Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 5:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Accurate sized Supergirl and Stargirl please!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:41 pm 
Hat Pooper

Who else would love an accurate sized Supergirl and Stargirl, I know I would! Or do you think its pointless? Do you think they will ever make them? Does it bug you having these Polly Pocket's in your collection?

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:51 pm 
Resin

I really do think they are stupid. I hope if they make more sidekicks/teen heores in the expanded animated line that they will get a better teen male and female base.

If they redid those two characters, I would definitely get them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:05 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I would also get them if they were remade. If we had a TEEN base body then Kai-Ro and the Teen Titans should get remade to fit the JLU DCAU toy line.

But if that never happens I will be content with Bandai's Robin and Speedy and Polly Pocket Stargirl and Supergirl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:01 pm 
serves the Otter

i second this. a blue supergirl wont hurt either

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:12 pm 
5" Scale

The Supergirl doesn't bother me as much as the Stargirl. However, I'd definitely want them both in a more accurate size and even though I did customize my own Supergirl, it would be nice to have one that wasn't too fragile to handle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:41 pm 
Prototype

Honestly, I'm so happy to have a Stargirl figure it doesn't bother me that bad. They do need to be bigger though and I would buy them if Mattel made new ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:03 pm 
Damage Control

Using Mattel's own precedent, an accurate Supergirl can be made, and she would cost no more in parts and tooling than Barda. Here's my custom:

A Mattel version would use the usual female base, a new head, a cape, and a wrap around skirt, just like the Barda figure.

All they have to do is decide to do it right.

C.

P.S. What, they can produce new/modified tooling to give Black Canary non-accurate fishnets, but they couldn't spend the money on a new character instead?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:35 am 
Hat Pooper

I can't even stand to display the Polly Pocket twins with the rest of the JLU lineup. They just look so out of place. I'd certainly buy an adult (Blue) Supergirl and a properly sized Stargirl with her rod if given the opportunity.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:54 am 
Santos L. Halper

Casimir wrote:
Using Mattel's own precedent, an accurate Supergirl can be made, and she would cost no more in parts and tooling than Barda......All they have to do is decide to do it right.

Agree 100% Casimir. If Mattel wants to make accurate sized Supergirl & Stargirl, they can. Its just a question of do they want to do it right or be lazy?

Casimir wrote:
P.S. What, they can produce new/modified tooling to give Black Canary non-accurate fishnets, but they couldn't spend the money on a new character instead?

You hit the nail right on the head, Casimir!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 4:37 am 
Knows his stuff

I only collect original first-release figures... But I would throw away my Stargirl and Supergirl in a heartbeat when they do a more accurate looking ones... 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:48 am 
Collector Inspector

Personally I'm tired of this subject coming up over and over again. not that I wouldn't buy them anyway, but I would rather have new characters then them waste money rescuplting characters we have already gotten.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:54 am 
Damage Control

I'd buy them - especially since I've never even found the first Stargirl!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:10 am 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Primetime wrote:
Personally I'm tired of this subject coming up over and over again. not that I wouldn't buy them anyway, but I would rather have new characters then them waste money rescuplting characters we have already gotten.

I respectfully disagree with this notion, because I think for many (including myself) these figures were never really made.

While I'm certainly not putting myself on Casimir's level, but using the same thinking:

Could be made cheaply by mattel using a batgirl base, new cape (mine was the hasbro supergirl's), and the same head, there's what I think is a scaled supergirl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:18 am 
The Last Word

Primetime wrote:
not that I wouldn't buy them anyway, but I would rather have new characters then them waste money rescuplting characters we have already gotten.

I agree. I'd have loved for them to be sized accurately, but I can live with what I have for those characters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 8:32 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

pixellj wrote:
I respectfully disagree with this notion, because I think for many (including myself) these figures were never really made.

While I'm certainly not putting myself on Casimir's level, but using the same thinking:

Could be made cheaply by mattel using a batgirl base, new cape (mine was the hasbro supergirl's), and the same head, there's what I think is a scaled supergirl.

YES!!! This is what I would love to see too! The Mattel Batgirl/Catwoman body is the perfect base for Supergirl (both outfits) and Stargirl. It is smaller and slimmer in the arms and legs than the "standard" female JLU body and has "flat feet" instead of heels. And Casimir is right about the skirt on Supergirl, if they can make a piece to go over Bardas hips they could do the same for Kara.

I'd love to see a do-over on these characters!!