Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 10:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:17 pm 
requestor of thick tufts of chest hair
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Babylon, New York
AAAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Aren't any of you p@#$%d off getting p@#$%$d on by Corporate America? It's going to cost $20 for this one figure!!! We've already spent up to $50 for Solomon Grundy and another $50 for Batgirl!!!

What the f@#$%$???

Big deal, they threw in a pretty red hood accessory for the Joker. The point is that we already have five out of six of these figures.

I currently have more than six of each:

Batman
Superman
Flash
Green Lantern (bald)

I also already have Darkseid and two Orions. But now I have to purchase a third Orion in order to get Mr. Miracle!? Three Orions!?!? I f@#$%ing hate the New Gods to begin with!!!

This is total bull@#$%!!!

And you guys are all kissing Mattel's butt! What is this, Bizarro World?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:26 pm 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
DragonsKeep, I agree with you. Think of it this way though. Grodd is way larger than a normal figure and the Red Hood is practically a brand new character. $20 is a fair deal for those two. Consider Batman, Superman, Flash and Lex as free figures.

_________________
Please visit us at the Hall: http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:39 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 326
Location: norCal
More likely 29.99, but who's counting :twisted: . May start collecting jlu with this set, dont have tons of supes and bats yet


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 3:40 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 119
DragonsKeep wrote:
I also already have Darkseid and two Orions. But now I have to purchase a third Orion in order to get Mr. Miracle!? Three Orions!?!? I f@#$%ing hate the New Gods to begin with!!!


If you hate the New Gods why would you buy another New God that you already have to get another New God that you apparently hate?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:35 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 3089
Hey, DragonsKeep!

Twenty bucks for just Grodd himself is pretty much worth it in my book. I hear yer rant, and I understand ya. However...

...It's GRODD! We're actually getting a Gorilla Grodd. Too cool for words.

Here's my suggestion to ya: Buy the set, and trade off or sell off the other figures you don't want. There's bound to be someone out there who doesn't want a Grodd, but really wants a Red Hood/Joker. Sell him for ten bucks, and you've made half of your money back. Heck, you can probably get three bucks a piece for Supes, Bats, and the Flash, too.

Now, on the other hand, if your Target is one of those crappy, scalper-infested Targets, you might have something to get worried about. :wink:

_________________
'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:20 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 326
Location: norCal
Quote:
Now, on the other hand, if your Target is one of those crappy, scalper-infested Targets, you might have something to get worried about


Is there another type? :lol:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:30 pm 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10589
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
a bit of net edicate.
If you feel you need to misspell a word in order to put in in a post, pick a different word. The English language has a ton of them.

Arent any of you "angry",
what's the "deal",
"I hate" - leave out the F word altogether here. "hate" is a strong word in itsef.
total "insanity"
might get the same ideas across.

As for the cost of Grodd,
1. he's a deluxe figure. In today's environment, that would immediately be a retail price by himself of 9.99.
2. the Red Hood is kind of a new character / new figure.
3. Without Supes and Bats in the package, Target would not have taken the product.
4. Supes and Bats are needed to sell the product to moms and grandpas who do not recognize the other characters.
5. Moms and grandpas do recognize the value of 6 figures for 20$.
And give away the extras to some kids you know. It will make you feel good.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 5:42 pm 
User avatar
Damn you, Autocorrect!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1579
Location: Katy, Texas
DragonsKeep wrote:
AAAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Aren't any of you p@#$%d off getting p@#$%$d on by Corporate America? It's going to cost $20 for this one figure!!! We've already spent up to $50 for Solomon Grundy and another $50 for Batgirl!!!

What the f@#$%$???

Big deal, they threw in a pretty red hood accessory for the Joker. The point is that we already have five out of six of these figures.

I currently have more than six of each:

Batman
Superman
Flash
Green Lantern (bald)

I also already have Darkseid and two Orions. But now I have to purchase a third Orion in order to get Mr. Miracle!? Three Orions!?!? I f@#$%ing hate the New Gods to begin with!!!

