Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 2:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Anyone ever have a figure take a tumble off of the shelf...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 3:48 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Anyone ever have a figure take a tumble off of the shelf and then not be able to find half of it's accessories? My Dc Collectibles Arrow was on the top shelf while I found a space for him (no idea where I'm going to put this guy as far as the display goes) and when I came home from work he was on the ground with the top half of his quiver snapped off and the majority of the arrows missing. I was able to find his bow and 1 of the arrows but the rest seem to have fallen into oblivion.

Anyone ever have a similar experience?

Post subject: Re: Anyone ever have a figure take a tumble off of the shelf
PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:45 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

More times than I can count- (its part of the reason most of my accessories are just in a giant box-- never to see the light of day (or until they go on ebay one day)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2014 8:48 am 
Brand Manager

My Arkham City Bane has a propencity for head diving. And the thing is... I honestly don't know what causes it. He'll be fine for weeks and weeks, and then one day... it's Lemming time. It's happened so often that he's been moved from the shelves to the carpet.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:57 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

red Ricky wrote:
My Arkham City Bane has a propencity for head diving. And the thing is... I honestly don't know what causes it. He'll be fine for weeks and weeks, and then one day... it's Lemming time. It's happened so often that he's been moved from the shelves to the carpet.

The imperceptible movements of the Earth, perhaps?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:17 am 
Wonderdog

It happens to me all the time. The worst are the earlier DC Direct figures, like Dr. Fate and the Golden Age (Ted Knight) Starman -- although the Modern Starman, Jack Knight, is no great shakes in the stability department, either. I swear, Dr. Fate's helmet was missing for a good two weeks before the Gremlins put it out where I could find it. I finally put all the non-essential loose accessories in storage, and used Museum Putty on the most unstable figures -- the ones without a stand or a base. Museum Putty is great stuff. Clear, reusable, and a little goes a long, long way.