Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:09 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Re: Ross JLA Figures
PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:34 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Glenn2000 wrote:
I'd rather save my money for the seemingly forgotten JSA 2-packs to complete the JSA line or more Legionnaires or Teen Titans or Marvel Family.

Glenn

I'd love some figures of the new JSA (the new Mr. Terrific, the new Dr. Midnite, Sand, etc.), but I'm not hopeful that we'll see those anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2005 5:32 pm 
I only bought Superman and Flash, and Flash is pretty awful. I haven't found a pose yet that he looks good in. Superman is pretty good, but he's way tall. I'm actually giving this line a chance because the series 2 figures look so good (especially Black Canary).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 30, 2005 3:44 am 
Damage Control

I was disappointed they were so much taller than most of my other DCD. But, they are very nice AND we will get a full JLA roster in the same scale in the same line. when's the last time you could say that? The JLA2 stuff fits in nice. I think the IC stuff will be in scale. Some dont think the style will mix, but it seems fine to me as long as the scale is there. Is it me or have most of the recent solicits for figs been listing heights of 6.75"+. The GL wave has been the exception. So, at least to me, it seems we'll get more stuff in scale with the Ross stuff as we go along. I am going to take my chances just because of getting definitive versions of characters like Aquaman, Black Canary, etc. Wish it was a blue/grey Batman, but I can overlook that since Bat's will have "umpteen" other versions out there to choose from. It does mean that older figures like Blue Beetle, Metamorpho, Red Tornado won't fit in any longer, but they're scale is all over the place now anyway. I welcome the ability to piece together an inscale JLA within the same line with a few pieces pulled from a couple of others. Hell, who knows, the Crisis stuff may be 6.75"+ too. We can add Brainiac and Armor Luthor to our LOD. And for you Flash bashers, I too had the same issue. But I tried the hairdryer trick everybody is using on the JLU figures and sort of straightened out his lower left leg a bit. He has been standing for over two weeks now and looks much better than that crappy running pose. Maybe DCD will read all the negative feedback about preposed stances and go "vanilla" with the rest of the line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2005 8:21 pm 
MINT!

I voted:

There Ok,but I won't be buying any...

Maybe the Batman figure. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 5:10 pm 
5" Scale

My wife hooked me up with these, Hush Series 3 and the GA Maquette for our anniversary :) Have to admit, I was still debating them. The Series 2, yes, I'm all over it. But have to say, I like these and glad she grabbed them for me. While I may or may not stick them next to some of my DCU, I think they fit nicely with some of them. I also agree about Flash, he has to be the one I'm most disappointed with. But I know if she hadn't bought these, I would have regret it when Series 2 comes out and Series 1 isn't on the shelves anymore :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 5:28 pm 
Factory Worker

I really hope they complete the line-up for JUSTICE.

Also, I hope they realized that too much pre-posing is a bad idea (case in point Flash) cause this is a great line and has so much potential.