This is total bull@#$%!!!

And you guys are all kissing Mattel's butt! What is this, Bizarro World?


So dont buy it

_________________
MIA: marvel Legends first appearance Storm!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:22 pm 
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1207
DragonsKeep wrote:
AAAAGGGHHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Aren't any of you p@#$%d off getting p@#$%$d on by Corporate America? It's going to cost $20 for this one figure!!! We've already spent up to $50 for Solomon Grundy and another $50 for Batgirl!!!

What the f@#$%$???

Big deal, they threw in a pretty red hood accessory for the Joker. The point is that we already have five out of six of these figures.

I currently have more than six of each:

Batman
Superman
Flash
Green Lantern (bald)

I also already have Darkseid and two Orions. But now I have to purchase a third Orion in order to get Mr. Miracle!? Three Orions!?!? I f@#$%ing hate the New Gods to begin with!!!

This is total bull@#$%!!!

And you guys are all kissing Mattel's butt! What is this, Bizarro World?

Kissing Mattel's butt? Sorry I'm not as unstable as you, but I'm not going to rant over this set. The number one viillain want in our polls? For only twenty dollars (and a better deal than Doomsday, who didn't have Red Hood to sweeten the deal), this is a great set.

Here's a question: If you hate new gods so much, why do you already have two Orions? The only reason you would have two is to get the new one for his astro-harness. Why bother over the accessory if you hate the character anyway?

Guess it's Mattel's fault for giving the fans what they want. :roll:

_________________
Missing: JLU Kai-Ro and bikini Barda.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:13 pm 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1272
Location: Eugene, OR
Wait a minute. In order to get Grodd we have to pay $20? Why didn't anybody tell me sooner?!? Grodd should totally be a $5 figure!

_________________
My DCAU Collection 1/30 - All 2011 JLU sets added!
DC Universe 12/15 - DC and Batman Unlimited!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:15 pm 
User avatar
Kool Moe Dee
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 2496
Grodd = Awesome.

I'm in the "if you don't like it don't buy it camp", this set and JLU figures in general are a steal compared to most toy lines.

VC9k


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 5:04 am 
requestor of thick tufts of chest hair
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 127
Location: Babylon, New York
In response to all of the above...I have every right to be foaming at the mouth at this point, guys! In recent years, (many of you and) I have spent:

JLU Solomon Grundy $50
JLU Batgirl $50
Talia $20
Scarface $20
Gordon $20
Alfred $20
JLU Darkseid $20
JLU Penguin $20 (before he was sold as a single)
DCSH Manbat $60
DCSH Bruce Wayne taking off his mask halfway $45
DCSH Batman in blue and grey $45
DCSH Australian Bane $30
DCSH Australian Scarecrow $30
DCSH Australian Bruce Wayne $30
DCSH Australian Batsignal Batman $30
DCSH Australian Ultra Poseable Batman $30
"The Batman" Catwoman $50
"The Batman" Poison Ivy $20
"The Batman" Scarface $20

...plus the cost of the basic figures and the three-packs with characters I continue to buy (and give away some...I have four nephews who are into this) over and over and over.

Jeeeezzzuuuuuuzzz!!!! That's a lot of bread!!!

Unfortunately for me, I having been chasing action figures for more than 30 years (starting with the Megos that went the way of the garage sale many years ago, but beginning really with Super Powers in 1984) I am somewhat of a "completist." It's a sickness. I sometimes dream about being at the store and finding awesome stuff...and usually having no wallet in my pocket, or no funds in my bank account. (And yes, that's why I have Darkseid and Orion, plus an Orion with his f@#$$ing harness, despite the fact that I think the New Gods kinda stink).

My thanks to Howard the Duck for the advice to sell off all these many extras that have been accumulating in my storage closet. It looks like they're multiplying like rabbits in there! But I did notice on eBay that the loose figues do sell like hotcakes. I will keep that in mind, and someday figure out how to sell stuff on that, rather than just spend tons of money. It is fun though, always having packages come in the mail.

