Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Dec 19, 2014 6:25 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 1:31 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Well the could release a Hal with white hair on the temples and that would be different enough. Wouldn't it? :twisted: Then some brown paint and we'd all have Hals!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:02 pm 
Killer Mothman

urbanmyth wrote:
Can someone say (or speculate) how this agreement was worded that you mention? Like Mattel asks WB/DC "We hereby ask for your permission to make an exclusive Hal Jordan figure and as to not violoate the definition of exclusive give up all rights to ever use this characters name or likeness in said toy line."

They didn't have rights for the entire DC universe back when they made Hal. I can understand them wanting to make a nice collector's item for the staff at WB, but I think the exclusive packaging and signed cards are enough of a differention from a release version to still feel like it's exclusive if they ever were to release Hal.

I have a feel this issue is really grounded in someone's integrety/stubbornness and because they "said" it would never ever get to the public - rather than based on any sort of economic or business sense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:10 pm 
Collector Inspector

Please, Please, PO-lease. If you have questions why not do a search. This has been discussed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much. I'm sure it will pop up in your search. Please I beg. :cry: I'm on my knees. :cry: evrything ......spinning ...all..I see is ............Hal........round and.......... round where we ....stop only .....Hal knows.please make it stop.......the round ....and round.......oh my God! there full of stars ..............Hals eyes are full of .........stars.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 5:06 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Cookie_TXPSY wrote:
Please, Please, PO-lease. If you have questions why not do a search. This has been discussed WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY to much. I'm sure it will pop up in your search. Please I beg. :cry: I'm on my knees. :cry: evrything ......spinning ...all..I see is ............Hal........round and.......... round where we ....stop only .....Hal knows.please make it stop.......the round ....and round.......oh my God! there full of stars ..............Hals eyes are full of .........stars.............

Conversely, you could skip this thread. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 8:54 pm 
Joint Unfreezer

JBElliott wrote:
Conversely, you could skip this thread. :P

Thank you. If I'd said it in my own words I'd be banned :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 9:14 am 
Collector Inspector

that's all you two could think of :cry: ? I referenced bolth willy wonka and 2001 and that's all you two can give me. BAH! You don't deserve a Hal figure. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:08 pm 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Just returned from Florida, and just in time, I might add...

As Mattel has just recently stated, "Hal is really off the table for the time being...

This is as good as news can be for us Hal fans. He's still on Mattel's wish list, but they cannot currently make him. Doesn't mean that they never will, however :D

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'