Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 4:25 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 9:43 am 
Hat Pooper

It just bugs me to see a perfect sized Mattel Batgirl, and Supergirl who should be the same size as her and is just so much shorter. Same goes for Stargirl.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 11:14 am 
Prototype

NitEwiNg86 wrote:
It just bugs me to see a perfect sized Mattel Batgirl, and Supergirl who should be the same size as her and is just so much shorter. Same goes for Stargirl.

Yeah, they could have saved money by using the same body. I don't understand it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:19 pm 
requestor of thick tufts of chest hair

Every so often you can find on eBay a Jack-in-the-Box Supergirl figure...which was a kid's meal premium about ten years ago.

She's a bit glossier than the other figures in the JLU line, and has limited articulation, but she's the absolute perfect size. I have her on display rather than Polly.

There's also a Batgirl from Jack-in-the-Box from this same collection that is slightly less goofy looking (in the face) than the one Mattel came up with. She's the exact same size as the Mattel figure...almost 100% identical in fact. But since I paid $50 for a video game that I ended up giving away still sealed in order to obtain my black/yellow Batgirl figure, I display the Mattel one.

$50 for Batgirl, $50 for JLU Solomon Grundy, $10 for every JLU three-pack with just one new character in each (which REALLY pisses me off!!!), $20 for Doomsday and five other characters I already had (#$@%!!!), $45 for DCSH Man-Bat, $50 for DCSH Bruce Wayne removing his mask half-way, $50 each for Australian release Bane, Scarecrow, Bruce Wayne, Batsignal Batman, $45 for The Batman Catwoman in black. It's a good thing we're all made of money around here!

Sorry, that was a brief distraction...back to Jack-in-the-Box:

And the Robin from this collection is also the perfect size for JLU, but with zero articulation. He's more of a statue than an action figure. I use the new-school BTAS Robin Walmart Exclusive which was a repaint of Tim Drake in red and green with yellow/black cape (to match the original comicbook color scheme).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:41 pm 
5" Scale

If Mattel doesn't want to do tooling for a skirt for Kara, soft goods might be an option

New heads and new capes for one figure doesn't seem to be a problem as they've done it for Barda and Dr. Light.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:45 pm 
Hat Pooper

Yeah I have that sin tzu batgirl out of luck, and i'm just using the hasbro STAS Supergirl. And i haven't even gotten a DCSH Man-Bat, JLU Grundy, or TB black suit Catwoman, because of the prices. I'm sure I could find the TB Catwoman for cheap now but i'm kinda saving a certain amount of money for the jlu 3 packs that I will find maybeeeee just MAYBE one day.

Also, if Mattel does make an accurate size Supergirl and Stargirl it'd be REALLY smart for them to make Supergirl's suit blue.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 5:46 pm 
Hat Pooper

brand42 wrote:
If Mattel doesn't want to do tooling for a skirt for Kara, soft goods might be an option

New heads and new capes for one figure doesn't seem to be a problem as they've done it for Barda and Dr. Light.

And that's what im talking about!!!! Oh man how I would buy one of those.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 6:17 pm 
Knows his stuff

I would happily buy a new Supergirl figure. Heck, Stargirl too, since I never have seen her first one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 5:20 am 
Santos L. Halper

Just had to say all of your Supergirl customs look amazing!! Wish Mattel would get the hint!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 2:18 pm 
Prototype

Yes. That does look awesome. I sure wish that was in my collection. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:37 am 
Dog Squeezer

riddler2403 wrote:
Yes. That does look awesome. I sure wish that was in my collection. :D

Ditto.
Now she would be a cool COMIC CON Exclusive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:42 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Just the fact that Mattel now has the entire DC Animated "U" to choose from says to me that we will most likely see a grown-up Kara Supergirl figure at some point.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:09 pm 
Prototype

Howard the Duck wrote:
Just the fact that Mattel now has the entire DC Animated "U" to choose from says to me that we will most likely see a grown-up Kara Supergirl figure at some point.

I'd like to agree but I think we'll be seeing lots of other characters first.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 5:55 pm 
Knows his stuff

Does anyone have the old Kenner Supergirl on the the European card? I'm thinking of getting one, and I wonder if it's worth it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:07 pm 
Hat Pooper

Well, I finally bought Mattel's Supergirl today..only because if I ever get a Stargirl, it would look stupid to have Hasbro's Supergirl next to a mini Stargirl. As I bought her I was thinking "maybee she won't look that bad" I opened her, and set her up next to the others and she looks awful. She's worse than I thought it would be. I too am ashamed to set her up with the rest of the league.

Mattel, please re-do these figures!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:26 pm 
Knows his stuff

I got the JLU one for about $1.50 on clearance, I just haven't gotten around to opening her yet.