Thanks also to Arrakhat for the pyscho-analysis. Am I really "unstable," doc? What should I do about that? On second thought, don't answer that. In fact, please don't reply at all. And as our hyper-moral web-cop Superfriend might advise, "Judge not, lest you yourself be judged."

And by the way, Superfriend, I believe the word you're looking for is spelled and pronounced "etiquette" not "edicate," and it pertains to official and professional conduct, which I don't really consider any of this. But please don't ever tell me how to express myself. You don't know me, not half as well as Arrakhat seems to. He's very intuitive; the John Jones of our forum I dare say. I am a seasoned writer, having had my plays and music performed for almost 30 years, so I must be doing something right. I use expletives very very rarely, but for effect...generally to be comical. If you don't find this entertaining, I apologize sincerely. I didn't realize how seriously you take forum participation. I personally find foul languish to be just that, foul. But I think it can be quite funny when used in anger...because it is, as I said, foul. Actually, DC uses "@#$%$!" in their comicbooks these days...that is when they don't come right out with words like 'pissed' and 'broogle.' Have you chastized them as well, my Superfriend? And if this is a religious thing, by all means, please snap out of it. Or at least realize that I neither attend your church nor subscribe to your beliefs, and have no plans to ever do so. So, with all due respect, as they say in the original Planet of the Apes, "Climb off my back!" And as the Lord said, "Do unto others as you have them do unto you." Thank you.

Sorry about that. Sometimes I can't believe what some of you guys will write as a response when you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread. This is what I really hate about forums, and the reason it took me years of just reading them before I dared to start posting my own messages. You guys have to respect each others' point of view, and allow each other to express their feelings the way they want to. This is after all the purpose of the forum. And although this is a website about toys and cartoon characters, I strongly suspect that everyone here is a full-fledged grown-up. Act your age.

BOTTOM LINE, BACK ON TOPIC: THERE'S NO REASON THAT GRODD CANNOT BE MADE AVAILABLE AS A SINGLE PACKAGED FIGURE. IF MATTEL IS SUPPOSEDLY CATERING TO US, THEN THEY SHOULD MAKE IT AN INTERNET EXCLUSIVE. THAT'S WHAT KENNER USED TO DO WITH STAR WARS. HASBRO HAS A RETAIL WEBSITE.

I can only imagine the kinds of responses this post is going to elicit!!!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:09 am 
User avatar
Collector Inspector
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1329
Location: Harrisburg, PA
DragonsKeep wrote:
In response to all of the above...I have every right to be foaming at the mouth at this point, guys! In recent years, (many of you and) I have spent:

JLU Solomon Grundy $50 (less than $40 shipped...when factoring in the cost of actually going to the Con as well as the price of the fig...not too shabby, even at $50)
JLU Batgirl $50 (nah...got her with the game on clearance for $9.99 @ Gamestop)
Talia $20 (yup...plus a killer looking Ra's and a decent looking Robin...also, all Hasbro's doing, not Mattel)
Scarface $20 (yup...plus the Vantriloquist, a decent looking Nightwing and the Bruce-to-Bats fig without a funky orange trench...also, all Hasbro's doing, not Mattel)
Gordon $20 (check...also, all Hasbro's doing, not Mattel)
Alfred $20 (check...also, all Hasbro's doing, not Mattel)
JLU Darkseid $20 ($20...you got hosed...$8/9.99 retail when released...for quite a while now $5 and $2 at both Big Lots and/or Family Dollar)
JLU Penguin $20 (before he was sold as a single) (check)
DCSH Manbat $60 (see Grundy)
DCSH Bruce Wayne taking off his mask halfway $45 (same as Grundy except he was less than $30 on FLeABay)
DCSH Batman in blue and grey $45 (less than $30 on FLeABay and even less at Tuesday Morning stores)
DCSH Australian Bane $30 (why bother? domestic release was less than $10)
DCSH Australian Scarecrow $30 (see Bane)
DCSH Australian Bruce Wayne $30 (domestic release coming soon...never bothered with him, didn't dig the funky green stuff)
DCSH Australian Batsignal Batman $30 (meh...same sculpt as the DCSH series 1, cept that one's in blue...and now there is a black version with a gorgeous wash and gnarly cape in the Bats/Robin TRU pack, so this one can take a flying leap, although the Batsignal accessory is hella kewl)
DCSH Australian Ultra Poseable Batman $30 (still would love to find this guy, even at $30)
"The Batman" Catwoman $50 ($9.99 at Value City currently)
"The Batman" Poison Ivy $20 (Target clearance...less than $5)
"The Batman" Scarface $20 (Target clearance...less than $5)


