Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 5:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Quest to collect every Batman Character in figure form!
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 4:05 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

So i've recently decided to start a 6/7 inch Batman action figure collection, aiming to get a figure for every Batman character ever! (or at least as many of them that have been made in figure form i can find)

I'm trying to find the 'best sculpts' available of each character so many of figures i've already gotten and are planning to get are from DC Collectables, but from a range of different series.

So far i have:
The Joker - Batman and Son series
The Riddler - From the new Cupullo line
Scarecrow and Poison ivy from the alex ross Justice series
Alfred from hush
and two face and Batman/hugo strange from Secret Files

I also have a robin that i've had for years not sure what line or company, i think hes kenner or something.

Next up im going to try and track down Ras and Talia, and i have a deal worked out with a guy to get the second series of Rogues from Secret files which includes Black mask, Mr Freeze, Penguin, Man Bat and Killer Croc so stay tuned for that!

Post subject: Re: Quest to collect every Batman Character in figure form!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:57 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

just to clarify ....

or you looking to get One of each "character" that has been made, of one of each "figure" that has been made.

One of those will be a relatively easy collection to assemble, the other ... Wow. Good luck.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:35 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
just to clarify ....

or you looking to get One of each "character" that has been made, of one of each "figure" that has been made.

One of those will be a relatively easy collection to assemble, the other ... Wow. Good luck.

hahaha one of each "character" as many batman rogues as possible, and any of of the 'batfamily'.
I might also consider doing customs for some of the more civilian characters like Dr. Leslie Tompkins, Luscious Fox, and Harvey Bullock.

im already having a really hard time tracking down old figures for reasonable prices :/ but i've been lucky so far with left over ones i've found in local comic shops. Just about given up looking on ebay, because you practically have to sell your soul, + plus shipping just to get a figure.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 1:40 pm 
shirtless hugger

I don't know if you are interested in Batman characters in their movie form, but "The Dark Knight" Movie Masters line from Mattel had some good figures. They might be cheaper to pick up than figures from DC Collectibles. Either way, good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 5:43 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

GregNYC wrote:
I don't know if you are interested in Batman characters in their movie form, but "The Dark Knight" Movie Masters line from Mattel had some good figures. They might be cheaper to pick up than figures from DC Collectibles. Either way, good luck!

yeah i was thinking of getting Grumpy, or whatever his name is the clown thug from the start of the film. But im generally more interested in getting comic based appearances of the characters.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:40 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

This will definitely also turn into a true opinion collection..

Because I think that Ross Poison Ivy is the worst Ivy figure out there-- I did not like that design (even the Arkham one is better) ..

WOndering if you are forgoing the video game designs. since the only Talia figure in that scale I think is the Arkham game version-- (or BTAS but Im guessing that's too small)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:52 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

stewbacca wrote:
This will definitely also turn into a true opinion collection..

Because I think that Ross Poison Ivy is the worst Ivy figure out there-- I did not like that design (even the Arkham one is better) ..

WOndering if you are forgoing the video game designs. since the only Talia figure in that scale I think is the Arkham game version-- (or BTAS but Im guessing that's too small)

Definitely an opinion thing haha but thats okay. I'm curious though, what dont you like about ross ivy? I mean to be honest i dont like her that much either, but thats probably just because ive never liked the character regardless, i find her boring, but i found this particular figure more interesting then the arkam one and the hush one.

And yes, at the moment I'm planning to get Talia, Firefly, and Anarky from the arkham games.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 5:46 pm 
Still ahead of Mudd

I think its because that look was pretty much for just that one comic-- I personally prefer the modern pre 52 look.-- The Green Skin Hush figure is probably the best look--- but as most of the hush figures (horrible engineering designs that fall apart and barely stand up- they all have to be posed in wonky stances-- I don't mind the lack of articulation-but make them more neutral in that case..)

Actually take that back-- now that the BTAS stuff is coming out in 6" scale-- I would just hold off and buy that entire line-- as that is pretty much almost the best look of every character..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:07 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

stewbacca wrote:
I think its because that look was pretty much for just that one comic-- I personally prefer the modern pre 52 look.-- The Green Skin Hush figure is probably the best look--- but as most of the hush figures (horrible engineering designs that fall apart and barely stand up- they all have to be posed in wonky stances-- I don't mind the lack of articulation-but make them more neutral in that case..)

Actually take that back-- now that the BTAS stuff is coming out in 6" scale-- I would just hold off and buy that entire line-- as that is pretty much almost the best look of every character..

I knowww, Those btas action figures are looking really promising. maybe ill just have two collections haha defintely going to at least get batman when they make the btas version.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:29 pm 
Wonderdog

For Poison Ivy, my favorite is the Secret Files Series 3 version from DC Direct.

The Yamato Series 2 and Yamato Kia Asamiya Series 2 versions were also nice.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:42 pm 
Mint on Card

I believe the Robin you have is from the Kenner knight force ninja line.

I'm a huge batman fan as well and I have the same goal as u.

I just picked up the dc collectibles red hood figure. I have all the rogues in dc universe classics form
But I'm adding some dc direct collectibles that Mattel never got around to making.

Successful transactions with: Funtime3, Vancleef9000, Clark Kent, ivelostr2, Tuning4k, and Shellhead. Special Thanks to Stewbacca and Jim Abell. Thanks guys.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2014 3:55 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Nitewing73 wrote:
I believe the Robin you have is from the Kenner knight force ninja line.

I'm a huge batman fan as well and I have the same goal as u.

I just picked up the dc collectibles red hood figure. I have all the rogues in dc universe classics form
But I'm adding some dc direct collectibles that Mattel never got around to making.

Is Red Hood any good? I wasn't sure about the blades on the arms.

Im hoping that they make a cupullo one. But i guess that probably wont happen.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 8:30 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

arpeggios wrote:

And yes, at the moment I'm planning to get Talia, Firefly, and Anarky from the arkham games.

Talia is only 7.00 right now here, (same with Hatter and the THug Clowns-)- Ras is only 10 and TITAN Joker -- 40.

http://www.dorksidetoys.com/clearance-s/1843.htm

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 1:03 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Good luck with the "every figure" thing. That's very hard to do...BUT NOT IMPOSSIBLE. Trust me I would know. I have 500-600 different Batman figures from every era and I'm attempting to digitize all of them. Interestingly enough I only have ONE of those in your picture. The modern era continues to elude me...

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:17 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Update!

Still Havant got the rogues series i was planning on getting yet, but i DID go out and get some Arkham Figures as suggested!
Talia, and Nightwing.

I got Talia because she was on sale, and there are no other figures of her, i wasnt that excited by her back hen she was announced, but having her in hand i actually really like this figure now! she has good articulation and the face sculpt isn't as dead as i originally thought.

Nighting is also really great, It was a toss up between this, and the new red 52 cupullo one, but i just couldn't let go of the blue. the articulation on him is also a lot better than many of the other figures in my collection.

I've also swapped out the blue Batman and brought in my Trinity Batman, that way i can show off the hugo strange head at the same time.