Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:03 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Alex Ross's Justice line of figures.
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:40 pm 
Hi all.I was wondering what you all thought of DC Direct's recent wave of figures based on Alex Ross's upcoming Justice comic book series?I think there awesome looking,I just got Superman and The Flash today,and there perfect sculpts.They look like figures based on a Justice League live-action movie.The Flash's outfit has visible seems,thus giving an appearence of being an actual suit some one would wear.

The only grip I have with the figures is The Flash;he can only be posed one way,has if he was running.His left foot is bent at the front as if he was just starting to run.I don't care for this has it doesn't match the other figures in the line,since none of them are in an action pose,there just standing straight,and also the figure falls over endlessly.He can not stand on his own or even with the display stand!He keeps running off of my shelf.

Also,the figures are slightly taller then the regular DC Direct figures,So you really can't mix them with the other figures,they stand out.Same too,since I want to mix in the Flash with my Silver Age JLA,but can't.I'm now going to have to get the Crisis Flash for that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:57 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>Hi all.I was wondering what you all thought of DC Direct's recent wave of figures based on Alex Ross's upcoming Justice comic book series?<<

I think they're gorgeous. I can't wait for Batman and Black Canary.

Mike
(It'll be a beautiful display when all 30 figures are produced.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 5:29 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

I love 'em! My only grip also is some of the posing, with regards to balance - my Cheetah and Flash just won't stay up. But they look fantastic! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 11:56 am 
MINT!

The Superfly wrote:
I love 'em! My only grip also is some of the posing, with regards to balance - my Cheetah and Flash just won't stay up. But they look fantastic! :D

My sentiments exactly. They look fabulous! But my Cheetah really leans, and Flash can't stand up at all. I'm going to have to drill a hole in his other foot. Is it that difficult to give us peg holes in both feet?

Other than that, I'm very happy with them, and can't wait for Black Manta in wave 2. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 1:28 pm 

Yeah, I really don't get why the peg hole was only in the toes of the one foot.

Bah! :evil:

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 2:31 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

The only one I'm interested in is the black Canary, the rest are not so apealing to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:01 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I like em, but I didn't buy em all. Only Supes and Flash, actually.

I think the Supes is great, good enough that I got a second to do a KC custom (as I'm sure many Ross fans will...)

Flash I like but the preposed legs and "turkey neck" are not real cool (in fact, they're on my list to "fix" hehehehhe.

As for the rest, I though Cheetah looked 1000% better than the initial pics (the stitches initially looked too bloody for me.) Sinestro looked great, (most likely the next one I'll buy...)

Bizarro looked good, but I already have a decent DCD Bizarro (hey they're $15! Gotta TRY to budget :P )

Next wave I'll likely do the same (buy the heroes, Black Canary is a MUST and Bats and Aquaman look good, pass on the rest.)

Basically my hope is that this line goes long enough to give us a Rosstice League of all the Superfriends (must...have...HAL AND OLLIE! :D )

And with the recent trend of DCD to do the same guys over and over again, I think I have a good chance of getting em.

(I sorta wonder if the reason we go so much variety in DCD initially was because they legally couldn't do Bats/Supes/JLA. Now that the floodgates are open, we seem to get a LOT of the "big guns.")

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:56 pm 

I don't like the Aquaman face, that honker's all wrong!

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject: Re:.....
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 4:44 am 
first off i want to say hello to everyone....i'm new here,and have only been collecting dc direct for 2 years,but already have a bunch of stuff....

the "justice" line seems pretty good to me,although i must admit to only having superman so far......my only complaint is that he really should've had a ball-jointed head........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:19 am 
Tis' but a pup

I like'em, just can't justify the price.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:24 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Gothneo wrote:
The only one I'm interested in is the black Canary, the rest are not so apealing to me.

Same here, pretty much. I have a feeling I'll be passing on her when I see her, though. I almost bought a Sinestro too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:35 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Personally, I think most of them look really awful. I loathe Ross's "McFarlanizing" of most of the villains, and his designs for most of the heroes look to me like a bunch of middle-aged men in rumpled Halloween costumes (Ross's Flash looks like he just rolled out of bed). Now, I will admit that the second wave figures of Black Manta, Aquaman, and Black Canary look very promising, but with the first wave being totally out of scale with DC Direct's previous releases, I'll probably wind up passing on them as well. I have no use for an Aquaman that stands a head taller than the modern Superman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:14 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

TransGoJoeBot wrote:
his designs for most of the heroes look to me like a bunch of middle-aged men in rumpled Halloween costumes

I agree there

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:15 am 
Tis' but a pup

They look great I think, but I'm just not that interested in these characters. Black Canary maybe, as it would be an upgrade, but the rest, especially considering the ID Crisis figures, just don't really do anything for, or for that matter- to, me. I like the versions I have already.

But they are nice and I think AR stuff sells, so it isn't a bad thing in my eyes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:54 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Has anyone done a comparison as to how well the Rosstice Sinestro displays with the new (Rebirth) Hal Jordan?

Just curious if he's grossly oversized or would make a good companion piece...

SpyMagician