Yea...not so much. I dunno if it's my outlook or patience, but my math is a wee bit different. See bolded stuffs above.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:15 am 
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1207
DragonsKeep wrote:
In response to all of the above...I have every right to be foaming at the mouth at this point, guys! In recent years, (many of you and) I have spent:

JLU Solomon Grundy $50
JLU Batgirl $50
Talia $20
Scarface $20
Gordon $20
Alfred $20
JLU Darkseid $20
JLU Penguin $20 (before he was sold as a single)
DCSH Manbat $60
DCSH Bruce Wayne taking off his mask halfway $45
DCSH Batman in blue and grey $45
DCSH Australian Bane $30
DCSH Australian Scarecrow $30
DCSH Australian Bruce Wayne $30
DCSH Australian Batsignal Batman $30
DCSH Australian Ultra Poseable Batman $30
"The Batman" Catwoman $50
"The Batman" Poison Ivy $20
"The Batman" Scarface $20

...plus the cost of the basic figures and the three-packs with characters I continue to buy (and give away some...I have four nephews who are into this) over and over and over.

Jeeeezzzuuuuuuzzz!!!! That's a lot of bread!!!

Damn. That's one hell of list of payments, but besides pointing out that some of those aren't Mattel, I'd suggest patience in the future. Since you're already paying rough prices, why not wait it out next time to try and get something on clearance? From your list, the figure I have are:

JL Darkseid: $8 (but now I see him everywhere for $5)
TNBA Penguin: $4 (for the single though, so my patience paid off there)
DCSH Scarecrow: $10 (once again, patience)
DCSH Bane: $7 (this one was just luck)

And I've seen all of the The Batman stuff you've listed for less than $10.

Quote:
Thanks also to Arrakhat for the pyscho-analysis. Am I really "unstable," doc? What should I do about that? On second thought, don't answer that. In fact, please don't reply at all. And as our hyper-moral web-cop Superfriend might advise, "Judge not, lest you yourself be judged."
Quote:
"All you guys are kissing Mattel's butt!" Hmmmm.... Yes, it seems that you're doing quite well in not judging others unfairly. As for unstable, I'd consider anyone who curses up a storm over a toy release (especially a cool one like this) to be unstable. By all means, judge me in return, for though I'm unstable myself, I've kept that out of this thread so far. Am I swearing for "effect?" Did I insult every previous poster in this thread for their love of a new 6-pack with a much-awaited character? Don't come here to insult everyone and then preach to them when they reply in type.

Quote:
And by the way, Superfriend, I believe the word you're looking for is spelled and pronounced "etiquette" not "edicate," and it pertains to official and professional conduct, which I don't really consider any of this. But please don't ever tell me how to express myself. You don't know me, not half as well as Arrakhat seems to. He's very intuitive; the John Jones of our forum I dare say. I am a seasoned writer, having had my plays and music performed for almost 30 years, so I must be doing something right. I use expletives very very rarely, but for effect...generally to be comical. If you don't find this entertaining, I apologize sincerely. I didn't realize how seriously you take forum participation. I personally find foul languish to be just that, foul. But I think it can be quite funny when used in anger...because it is, as I said, foul. Actually, DC uses "@#$%$!" in their comicbooks these days...that is when they don't come right out with words like 'pissed' and 'broogle.' Have you chastized them as well, my Superfriend? And if this is a religious thing, by all means, please snap out of it. Or at least realize that I neither attend your church nor subscribe to your beliefs, and have no plans to ever do so. So, with all due respect, as they say in the original Planet of the Apes, "Climb off my back!" And as the Lord said, "Do unto others as you have them do unto you." Thank you.

