Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 9:21 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Kilowogs costume?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 4:20 pm 
Tis' but a pup

I just bought the DC direct kilowog figure, and its pretty dang sweet, but is this the costume he is going to be wearing? cause I've seen pictures of him in the new hal jordan style suit and then also the John Stewart style suit that the figure comes in, but instead of the white gloves he has the green cuffs... anyone have any idea?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:40 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

So, I haven't been reading the GL rebirth stuff (I'll wait for the TPB) but I did read the original Paralax arc, and I thought Hal Killed off the original Corps and Burnt Killy-wog to a krispy cinder?! How the Heck are bringing him back?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 6:57 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Kilowog was brought back in the "Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan" or whatever it was called. Or so I heard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:05 am 

Mr. Bungle wrote:
Kilowog was brought back in the "Last Will and Testament of Hal Jordan" or whatever it was called. Or so I heard.

So... as the Specter did he bring him back in a similar manner as he did to Ollie (Green Arrow)

Well, since they can't keep anyone dead, they might as well bring back Barry Allan too....

It sounds a bit hokey to me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:12 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I've been checking into it on the web today, and apparently Kyle rescued him (or his soul) from some kind of hell-dimension or something when trying to re-form the GL Corps.

I'm gonna try and find the book at the comic shop today.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:19 am 

Mr. Bungle wrote:
I've been checking into it on the web today, and apparently Kyle rescued him (or his soul) from some kind of hell-dimension or something when trying to re-form the GL Corps.

I'm gonna try and find the book at the comic shop today.

thanks,

I'd be interested to know if there is TPB on it... or if it's part of re-birth...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:26 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I think it was released a little while prior to Rebirth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 5:50 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I have to admit, I'm LOVING rebirth.

Sure, on one level it's a totally contrived way of bringing back dead characters, but I DON'T CARE! :lol:

In the end, I get back my favorite DC heroes (Hal and Corps) and there will be new stories written about them.

For me, in the end it's not about what's consistent with continuity or "dead staying dead."

I don't care about continuity. (hell I still read the pre crisis JLA/JSA crossovers and LOVE EM!)

You can retcon and rewrite the "official" continuity all you want. History is history, those stories existed as stories even if you ignore them today.

And killing a character just means you get fewer good stories about em.

Bring em all back I say! The good stories stand the test of time, the bad ones get forgotten...

SpyMagician

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:27 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

yea, I was always hoping they'd bring back the real Hal-Jordan and I'm loving Rebirth. The art's great and the writing's been remarkably clever for cheaply returning a guy from the dead...a lot better than reviving him as the spectre. Still, I hope they can find a good place in comics for Kyle Rayner, who added a lot of depth to a comic that was getting pretty badly mired in mediocrity beforehand.

On a side note....hopefully Hawkeye comes back soon. I almost wouldn't care if they glossed his return over as much as the real Tony Stark (as opposed to the mysteriously absent teenage Tony).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 5:54 pm 
Dog Squeezer

ray wrote:
yea, I was always hoping they'd bring back the real Hal-Jordan and I'm loving Rebirth. The art's great and the writing's been remarkably clever for cheaply returning a guy from the dead...a lot better than reviving him as the spectre. Still, I hope they can find a good place in comics for Kyle Rayner, who added a lot of depth to a comic that was getting pretty badly mired in mediocrity beforehand.

You know I was very anti-Kyle for a long time. But the grace and dignity Johns treated the meeting between Kyle and Hal with really was excellent.

I really rather like the idea of the core of the new Corps being Hal, Kyle, John, Guy and Kilowog. (But dammit I want more old school guys like Chaselon, Larvox, Olapet, Salak...)

In fact, though I am avoiding Infinite Crisis stuff like the plague (though I do browse it in the store... :) ) I have to admit I'm tempted by the Rann/Thanagar War simply because it features Kilowog and Kyle along with a ton of DC spacefarers...

In the end, I think DC did a great thing by righting a great wrong (not killing so much as villifying Hal) and by treating Hal AND Kyle fans well in the return...

SpyMagician