Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 9:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next
 Post subject: DC Direct 13" Figure Thread: Alan Scott Came Out Nice...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:56 am 
Excelsior!

Thought I would start a new thread. Just picked up ToyFare today and good news for us 13" Deluxe Figure collectors: Wonder Woman is slated for Summer 2007! I think it's great that we are getting a female in the line, because that opens the door for many more; I'd guess that a Babs Batgirl can't be too far away. Martian Manhunter is slated for Spring 2007 as well.

And I hadn't really noticed, but starting in December, we will get one figure per month through March... ouch! And going further back, we will have received a comic-based figure every month from August 2006-to-March 2007, except for November. I personally never expected to see them come this quick. But they are hitting all the major characters, which I like; if the line slows down, at least we will have the heavy hitters. But as long as the heavy hitters keep coming (and we will see Batman again, just like Superman), it should allow for a few of the non-automatic sellers to be made, like Alan Scott and more villains.

Two-Face in Two Weeks...

Last edited by TRDouble on Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:24 pm, edited 45 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 11:31 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Great topic, I saw ToyFare as well and was hioping maybe you had some pics! :lol: I am anxiously awaiting the proto for this as well...

I didn't realize the schedule but you're right...maybe time for that second job so I can afford this stuff..!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 2:48 pm 
ABS

WW is the only must-buy for me in DCD's 13" figure line. Any other characters, I'd have to take a good long look. I'm hoping this figure will be comic accurate, and not another take on Lynda Carter. I love her to pieces, but that statue is plenty for this fan, thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2006 4:51 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

Great news - thanks for sharing the info. I, too, wish there were some photos. I hope they make them as sultry as those Cy Girls (Cool Girls) figures by Takara.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 6:45 am 
Excelsior!

No mention of it elsewhere...

We finally get a picture (and a date) for the upcoming 13" Martian Manhunter. Once again, we get an initial head sculpt that I am not overly fond of. It's like they didn't know which era they should go with, so they went with a almagram that doesn't do justice to the character. Just like Captain Marvel, I hope the head sculpt gets improved, preferably toa more humanoid, silver ageish. Otherwise, he looks good for a nekkid 13" Deluxe figure!

Last edited by TRDouble on Wed Sep 20, 2006 8:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:53 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I agree. For some reason, this just doesn't do much for me. Too plain I guess. I'd like to see a wash or similar to show some definition on the body.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:01 am 
Excelsior!

I think it is the shinyness of the body that is causing problems. If these are supposedly realistic "sixth-scale" figures, then they don't need to use a glossy paint finish on the body; it should be matte. Plus, the face isn't shiny, but the body is?!?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:50 am 
Cold-cast

Since nobody's mentioned it yet, I'm assuming that you guys haven't seen the alternate "true martian form" head.

http://www.dccomics.com/dcdirect/popup_ ... php?i=6541

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:09 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

looks all right to me, I'm not going to buy it, but I like it better than Superman, Shazam etc.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 3:25 pm 
Excelsior!

Ugh! I'm paying extra money for that? yuck! Drop the price and give me an improved 'regular' head sculpt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 5:56 pm 
If they would make that figure as a 6 inch, I would buy it. But as it is, 13' figures are only fun with figures like Giant Man. Buying a real 13' figure would make me feel girlish! Like I'm buying a doll!

You know there's a line between an action figure and a doll that must not be crossed. And size plays an important part in that (an d removable closthing too).

;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2006 8:03 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

If it wears clothes it's a doll.

60's/70's GIJOE are dolls, 8" Mego are dolls, Famous Covers are dolls* and these are dolls.

VC9k

(*I have examples of all of those in my collection and have no problem with the concept of them being dolls so I don't want anyone thinking I'm making fun of them.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 11:10 am 
Excelsior!

vancleef9000 wrote:
If it wears clothes it's a doll.

60's/70's GIJOE are dolls, 8" Mego are dolls, Famous Covers are dolls* and these are dolls.

VC9k

(*I have examples of all of those in my collection and have no problem with the concept of them being dolls so I don't want anyone thinking I'm making fun of them.)

*sigh* I agree. That's my definition of dolls, and I have to say that as the 8" Mego-style figure being my favorite type and scale, I likes me some dolls! But only if they are MAN-LY! Um, or cool like Cy-Girls :oops:

Alright, already! The 13" Batman is out TO-DAY! Did anyone get him yet? I am guessing that this is probably the largest run DC Direct did for a 13" figure yet. Discount Comic Book Service already has my order showing a half-red dot, so my order is filled. Hopefully they get my e-mail and ship him with the Alex Ross Series 4 figures, which were supposed to ship with the 13" Scarface last week, but Scarface was bumped to 10/18, which I suppose I could wait and get all three shipped together then, but I really want to get that Batman now, so extra shipping be darned!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2006 12:32 pm 
Daniel Pickett

And the 13" Two-Face comes out in 2 weeks! Than we have a little break before Aquaman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:59 pm 
Excelsior!

I received & opened my new Batman today. The paint apps on the face are not stellar, but they were more than passable. I still wish he was more Silver Age-ish, but after getting him, I'd say he is more retro-ish than modern-ish. Or maybe not; I definitely see more 'Batman: Black & White' in him than I do modern Jim Lee or Alex Ross designs. I still hate the boot zippers, but they do make it easy to take them off if you have an ankle problem, which I thought I had. I did get to see that he had stirrups on to keep the costume nicely on him. Batman looks great with the previous Superman and Green Lantern; in fact... he looks perfect with the 1st Superman. I wonder how he will look with more modern Superman 2? I guess it will depend on what era you look at this Batman as being from. Since he looks more pulp noir to me, I think he looks great with Superman 1.

Now, the big question is: When can we expect a Blue/Gray version with a new head sculpt? We all know that it's coming!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 21  Next