Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sun Dec 21, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hawkman & Joker 3 Packs
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:37 am 
Resin

Have these been spotted anywhere besides Big Lots. I checked the Big Lots waaaaaay west on Diversey in Chicago a couple of weeks ago and they didn't have have the Hawkman or the Joker 3 pack. Or any JLU. They did have the wave of DCSH with Mongul, but no Supergirl.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:42 am 
requestor of thick tufts of chest hair

In Long Island, Target has got them. I haven't seen the Hawkman 3-pack there, however the one with the new Joker and Black Canary in her sports bra has been warming the pegs at a couple of Targets around here for about two weeks. I don't understand this. I happen to think that this latest version of the Joker is absolutely perfect...not to mention it's the first appearance of the Joker in the JLU line. Go figure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:30 am 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Nightwing, I haven't seen them at any area Targets , but I did find a lone Joker 3-pack at the Big Lots in Naperville.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:45 am 
Former King of Posts

DragonsKeep wrote:
I don't understand this. I happen to think that this latest version of the Joker is absolutely perfect...not to mention it's the first appearance of the Joker in the JLU line. Go figure.

1. Its the Joker. Hasbro made several versions which many of us think are adequate.

2. its a new Joker head on an existing Joker body. Again, the old one will suffice for some.

3. one new character in a 3 pack. With Joker's popularity, its likely he will be released as a single pack. Maybe with a desirable accessory. Skip it now, buy it later.

4. the announcement of Red Hood in the Grodd 6pack which can be displayed as the Joker. Same figure in different colors. wait and get this Joker instead. Its not like you can get Grodd without him.

I forgot one

5. Joker is a villain. Some people don't buy villains. I have whole lines where I never bought the villains.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:20 am 
I found several of both 3-packs in 2 different Target stores in the Pittsburgh area about a month ago. (Which is unusual because we rarely seem to get any here anymore)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:26 am 
Bob Vila

I've seen these now several times at Targets. My hunch is that these cases are what's being restocked, rather than the Barda/Sand/Obsidian packs. This, to me, is very bad news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:47 am 
The Last Word

I got mine at Target before they ever started showing up at Big Lots, but I've seen them both places now. Still haven't seen Deadshot or Obsidian, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 6:57 am 
3 3/4"

on the other hand...I have lines where all I bought were the villains!! They are much cooler!

meks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 7:16 am 
Damage Control

I got mine at Target about two weeks before they started showing up at Big Lots. I haven't seen Target get anything new since then. Just Trinity 3-packs. I think they even managed to sell the remaining Zatanna 3-pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:06 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

I just saw a Hawkman pack by Target at Logans square by Elston two days ago nightwing...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:11 am 
Resin

GAH! Elston Target! Thanks! (small cloud of dust particles lingers just above Nightwing's empty chair as it swivels slowly to a stop.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:14 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Although what hurts me during that visit, I saw a Zatanna single, which suggests that Blue Devil may have dangled on those pegs.. He's the one I NEED!!! :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:16 am 
Former King of Posts

Target today at lunch - still nothing but Superman singles (orange and purple) and Zatanna/ShiningKnight 3packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 8:22 am 
Collector Inspector

Well even if Mr. J is warming the pegs now, he will be gone by Christmas. That pack (well maybe aside from Canary) makes a great gift for kids that like Superheroes, I mean you do get the two most famous archenemies along with a hooker. What a deal! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:35 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Found the Joker 3-pack at a Big Lots in the city of Downey. Lots of The Batman, some DCSH, but that 3-pack was the only "new" thing there.