Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:47 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: DC Direct 13" Figure Thread: Poison Ivy, Anyone?
PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:28 am 
serves the Otter

She definitely went from late 40's to early 30's. Kudos.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:40 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Maniac Joker wrote:
She definitely went from late 40's to early 30's. Kudos.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 6:42 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

The Ivy repaint is up for sale. Don't really want to sell but need the money. Not sure if I am allowed to post links in the forum. My apologies if not.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 332wt_1137

PostPosted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:01 pm 
Knows his stuff

If I had more cash tucked away, I'd definitely consider that. The modifications make the price so much easier to swallow. :)

Check out Action Figured Out for additional plastic ponderings!
DCUC Wave 15 reviews coming soon!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:07 am 
We're going streaking!

Big Bad Toy Store has 13" Sinestro for only $21.49, substandard condition (the box, not the figure). It is tempting, but I was never in love with that figure. The headcsulpt is great, but the body and costume just never looked right to me.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 3:38 pm 
4" scale

Thanks for the tip. I never got that figure because I wanted a classic outfit. At this point with the lack of new showings, I think I'm done with the DCD 13" figures unless they give us more wanted characters

PostPosted: Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:13 pm 
We're going streaking!

Besides the Teen Titans (Silver Age) and more JSA, I am not sure who else I want from this line at this point. Except for 1st Appearance Black Lightning. I always want Black Lightning figures :mrgreen:

With a little more thought though, the once-used Robin body could be Speedy, Aqualad, Kid Flash, Captain Marvel Jr., Tim Drake Robin, Golden Age Atom, Superboy Clark and Conner, Impulse or Kid Flash... the LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES!... just off the top of my head. What a waste of R&D on the teen body!

If they ever developed a teen female body, we are talking about Mary Marvel (who I think would look better as a hybrid than on an adult body), Wondergirl Donna and Cassie, Cassie Caine Batgirl... and a few long shots like Stephanie Robin, new Stephanie Batgirl, Raven, female Speedy... err, yeah, it gets tough quick with the girls. Oh yeah, I almost forgot... the LEGION OF SUPER-HEROES!... But even just one of those equals the Robin DC Direct has released.

That's my biggest disappointment in this line. I thought the introduction of the teen body was the beginning of big things, even if it was Kid Flash, Tim Drake Robin, Speedy, Jason Todd Robin, etc. Nope :(

Post subject: Re: DC Direct 13" Figure Thread: Who do you want next?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:16 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I am also interested in Silver Age Teen Titans and JSA characters. Not sure what other characters I would be moved to buy.

John

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 8:50 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Hello everyone, new guy here!!!! Glad to be on board!!

I can think of quite a few characters that I'd love to see in 1:6 scale:

Hawkman
Dr. Fate
Red Tornado
Firestorm
Hawkgirl
Mr. Terrific
Black Adam
Black Manta
GA Starman
Captain Marvel Jr.
Kid Flash
Aqualad
Deathstroke
Speedy
Riddler
John Stewart

.....I could go on but I think you get the picture. I just don't understand why these figures haven't been made yet. Well, that's my 2 cents. :D

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 10:32 pm 
Daniel Pickett

Yup. I'd love to have all of those.

Welcome to AFi Ranger.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:39 am 
We're going streaking!

I don't know if anyone has seen the new Tonner Dolls 13-Inch figures, but they have pre-orders for a Wonder Woman and Supergirl. Too expensive for me (SRP $139.99), and kind of messed up for those that have collected the original 16-Inch and then 17-Inch Deluxe female DC Stars, and not much cheaper than those larger dolls either, but I do wonder how that Wonder Woman would fit in with the DC Direct 13-Inch figures.

Post subject: Re: DC Direct 13" Figure Thread: Alan Scott on October 27th
PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:46 pm 
We're going streaking!

TRDouble wrote:
...But as long as the heavy hitters keep coming (and we will see Batman again, just like Superman), it should allow for a few of the non-automatic sellers to be made, like Alan Scott and more villains.

Two-Face in Two Weeks...

This is from the first post I made in creating this thread. And as this line winds down... or begins resting... the next two releases (last releases?) are Alan Scott Green Lantern on October 27th and Alex Ross Justice Batman on December 1st.

The Alex Ross Batman being the last figure is kind of fitting since it's the Alex Ross fascination that helped to get this line off on the wrong foot to begin with, having a body that was too big and not compatible with true sixth scale figures, not to mention also sporting much, much inferior articulation and oddities like bendy hands.

