Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:53 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Should I?
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:12 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

Start collecting DCSH, its all up to you guys, I aquired a Two-face and Hank Henshaw, so Im ready to go I think, I am only asking cause I only collect JLU, but these figures are pretty damn tempting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:19 pm 
Collector Inspector

Nah. Definitely not. You should stop right now. As a matter of fact, I'll help by taking that nasty ol' Two-Face off your hands. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:31 pm 
Knows his stuff

This is the best action figure line out there right now. Why? Because the Four Horsemen are sculpting the figures. They rock 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:05 pm 
my tummy itches

All depends on how much money, time, and general resources you have at your disposal? If any or all of the above are limited, then youre better off not picking up the "habit".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:08 pm 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

Better be COMMITTED, it's a bit tough to catch-up on this line. You're looking at SERIES 6 going to 7 already...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 6:25 pm 
shirtless hugger

KRaZeE wrote:
Nah. Definitely not. You should stop right now. As a matter of fact, I'll help by taking that nasty ol' Two-Face off your hands. :lol:

You beat me to making this kind of post. However, I agree with KRaZeE. By the way, I'll take that silly Cyborg Superman off your hands...

Seriously, go for this line only if you're prepared to pay big bucks to get the older, rarer figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:22 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

Even though you might have missed out on some older figures, now's still a good time to start, with Mattel just acquiring the master license.

That, and so many characters get reissues or repaints, with some of which being even better than the original. I really like the repaint of Bizarro, and I think the newest repaint of Batman from series 8 is the best one so far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2007 7:26 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Its my current favorite. I've wondered if i should start jlu? :?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 3:04 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

after seeing the new figures...I'm in!!! This line is going to KICK ML butt!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:56 am 
Corporate Spin Monkey

I was undecided on whether I should start collecting this line, as I'm collecting JLU and I'm quite happy having that as my DC universe collection, especially now it will encompase more characters due to the new licence. Also, the cost of getting into a new line was also holding me back as I dont have as much "lesiure cash" at the moment.

But I am aslo a big Batman fan, and love the 4H take on the characters they have relesed so far. So I caved and brought Azreal on ebay. I figure I will end up playing catch up and buying most on the secondary market when my funds aren't as stretched, but at least I'm in now. And I'll only be buying certain characters, not everything so it wont be that bad, (I hope).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 6:22 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

If you really love the product and can afford it, stick with it. DCUC will hopefully satisfy most DC fanatics the way ML has for Marvel zombies.

I didn't really collect JLU figures until I went to WizardWorld Chicago last year and bought Grundy. That did it... I had to get them all.

I didn't really collect DCSH figures until early this year. I'm glad I did because I was lucky enough to make the pilgrimmage to SDCC and picked up Man-Bat. The planned DCUC has got me excited (and squeezing my pennies).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:03 am 
Cold-cast

I was in the same boat. I only collect JLU and thought about maybe opting to collect another line, but since it's hard enough just rounding out the JLU collection, that was enough to prevent me from getting burned a second time :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:48 am 
Prototype

Despite being very difficult to find the DCSH line is definately worth getting into. The figures are amazing and to good to pass up. Plus there's a lot of great things to come with the DCUC line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:36 pm 
Dog Squeezer

I think you should go for it. I agree with ^, it's a great line to collect. But then again, you asking us if you should collect something is like asking a crack addict if you should do drugs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 2:10 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

That all depends on what you mean by "start collecting".

By that do you mean you will collect as in get every figure in the line, and if you dont get every figure in the line will you feel really bad and/or angry?

If that's the case, if you are a "collector" in that sense, then I'd say no. Don't do it.

These toys are really hard to find. They're fabulous and fun and some of my faves, but if I really really wanted to get a blue Supergirl or a Catwoman, and I'd get angry if I couldn't get them, then I'd be one royally pissed off boy. If that's you, then save yourself the aggrivation. You came in here and asked and didn't run out and get them because you liked them so much, so really, that's enough of a reason to not go buy them. Add in the difficulty and I'd seriously say no.