Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:01 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:32 am 
Loose, Missing Package

vancleef9000 wrote:
Hey Jim the only variant you didn't mention was the one that makes the most sense:

Mister Miracle-Shilo Norman

VC9k

Well, most of my knowledge of Mister Miracle comes from the JLU episode so it's not surprising I missed that...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 10:56 am 
MINT!

Arrakhat wrote:
darkknight42 wrote:
DC Superfan wrote:
It actually all makes sense now that I think about it.
1. They said we would be seeing some TT.
2.CB said that Ares would be the villian for Wonder Woman because they probably couldn't get 2 females in a wave.
3. CB said if they did GL that sinestro would be the villian.
4. The clue we got about a New Gods character in the 5th wave.

One thing is ,they did say we would get a female in wave 3.

Yeah, all true but Mattel can change character selections, line ups without the 4H approval but what I don't understand is Charaxes is a villian of Batman, well Robin actually, after Neron changed Killer Moth into Charaxes and not Superman

Yeah, but why does that matter? If they want to put a random rogue in there, why not Charaxes? I mean, Superman doesn't have a rogue to face in wave 2 either. We'll get Black Manta, Harley Quinn, and Grodd, but no Super-rogue there either.

Oh, and I love the idea that the female in wave 3 could be the BaF. Say it with me folks: GIGANTA!

okay, basically what I meant was in series 1, Bats/Penguin, series 2, Aquaman/Black Manta, series 3, Batman 2 or Robin/Deathstroke, series 4, GL/Sinestro, series 5, Charaxes and who? He is not a villian of any of these heroes, could have been and made more sense, Hawkman/Shadow Thief, SHAZAM/Black Adam, hello!! Superman 2/Toyman, Mr Miracle/Dr Impossible or Robin and Charaxes makse sense, this is why I believe these lineups are not what we will see, especially this wave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:14 pm 
shirtless hugger

darkknight42 wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
darkknight42 wrote:
DC Superfan wrote:
It actually all makes sense now that I think about it.
1. They said we would be seeing some TT.
2.CB said that Ares would be the villian for Wonder Woman because they probably couldn't get 2 females in a wave.
3. CB said if they did GL that sinestro would be the villian.
4. The clue we got about a New Gods character in the 5th wave.

One thing is ,they did say we would get a female in wave 3.

Yeah, all true but Mattel can change character selections, line ups without the 4H approval but what I don't understand is Charaxes is a villian of Batman, well Robin actually, after Neron changed Killer Moth into Charaxes and not Superman

Yeah, but why does that matter? If they want to put a random rogue in there, why not Charaxes? I mean, Superman doesn't have a rogue to face in wave 2 either. We'll get Black Manta, Harley Quinn, and Grodd, but no Super-rogue there either.

Oh, and I love the idea that the female in wave 3 could be the BaF. Say it with me folks: GIGANTA!

okay, basically what I meant was in series 1, Bats/Penguin, series 2, Aquaman/Black Manta, series 3, Batman 2 or Robin/Deathstroke, series 4, GL/Sinestro, series 5, Charaxes and who? He is not a villian of any of these heroes, could have been and made more sense, Hawkman/Shadow Thief, SHAZAM/Black Adam, hello!! Superman 2/Toyman, Mr Miracle/Dr Impossible or Robin and Charaxes makse sense, this is why I believe these lineups are not what we will see, especially this wave

Ah, now I see what you mean. I've no clue as to that, but if part of this list is inaccurate (which it is), I'd say that more than just Charaxes is off.

If this list is correct, DCUC will be only twelve figures away from covering the Super Powers toy line (excluding Samurai, Cyclotron, and the Pharoah guy). If it's all true, I'd love to see Cyborg, Dr Fate, Flash, Green Arrow, Plastic Man, and the others made within the next year or so.

p.s. Mattel: Make a Tyr figure!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 2:20 pm 
Knows his stuff

hey does that batman 2 mean another bruce, or terry?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:17 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

I'd personally love a knightfall Batman done by the 4h.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:27 pm 
Knows his stuff

Possible Captain Atom variants could be the shiny gold and red "costume" from Captain Atom: Armageddon and Kingdom Come, or the blue and red costume with silver sleeves from late in Steve Ditko's Charlton Comics run.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:04 pm 
Santos L. Halper

I agree with Lou on the Captain Atom repaint...a gold and red variant would be incredible!

I assume that these lists are not 100% accurate as well, but I could take a strong guess at the build a figures....

1. Trigon...You have Beast Boy, Deathstroke and Robin....a Teen Titan villain makes sense...

2. Kilawog...Green Lantern and Sinestro...he would be a great candidate...

3. Barda OR Kalibak...At first I thought Kalibak, but since all three of these waves only have ONE female character, Barda would be a nice choice to go with Mr Miracle and the inevitable Shilo Norman variant...

The ONLY thing sad about these guesses are the lack of female characters....come on Mattel...let's get the ball rolling!!!

ZATANNA
BLACK CANARY
HAWKGIRL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:37 am 
Damage Control

Not bad if true. Bummed about no Cheetah though. I would have thought the best way to get her was in a wave with WW. Maybe we can still get one down the road, but it doesn't look likely. Looks like I need to track down a SF Cheetah afterall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 2:42 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Ghost6 wrote:
The ONLY thing sad about these guesses are the lack of female characters....come on Mattel...let's get the ball rolling!!!

ZATANNA
BLACK CANARY
HAWKGIRL

What he said! As much as I love Harley I'm just amazed that she's getting a figure before these three (or Power Girl or Huntress or Poison Ivy)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:05 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

IMO Harley is by far the coolest chick fig. I already have her awesome Hush fig so I wouldnt have minded another ahead of her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:10 am 
Daniel Pickett

I got an email from Toy Guru that stated that these line-ups were not accurate. Cornboy said the same thing on another forum.

Take those wave listings with a grain of salt.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:13 am 
An Insider

And did he tell you what the accurate lineups were?

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:31 am 
shirtless hugger

robiwan wrote:
And did he tell you what the accurate lineups were?

-R

Yeah, how much of a grain? Like, literally a grain? Or the whole salt shaker?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 11:00 am 
Prototype

Jim_Abell wrote:
Ghost6 wrote:

ZATANNA
BLACK CANARY
HAWKGIRL

What he said! As much as I love Harley I'm just amazed that she's getting a figure before these three (or Power Girl or Huntress or Poison Ivy)

I'm shocked Huntress and Poison Ivy didn't get figures in the DCSH line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 7:36 am 
shirtless hugger

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=10&itemid=11953

Mattel has addressed the lines again, but they still haven't said anything to naysay the figures, just the waves. Is it possible we'll be seeing a number of these figures show up this year but in different wave assortments?

Fingers crossed for more news and hints soon!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 50 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next