We were fortunate enough to see this become one of the longer running non-6-7 Inch DC Direct action figure lines, which is why it somewhat worked -- as a standalone figure on a shelf by itself, they were fine, but as a larger group, they worked and looked well together, which was great, because they only truly worked with each other.

And all of the big guns were hit upon (another rarity for DC Direct), and we got Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman (no matter how bad she turned out), The Flash, Aquaman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter and Green Arrow.

We got the Bat-Family in Batman, both modern and silver-age, Dick Grayson Robin, Babs Batgirl, both black and gray suits, and Nightwing. Yes, we could have used at least a classic Tim Drake, but we got two displayable eras. Add in The Joker, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy (the only comic Bat-related figure I skipped, besides the upcoming Justice Bats), Catwoman -- modern & Balent -- and Two-Face, and that's not a bad Batman representation (I would have loved a jumpsuit Riddler, but I am sure we all have plenty of characters we wish were done).

Then there are the bonus figures. Original Power-Suit Lex Luthor. Supergirl. Bizarro (Alex Ross style, but still!). Captain Marvel. Golden Age Flash. Golden Age Green Lantern. Zatanna. Black Canary. Power Girl. Just to name a few. Or is that most of the comic book line-up?

Unfortunately, as is DC Direct's way, they lost their way; lost focus. The line started out in the movies (Batman Begins), but it found its' stride in the stable of DC Comic book characters. Then along came everything but. V for Vendetta. The Spirit. Watchmen. Jonah Hex. Superman Returns. The Dark Knight. Then oddities like Sgt. Rock (on these bodies? Nope!). Sandman (Absolute Edition). Batman Beyond?!?

Now that we are at the end of the line, about five and a half years later (not a bad run!), despite the major issues this line has had from the beginning, I am sad to see it go, as I have so many of them now and there is so much left to be done (like using that teen body for more than just Robin). But on the other hand, we have seen the MSRP increase past the actual worth of the figures, made to look even worse in the face of the Hot Toys revolution, and when we did start to get comic book characters again, they were bad (I am looking at you Wonder Woman and Poison Ivy). If Donna Troy was going to look like either of them, then I didn't want it, nor was I going to buy it anyway.

So, it was fun while it lasted. I've got a nice group that fits well together and displays well together too. It certainly could have been better, both in what we got and how the line was handled overall, but I am satisfied and do not regret the majority of what I have purchased, which I think is every comic figure except Sgt. Rock, Sinestro, Poison Ivy and Harley Quinn. And Batman Beyond too, I guess.

Have a nice 'rest', 13-Inch Deluxe Line. June 2005 - December 2010.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:28 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I am anxious to see this in the store. I hope it turns out okay. I am interested in buying this, but I definitely want to see it in person.

John

PostPosted: Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:13 pm 
We're going streaking!

My Alan Scott has shipped. Should be here on Monday.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 6:23 pm 
We're going streaking!

A day late, but Alan Scott has landed.

The head sculpt follows the last few releases where DCD has tried to make them more 'realistic' looking. It is a great head sculpt, with a removable mask, and should fit in fine with the similar head style of the Jay Garrick Flash and even the masked Black Canary for a limited JSA line-up. Very limited.

Mine is still MIB, but the cape looks HUGE! Batman HUGE! The colors look spot on though and snaps to his costume just below the shoulder and above his chest. The cord on the cape seems to be pulled a bit tight; hopefully that's just the effect of being packed in the tray.

His uniform is hard to really critique in the box. The belt looks good, but the costume is too tight. The pictures on the box show a looser fitting costume that looks spot on and maybe once out of the box, it becomes looser when not stretched in the tray, but in the box, only the poofy arms of the shirt really say, 'Golden Age Green Lantern.'

Alan Scott comes with those useless bendy hands for his cut wrists joints (I assume they are bendy; they could just be splayed out, open hands) and a Light-Up Lantern, which I do not know how accurate it is to the 'real thing.' It is different than Hal's lantern, so it probably is accurate.

Well, if this is it for this now 'resting' line (well, there is a Alex Ross Batman on 12/1 still to go, but not for me!), it's not a bad way to go out. It also shows the potential this line had, and when we are still talking about the potential of a five year old line, well.... 'nuff said. And the fact that I am about the only one still posting in this thread says a lot too. It was fun while it lasted, but I will be curious to see if Mattel can finally get off their duffs and deliver a true sixth-scale DC line (where is that Christopher Reeve Superman???).

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 308 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next