows I've used lots of DC Direct heads on ML bodies and that works fine with certain stuff like Hush Batman and Hush Huntress, but some stuff like that Brightest Day Mera head that's so beautiful is just too big.

I wish there was an easy answer for this but it's really gonna depend on which ones going on what. DC Direct scale is too variable and the size of ML heads is too variable. It's a real struggle for guys like me who really value relative scale. Heck, even series 1 and series 2 of the Hush figures didn't really scale well with each other.