While I can't speak for Superfriend, I think trying to keep the language on this board civil isn't something to scoff at. Children come here too, so even self-edited curses are unneeded (Not that I can preach much here. I threw a few edited curses around after SDCC while I was down). As for your claim to being a "seasoned writer" with your music and plays performed for 30 years... Congratulations on that. As an aspiring writer, I have to say that I'd honestly love to hear your insights on writing. However, your expertise isn't really related to your use of curses on this board.

Quote:
Sorry about that. Sometimes I can't believe what some of you guys will write as a response when you don't have anything constructive to add to the thread. This is what I really hate about forums, and the reason it took me years of just reading them before I dared to start posting my own messages. You guys have to respect each others' point of view, and allow each other to express their feelings the way they want to. This is after all the purpose of the forum. And although this is a website about toys and cartoon characters, I strongly suspect that everyone here is a full-fledged grown-up. Act your age.

While I respect some of your opinions, you're bringing the old adage about the pot and the kettle to mind. Your post lamented being us being hosed by corporate America, complaining about extra figures you have that aren't related to this pack, cursing, and an insult to previous posters. Find anything constructive in your first post, by all means.

As for respect, once again, don't insult everyone else and then take the righteous stance. As someone who is not a "full-fledged grown-up," I'd like to request that you act your age. I can claim the faults of youth (though it would be a dodge of responsibility and culpability on my part), but you've got no excuse for your rudeness or immaturity.

Quote:
BOTTOM LINE, BACK ON TOPIC: THERE'S NO REASON THAT GRODD CANNOT BE MADE AVAILABLE AS A SINGLE PACKAGED FIGURE. IF MATTEL IS SUPPOSEDLY CATERING TO US, THEN THEY SHOULD MAKE IT AN INTERNET EXCLUSIVE. THAT'S WHAT KENNER USED TO DO WITH STAR WARS. HASBRO HAS A RETAIL WEBSITE.

I can only imagine the kinds of responses this post is going to elicit!!!


Grodd is too large for single release (hence why Mattel crafted an entire 6-pack around his bulk), and this is a Target exclusive. I don't know how exclusives work, but I think Target would take it badly were Mattel to offer a Target exclusive figure through other routes. Anyway, Mattel doesn't have a website for JLU/DCSH products. Maybe further down the line though... Hopefully if the new line takes off we'll see that change and get opportunities like the online exclusive you're talking about.

_________________
Missing: JLU Kai-Ro and bikini Barda.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:30 am 
Killer Mothman
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1102
I am the only person unhappy to see the Justice Lords three pack AGAIN? Yeah gods, how many times can they shovel these repaints on us? I'd rather see the "cyber" Batman, Superman and a repaint of Wonder Woman than these figures. The Batman/Superman/Martian Manhunter pack is pretty bad too but at least is different than the "Trinity" set we've been swimming in the past few months. What happened to the Fire and Ice set? Why don't they just re-issue that instead? Or the Stargirl/Parasite set that everyone's been moaning that they can't find? Or even better, a Stargirl, Volcana, some other girl character (Cheetah) set?

If Mattel REALLY cares about us who keep continually buying their product even when there's nothing new on the shelves, they'd make a three pack of their most customizing friendly characters: Waverider, Elongated Man and Amazo!

And Dragonskeep - do you live overseas? You're paying way too much for action figures...


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 28 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Exabot [Bot]


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.049s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]