Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Jul 26, 2014 9:15 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Accessories for Hawkman?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:54 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I was wondering if anyone has used PlayMobil accessories for Hawkman or their JLU in general. They are roughly the same scale. TRU has this set http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=2315013&cp=&view=all&f=Taxonomy%2FTRUS%2F2254197&sr=1&origkw=playmobil&kw=playmobil&parentPage=search)
that has a mace and an axe (as well as a sword that might work for Shining Knight if you need it). It's twenty buck price tag causes me to balk though--lest someone out there has tried it and has a rave review. Anyone?

If I get obsessed enough I suppose I will just buy it myself and just return it if it doesnt work out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 12:56 pm 
Former King of Posts

Don't have Hawkman yet - does he have a hand that can hold an accessory?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:02 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Kinda but not really. He does have a closed fists, but the other isnt completely open either. Though I am pretty sure that I could open it up a little to accomodate. I was able to squeeze Hawkgirl's shield in there but it would fall out after a few minutes.

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/features/JLUHawkman.shtml

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 1:27 pm 
Hat Pooper

I bet you later on in the line, Hawkman will come in a single pack with some sort of battle axe or mace. Most likely Hawkgirl's mace because Mattel would be to lazy to sculpt something new.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:02 pm 
serves the Otter

Same hand Kyle's got, and he can hold the lantern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 2:52 pm 
Prototype

I bet Hawkman will come out as a single next year with his axe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:04 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Target sells some Playmobile, maybe they have a smaller set with an axe. Chap Mei's Beast Raider (I've got a Beast Raiders staff waiting for Stargirl when I finally get her) or Legend of Knights lines might have an axe that would work, The Ninja lines might have something, too. A lot of these sets are hard to find now, but I know that K-Mart carries some of the Knights stuff and Rite-Aid usually has the Beast Raider stuff around Christmas. I've also seen people selling Chap Mei weapon lots on eBay...

for some basic reference -- http://www.chapmeitoys.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:19 pm 
shirtless hugger

My Hawkman is holding a Chap Mei axe right now, Jim. I modified it slightly, shortening the blade on one side and adding an end to the handle, so it better resembles the one from the show. Not a match, by any means, but better than a spare Hawkgirl mace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:33 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Bryan Long wrote:
My Hawkman is holding a Chap Mei axe right now, Jim. I modified it slightly, shortening the blade on one side and adding an end to the handle, so it better resembles the one from the show. Not a match, by any means, but better than a spare Hawkgirl mace.

LOL! Which line did the axe come from? It's kind of hard to tell which ones would be good from the photo archives at chapmeitoys.com...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 3:55 pm 
my tummy itches

My Hawkman is using a net (which he did in the show). He SHOULD be given an axe for any future single release, but you can bet Mattel will give him Shayera's mace. Lame but not as lame as Zatanna getting Shade's cane!
:roll: (they couldnt make a simple little straight black stick!?)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:46 pm 
Collector Inspector

batlaw wrote:
My Hawkman is using a net (which he did in the show). He SHOULD be given an axe for any future single release, but you can bet Mattel will give him Shayera's mace. Lame but not as lame as Zatanna getting Shade's cane!
:roll: (they couldnt make a simple little straight black stick!?)

I don't see why they wouldn't make his axe. They have made many other things for many other characters. The onlyy character i can think of right now is Zatanna with Shadeds cane. Oh I'm sure the reused some accesory for Batman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 4:59 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, Amazo came with Hawkgirl's mace and a Batarang in gold and different Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman figures came with the same accessories in different colors. The thing with using Shade's cane it would definately have been more acceptable if they'd just cut the knob off of it after it had come out of the mold (couldn't have cost any more to just have them cut the ball when cutting it from the sprue) and painted the end white...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:13 pm 
my tummy itches

Or Vixen's "claws" lol
Im sure the mace is available and somewhat appropriate for Hawkman, thats what we'll get.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 5:19 pm 
Cold-cast

Here ya go, an armory for both Hawks via Playmobil for about $12.50:

http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/ViewProductDetail-Start?ProductRef=7763%40Sites-US&CatalogCategoryID=6N8KAANpcFgAAAEOQxYUFTeM&JumpTo=BrowseStandardCatalog

If that's too rich for your blood, check your local Target. They have 2 sets I have been eyeing for Hawk weapons:

1. A single boxed Black Knight figure that comes with a sword, and an short handle axe (not included with the above set and looks closer to the axe from the show). This set costs $2.

2. A Knight Horse set that comes with the chained mace, sword, and a long handled axe(seen in the weapons pack above, it is the darker colored one with the longer curved blade).

I personally want a chain mace and short handle axe for Carter. But then again, there's a gladiator set at Target that includes spears, tridents and a net I believe for $5

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2007 6:39 pm 
Prototype

Mattel needs to make a new mace for Hawkman. Shayera's is just too small.