It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 8:18 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

BamBam wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:
BamBam wrote:
I believe any figures based on the new DC DTV animation (including New Frontier) fall under DC Direct's jursidiction. Aferall, they produced Superman vs. Doomsday figs.

No, Mattel has rights to ANY of the DC movies under the new contract.

If you're right riddler2403, I still don't think Mattel will step on DC Direct's toes since DCD has already released 6'' New Frontier figures. But if they want produce 4'' JLU scale figures, I'm all for it.

Can I rephrase it for you???

Quote:
But if they want produce 4'' JLU scale figures, I'm all for it.

But if they want to produce 4" ANIMATED JLU scale figures.... Heck! I'm ALL OUT FOR IT TOO! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:45 pm 
Corporate Spin Monkey

The way I see it, a JLU Hal Jordan is just a head. If Mattel can't release Hal as a figure, then maybe they can release a figure from the DCAU that has the same head sculpt. Take a look at this picture of Crimson Avenger, he has an almost identical face and mask to Hal, so maybe Mattel could do a figure of him with a removeable hat. That way collectors could just buy two and use the second for a head swap on to another body, paint it up and have a custom thats on model sculpturely as the Holiday Hal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 12:50 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

lance wrote:
But if they want to produce 4" ANIMATED JLU scale figures.... Heck! I'm ALL OUT FOR IT TOO! :D

Thanks Lance. My brain is malfunctioning this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 2:53 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Suprised an enterprising customizer hasnt cast a head yet, seems simple enuff to someone of skill to do this one !?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:20 pm 
Prototype

I'm really hoping for a Crimson Avenger figure. Didn't realize that Hal and Crimson Avenger's heads looked so much alike.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2007 3:46 pm 
Cold-cast

riddler2403 wrote:
Didn't realize that Hal and Crimson Avenger's heads looked so much alike.

Ahh but there is an issue with CA: ol Lee Travis had *2* costumes on JLU

Costume #1 from the 'Wonder-Pig' episode wouldn't work for a Hal custom

http://www.worldsfinestonline.com/WF/jlu/bios/crimsonavenger/02.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:23 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

manthing wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:

True, I noticed that too when I was looking for pictures, thats why I went with the second costume, as not only does the face work for Hal, but I like the outfit more.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 9:47 am 
Former King of Posts

I'm waiting for a JLU style Crimson Avenger for a different reason. The hat and trenchcoat just look too much like the Question not to consider using CA as a base for such a figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 11:23 am 
Prototype

manthing wrote:
riddler2403 wrote:

I doubt Mattel would use that costume since it only appeared for two seconds. I bet they'd use the other one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:37 pm 
buzz word garbage hater

Kinda like the first Huntress?

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:51 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Hal's a no-go because of something holding it up on DC/WB's end of things, not Mattel.

Mattel has stated that they have asked WB repeatedly about permission to make a JLU mass market Hal, and they are told that they cannot.

I find it VERY hard to believe that the one hundred people who received a Holiday Hal from Mattel in the first place would be upset in any way, shape, or form if Hal was released to the general public.

The needs of the many, outweigh the needs of the few...or the one(Thanks for the great quote, Spock!) The MANY of us JLU and DCU fans want a JLU Hal. Mattel would sell the hell out of them, as we've been starving for one for a while now. Mattel would make out like bandits if a Hal was ever released, and that's a fact.

If any of the one hundred people who were lucky enough to be given(for FREE, that is) a Hal for Christmas that year have a problem with it, then that's a problem that they should have to live with. Not the THOUSANDS of us who would pay good money(and happily fork it over to Mattel and their retail partners) for a Green Lantern Hal Jordan JLU figure.

I will still cling to my gut feeling belief that Mattel is being punished in some bizarre way by even producing a Hal in the first place, and that WB is using whatever legal contract mumbo jumbo that may exist to enforce thier pettiness. I mean, how damned ridiculous is it that Mattel now has a MASTER LICENSE, and still has to beg on the behalf of the fans to get Hal made?

I know that 2008 and beyond will be the greatest years yet for DCU Animated product from Mattel. Still, the lack of a JLU Hal is always going to be a huge gaping hole in an otherwise stellar lineup of action figures.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:47 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

riddler2403 wrote:
I doubt Mattel would use that costume since it only appeared for two seconds. I bet they'd use the other one.

The first costume was in at least three episodes: Initiation, Dark Heart and This Little Piggy. The second costume was seen in Patriot Act and Destroyer. I'd say both versions of the costume got about the same amount of screen time. Thing is, I think the first version would be the most likely one we'd get considering they could re-use Two-Face for the torso, legs and one arm...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:25 pm 
my tummy itches

The sentiment behind the Holiday Hal is whats important. That should not be lost or lessoned on the lucky receivers by any retail release of a Hal.
The Holliday Hal would retain its exclusivity and "specialness" regardless... exclusive and autographed packaging, stylized GL logo and costume deco and title "Hal Jordan". A mass market 3pk or single Hal (titled simply Green Lantern or anything) in standard packaging wearing a standard GLCorp uniform with standard logo etc. wouldnt deminish the sentiment or value of the 100 limited Holiday gifts. The ganuine article will always be the genuine article and there will always be those wanting and willing to pay for such.
I will never spite or fault the makers or receivers of the genuine Hal. It was a great and wrothy gift. Im not crying over it. My gripe is the sentiment appeared quickly lost on most the recipients and at least some who received one I dont personally feel were entirely "deserving" of one (but I dont care). None were auctioned for charity either etc. And as I said, those who appreciate it for what it is and cherish it, wouldnt care about reg fans getting a generic "Hal" at this point.
At this point the only people it would effect are those after the fact wealthy collectors who shelled out thousands for a Hal from one of the recipients who clearly prefered the cash. Which appear to have been many out of only a hundred.
As is, everybody loses in one way or another... the fans and Mattel/DC/WB. No matter the reasons or "fault" Etc.