Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:04 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: DC COMICS RUSHES SOLD-OUT OMAC PROJECT #1 BACK TO PRESS
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 3:44 pm 
Daniel Pickett

DC COMICS RUSHES SOLD-OUT OMAC PROJECT #1 BACK TO PRESS

Spinning out of the blockbuster hit COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS, THE OMAC PROJECT #1 (FEB050300) sold out at DC Comics nearly two weeks before its in-store date of April 20.

Now, DC Comics offers a new printing of this incredible issue, written by Greg Rucka and illustrated by jingle Saiz. THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Second Printing will feature a variant version of the original cover by Ladrönn, which pictures Batman holding Blue Beetle's goggles.

THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Second Printing (FEB058394) is available for order now and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 18.

"This is so damn cool I'm at a loss for words," says Rucka. "
The momentum coming off COUNTDOWN TO INFINITE CRISIS has been incredible, and it's a testament to the work that everyone involved put in on that book that this one's already off to the races! I think people are going to be thrilled - and surprised - by what we've got in store for THE OMAC PROJECT. "

THE OMAC PROJECT #1 Second Printing (FEB058394) is available for order now and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 18 with a cover price of $2.50 U.S. To ensure delivery on that date retailers must place orders by Sunday, May 8; please note that quantities will be limited and may sell out before May 8. DC recommends that retailers place orders as soon as possible to avoid missing out.

Retailers may order the issue by contacting their Diamond Customer Service Representative or DC Sales Representative, or by email at reorders@diamondcomics.com.

Upcoming issues are available as follows:

* THE OMAC PROJECT #2 (MAR050415) is solicited in the March Previews (Volume XV #3) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on May 25.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #3 (APR050349) is solicited in the April Previews (Volume XV #4) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on June 29.

* THE OMAC PROJECT #4 (MAY050243) is solicited in the May Previews (Volume XV #5) and is scheduled to arrive in stores on July 27.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 5:06 pm 
ABS

Man......Batman's gotta be P***ED.........I mean...cuz of the whole mindwipe thing.....plus his parent's gettin killed......I think he's got a lot of inner anger actually......Plus those tights probably chafe him, too...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 12:16 am 
Factory Worker

This may be the catalyst that finally gives us a BOOSTER GOLD figure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:21 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Yah know...

I browsed the thing in the store, and wasn't that impressed...

I won't go into any spoiler ridden details, but it was sorta...eh. Typical drawn out "event" mini that strings you along for "the big payoff" as long as you buy the gajillion spin offs, cross overs and specials...

I'm actually a bit dismayed that the Infinite Crisis stuff is apparently selling so well. It's pretty shameless marketing excess with SO many minis leading into the next big sprawling event...

But I guess it sells... I always prefer writer and not EDITORIALLY driven books but that's just me...

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:58 pm 
ABS

I disagree......I think it's a great storyline.......I'm used to the money making gimmicks like DC 1 Million or AMALGAM......but this is different....the writing is much better and it invokes genuine empathy for the characters............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 11:29 am 
Dog Squeezer

PREACHER wrote:
I disagree......I think it's a great storyline.......I'm used to the money making gimmicks like DC 1 Million or AMALGAM......but this is different....the writing is much better and it invokes genuine empathy for the characters............

Well, I will admit that I was suprised that OMAC #1 focuses on Checkmate and is somewhat character driven...

Still, not my cup o tea, but this is the way the DCU is headed for the next year at least, so I better get used to it! :D

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:13 pm 
ABS

I sympathize.....I don't mind the big crossover's personally......But for someone who just wants to read a straight ahead story starring there favorite character and contained within a few issues of a title.....well crossovers suck for people like that....And that's kind of a shame cuz it's like there collecting gets put on hold till the big event is over....So it's good and bad depending on the person's preference.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005 8:23 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I think you summed up my main problem with crossovers!

Currently, in mainstream DCU I read JSA, Flash and Green Lantern (Rebirth and the series when it starts.) I was reading JLA but will stop shortly I think...

My problem is I'm a Geoff Johns fan, but he's intimately tied into the Infinite Crisis story, and I'm concerned how that will effect JSA and Flash (I was looking forward to the new arc in JSA and the Rogue War in Flash, but I worry how those stories might be effected.)

I was thrilled to hear Johns would do a JLA arc, but it's a follow up to Identity Crisis and I'm a bit tired of the "Batman vs. the League, Batman is a genius but not a team player" shtick.

I'm absolutely loving the return of Hal Jordan, but again, the fallout of Identity Crisis could hamstring that. Hal is back and immediately has to face this "brainwashing Secret League thing."

I'll probably stick with JSA (unless editorial goes on a killing spree) and Flash (hopefully Rogue War will be somewhat self contained) and have been without Hal for long enough that I will likely read most stuff he makes an appearance in...

But for me it's sad that these titles that have good plans and strong stories to tell could get swept up in something so big...

SpyMagician