Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:56 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: How scarce are DCSH in countries outside the USA?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:03 pm 
Factory Worker

Man, it's getting increasingly tough to find here in the Philippines.
A recent show by the local distributor didn't have any DCSH figures save for a couple of easy to find JLU singles.

Uh oh.

JLU- We seem to skip waves over here. The last wave we got was the Lightray wave. And before that, it was the Justice Lords three pack wave. We never saw the Vigilante wave.

DCSH- The last wave we got was the Superman-Mongul wave. (a few months ago) and we haven't seen anything else since.

We have yet to see "Super Friends" here as well.

So how are my fellow DCSH hunters doing elsewhere outside America?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:08 pm 
Kool Moe Dee

Shade/Huntress wave was the last new JLU I saw in Canada at TRU, which is the only place they are available here(other than comic book shops)

As for DCSH I'm not sure, I've seen a Metallo and Mongul from the expanded Superman Returns line.

THE BATMAN stuff is everywhere and no figures are hard to find.

VC9k

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 7:09 pm 
serves the Otter

echoooing...

Yup, our retail for Mattel sux. the only way we get the figures is through comic/toy specialty stores, which are few. We're not as valhalla-ish as you think. I'm still missing Etrigan and only got the rest of that wave through the famed reject bin, which was a total blessing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:43 am 
Loose, Missing Package

My question to those of you in the Philippines, how readily available are the other Mattel toys at normal retail?... Things like Barbie, Hot Wheels, Naruto, Cars? Is it a case of just the DC stuff or is it everything Mattel?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:09 am 
Factory Worker

Good question Jim. I think I will ask around.

The CARS series seem fairly plentiful (no playsets though) but I admit I didn't follow that series as much as DCSH.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:25 am 
serves the Otter

From what I've seen in the malls, there's a lot of Kal-El, Bizarro, Black supergirl, Scarecrow and Croc, and oddly the Mattel Batman Mr Freeze. As for JLU? Lotsa GL, Zatanna, Martian Manhunter, Vixen 3-packs and lotsa Batman/Superman singles. It's not that great right now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:33 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

A few years ago when Mattel was making the Batman line before they made this into the now DCSH line, the Philippines regularly got the Zipline Batman waves along with the numerous repaints. I easily gotten hold of the Batman-Superman two-pack and regularly saw the early JLU waves. Our market was also flooded with the MOTU line. But after both MOTU and Batman repaints became constant peg warmers, we rarely saw the newer waves from Mattel.

I recently talked to one representative of the distributor here in the Philippines and asked him where are our DCSH lines, and he said that they are having great difficulty in ordering them. Most of the figures we want are just not available, including the new waves. I don’t know if that’s true but that’s what I heard… Even most specialty toy stores in Makati and in Greenhills cant get the Supergirl and Steel sets!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:42 pm 
Fugitive Dust

DCSH here in Canada is VERY scarce, (unless you want the 1st release Bizarro) only TRU carried them. Wal-mart had wave 1 then dropped the line. I've seen Kal-El once or twice at a few comic shops, but that's it. If it wasn't for board members helping me out, the last figure I'd have bought was Mr. Freeze.

The only DC related stuff we get here with somewhat of a regularity is The Batman, JLU is almost as non-existant as DCSH.

We get plenty of Cars stuff (eventually), and the aisles have plenty of other Mattel toys like Barbie, Hot Wheels, and Naruto... Just not DC. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 6:01 pm 
PVC

I'm in Shanghai right now, and I have not seen a single one. However, I was in Hong Kong last week and saw the first Batman wave (Scarecrow, Bane, Blue and Grey Bats) at a Mattel store at the Hong Kong airport.

Last edited by MrTheFrog on Mon Jan 19, 2009 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:21 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

At least you can find something in speciality stores, here NOTHING not even in speciality stores, or comic shops, I have to order everything through ebay, that happens with all the lines that I collect

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:26 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Question: Is it just the DCSH line that you guys are having problems with? What about Hasbro's Marvel Legends and Marvel Toys' Legendary Comicbook Heroes? Here in the Philippines we get the HML about 3 months delayed but the MATTEL DCSH is a rare sight....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:36 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

All we have here in Indonesia is Superman from series 2. That's it...

What's ironic, Mattel actually runs a factory here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:31 am 
3 3/4"

JLU and DCSH are practically non existant in Ireland.DCSH does come to Comic Stores but they are always sold out of the good ones.

luckily I have established a good trading network that I get my DCSH/JLU fix sorted out quickly.this week I receieved a parcel with DCSH,Cyborg,Batgirl and the JLU hawkman and Joker sets.so Im all up to date.

Im hoping the situation changes here with the DCU line.....but UIm still preordering the first waves :wink:

Post subject: DCSH in Canada
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:04 am 
Tis' but a pup

VERY VERY Scarce. I myself live in a community an hour away from "the city" (Saskatoon) and its unbelieveable how the Toys r Us, Wal-Mart, Zellers, HECK anywhere don't carry this line. The JLU assortments are atrocious as well. I can't help but wonder if all of the world will get the new figures come '08, or if it'll only be the USA. What are Mattel's committments to distribution in areas that aren't the US? Are they supposed to improve or are we to be left out in the cold?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:35 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

You live in the prairies of Saskatchewan, you should be use to the cold. :P

All kidding aside, if there are distribution problems in the U.S., it only gets bleaker for the rest of the world (including us north of the 49).