Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:44 pm 
Knows his stuff

This dodge towards providing supportive facts is an old forum tactic, and it's a cop-out, just show some creditable references if you can.

I am loath to waste my time digging up old posts for you, because you're not interested in facts, anyway. You just want to pretend the world works the way you "believe" it does. What the hell, though?

-------------
That's all I really wanted anyway. Thanks for looking those up.
--------------

You'll find it here, here, here, here, here, here, and here. Five minutes with one search. See? No "cop-out" and no "dodge". When I want to know something, I generally look for the answers myself, rather than being lazy and expecting someone else to do it for me. As you can see, it's been repeated ad nauseam.

-------------
I'll just take your word.
------------

geoffdude wrote:
I understand that, but case ratios are ultimately determined by BW / Mattel. Point; and broken record.

You're still not getting it...

geoffdude wrote:
Then you need to understand the application, and definitions, of singular and plural better, because that statement needs to be reworked.

First of all, no, it doesn't. By "we", I meant that "we" could discuss "me", since "we" are having the discussion. It's honestly not that difficult.

Secondly, don't presume to be capable of giving me an English lesson when you use "of" as a verb. Part of my job is to correct spelling, grammar, and syntax just like yours. In fact, the very sentence in which you attempted to criticize my commentary deserves correcting.
-----------
Copywriter huh? Super gig. The "of" is my lax/slang way of writing, though I know I need to be more mindful of it. Thanks for taking it easy on me though, as a copywriter I isn't.
-----------
Third, remember that part about you being at least a decade older than me? Try behaving like you're at least half my age. I could tear your post apart like a grade school teacher, but I'm trying to discuss the thread topic, if you don't mind too terribly much.

--------------
Behaving? You might want to look in the mirror on that one. As you seem to be the one with the chip on your shoulder, and acting up. I'm just here for the good times.
-------------

geoffdude wrote:
I'm not really arguing, just standing by what I believe. I'm saying that "MATTEL" decides what action to take on developing case ratios. That's all I've ever said. So far, nothing you have said has proven that contention wrong.

This isn't about "beliefs", but that's not what you've been doing, anyway. When I said case ratios are based on requests from retailers, you started babbling about how I was "100% wrong", only to repeat my very words later in the thread, as if you'd managed to produce an original thought. That's a 360° turn from your second "contribution" to this thread.
--------------
Behavior. Remember?
--------------

geoffdude wrote:
And, I never said retailers were shipped whatever Mattel wanted to. You enjoy speaking disingenuously, or still have that comprehension problem, either way try and keep the facts straight.

Laughing

See above for an example of "speaking disingenuously".

geoffdude wrote:
It's the context, not the words. This really seem to trip you up.

Mattel overloaded cases with Batman and Superman because that's what the retailers wanted. That's really all there is to it.

geoffdude wrote:
Yes they do control it, that's the "point". Even if it fails, they've determined what path(s) to lay or follow.

If you really "believe" manufacturers control the distribution of product at the retail level, then there's really no hope for you ever understanding how the process actually works.
---------
Never said "retail" level. You did.
-----------

geoffdude wrote:
Yes I have, but that's not related to who sets the case ratios that go out, which by the way is Mattel.

Based on requests from the retailers. Laughing

geoffdude wrote:
What does "sport" mean? Truly. I'm curious, but supply a real answer though, not your typical childish kind.

It is simply a term of address, and it provides no indication of age. If you look it up in a dictionary, you will find the following: n: a companionable person

-------------
Thanks, most people (I would think) tend to associate it's use with an elder addressing someone younger though. I do, so.. thanks also for looking it up *sport.
------------

geoffdude wrote:
It most certainly does, as I've always been of the mind that my beliefs are my own, and try as you might (and unless proven otherwise), I'll just continue on with that philosophy. And, I don't think I've ever said you "must" believe me. Contrary to how you're "trying" to convey your perspective(s).

You do realize, of course, that you essentially just paraphrased the old saying, ignorance is bliss.

-------------
Did I? Hmm...
----------

geoffdude wrote:
It's called basic common sense, and perspective. And I've never read (or heard) that Mattel is "dictated" to on how to develop their business plan via case ratios aka product distribution, so until I hear that, I figure basic business sense must prevail.

Speaking of basic business sense, "product distribution" happens after the case ratios are determined. Distribution happens when all the retailers send out all the cases they bought from the manufacturer on their trucks. These trucks deliver them to stores from - pay attention here - distribution centers.

-------------
Distribution is only a word. And must (should) be applied to the context it's being used within. At no point was there ever any doubt what I was discussing. "Distribution Centers" were never even mentioned. You're reaching here.
--------------

geoffdude wrote:
That's right it's confusion. I've never touched on the actual "delivery" of the figures. I'm only discussing how they are packed per case and provided (distributed from Mattel's factories) to the individual stores who've ordered them. If confusion exist and relates to semantics, then it's because (as I mentioned earlier) you're only "hearing" what you want to hear, and not what's actually being conveyed. I've always been focused on the case ratios only, and the use of the word "distribution" is applicable towards that aspect only. When was "actual" delivery (Store distribution) ever an issue, or discussed? Eyes front amigo.

That's what distribution means. You're demonstrating a complete and total lacking in even the most fundamental aspects of business knowledge, frustrated over your limited vocabulary, and taking that frustration out on Jim_Abell.
--------
You're 100% wrong. You look up "distribution" and we can get back to this. (How did you like what I just did there sport?)
-----------

geoffdude wrote:
This seems to be going nowhere, as it's a continual round-table of tinklebob for tat, varied perspectives, and distilled comprehension of the issue(s).

Actually, everyone in the room seems to be comprehending perfectly well, with just the one exception.

----------
That would be me I assume. Ouch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:50 pm 
Knows his stuff

superfriend wrote:
Moderator hijacking thread.

Caped Crusader, Geoffdude. If you have nothing new to add, stop wasting bandwidth. You are both repeating yourselves. I think you've covered everything. Everyone is entitled to their opinion. The facts have been presented as best as possible. Its time to move on.

If no one has anything new to add, this thread should be allowed to die a quick death.

Well, since I'm loathe to waste bandwidth... I'll abide.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:06 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

geoffdude wrote:
geoffdude wrote:
That's right it's confusion. I've never touched on the actual "delivery" of the figures. I'm only discussing how they are packed per case and provided (distributed from Mattel's factories) to the individual stores who've ordered them. If confusion exist and relates to semantics, then it's because (as I mentioned earlier) you're only "hearing" what you want to hear, and not what's actually being conveyed. I've always been focused on the case ratios only, and the use of the word "distribution" is applicable towards that aspect only. When was "actual" delivery (Store distribution) ever an issue, or discussed? Eyes front amigo.

That's what distribution means. You're demonstrating a complete and total lacking in even the most fundamental aspects of business knowledge, frustrated over your limited vocabulary, and taking that frustration out on Jim_Abell.
--------
You're 100% wrong. You look up "distribution" and we can get back to this. (How did you like what I just did there sport?)
-----------

I'm bored with this, too, so this will be my last post on the subject but you contradict yourself in the same paragraph, see the points I've placed in bold red in your quote? As for the comprehension problems of Caped Crusader and myself only "hearing" what we want to hear, I think that may be more of a problem of you not being able to convey the ideas you wish to defend in language that makes any sort of sense. Time and time again in this thread you've said that we're saying the exact same thing that you're saying despite the fact that our responses are the total opposite of what you started with. I'm done feeding the troll...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:10 pm 
Collector Inspector

it won't die................please :cry: die monster die

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:27 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

Can I start a poll to see how many people want this thread locked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:41 pm 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 111 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8