Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:11 pm 
Totally Ripped ABS!!!

You own a mall?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:21 pm 
Hat Pooper

whakojacko wrote:
Is anyone even sure this was an exclusive? I know for a fact I saw him at KB. I have a KB and TRU at my mall but I remember seeing this pack at other KBs where there is no TRU close by.

I'm pretty positive I got mine at TRU.

JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:35 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

If I owned the mall there would have been a Target there years ago :wink: .

Hmmm, this is weird. I KNOW I saw Penguin in a 4-pack at several KBs about 2 years ago just weeks before Big Lots and Family Dollar got him as a single. Who else was in the 4-pack you guys have? The ones I saw were Batman, Nightwing, and Batgirl all in matching purplish outfits and of course the standard Penguin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 6:41 pm 
shirtless hugger

Okay, to set the record straight on what Hasbro made and what Mattel made, I present the following character lists, Please note, that these are sculpts based on The New Batman Adventures, anything else that appeared in Hasbro's lines were repainted Batman: The Animated Series sculpts. These are listed by how they were initially released.

TNBA-styled figures by Kenner-Hasbro

Carded Figures
Batman
Robin
Nightwing
The Joker
The Creeper
Bruce Wayne
Mr. Freeze
The Riddler
Two-Face (Arkham Asylum Two-pack with Batman)

TRU 4-packs
Alfred
Commisioner Gordon
Batgirl (really off model)
Talia
Ra's Al Ghul
Poison Ivy
Ventriloquist (though I believe he was based on BTAS; anyone know?)

Vehicles
Batmobile
Batcycle (with Batman and Nightwing)

Hasbro's 4-packs were exclusive to TRU, but also sold at Warner Bros. Studio Stores.

TNBA-Styled figures by Mattel

Carded Two-packs
Batman
Robin
Nightwing
Catwoman
The Joker
Two-Face

TRU 4-packs
Batgirl
The Penguin

Mattel released Kenner's Batcave and Batplane only, but they were from BTAS. These two items are the only Hasbro product that Mattel has released. They did not release the animated Batmobile.

Mattel's 4-packs were exclusive to TRU initially, but ended up elsewhere, like KB.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 1:34 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

riddler2403 wrote:
The figures Mattel did release in their B:TAS two packs were not Hasbro's molds although they did buy molds from Hasbro.

What I meant about Mattel gettting those figures from Hssbro was that my understanding was that Hasbro's team had designed, sculpted and possibly already had the molds made but had never used those sculpts themselves and that Hasbro had sold those sculpts to Mattel when they had taken over the license. I know for certain that I've seen Hasbro catalog photos with really early versions of those two-packs most likely in Tomart's or Lee's magazines.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 3:23 pm 
shirtless hugger

I rememer those prototypes, Jim. They surfaced in December 2002 at Diamond's Previews website, solicited by Mattel. They were clearly repainted Hasbro figures, but I don't believe the two-packs were developed by Hasbro. I think they were just product Mattel whipped up in a hurry to take advantage of their new license.

What's interesting is the Catwoman shown has never been released by Hasbro or Mattel. I don't know if it was created by repainting a figure from another line or what. Also, the Batman in the Nightwing and Batgirl two-packs ended up with a different paint scheme. Joker's paint scheme also changed, as he lost the stripes on the jacket.

Here are the Diamond pages courtesy of the Wayback Machine.

http://web.archive.org/web/200303060127 ... mated.html
http://web.archive.org/web/200212091159 ... d_figs.htm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:38 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I personally have all the BTAS and TNBA figs that I want. If this was the only way for others to get them--then by all means Mattel should reuse the molds (if they have access) since many of them are OK sculpts, and some (like Mr Freeze, and Man-Bat) are great. But if I had my druthers, it would be better if Mattel re-sculpted all of them to fit the JLU/DCAU look. Poison Ivy and Killer Crock in particular could do with an updated sculpt.

And thanks be to Ham for all the archival pics and data

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:40 pm 
Prototype

Thanks. I've never seen those pics before. That Catwoman figure looks awesome. Looks like the original Batgirl body with new arms and head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 5:54 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I'm learning all kinds of new stuff. Thanks esp. too Ham Salad on that last post. This is great info.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:57 pm 
serves the Otter

Ham Salad wrote:
Mattel released Kenner's Batcave and Batplane only, but they were from BTAS. These two items are the only Hasbro product that Mattel has released. They did not release the animated Batmobile.

right, my mistake. thanks for the lists man. very helpful

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:15 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

Hasbro put out a Mad Hatter under the TNBA banner but it was the old figure in a blue trenchcoat,not the smaller TNBA version in the green outfit, the 4pk with the purplish trio and TNBA Penguin in correct colors was a TRU exclusive, the box was square and came with holographic cards like the JLU 4pks. As long as were talking 4pks, Hasbro also put out the Girls of Gotham set with TNBA styled Ivy and Talia, BTAS Catwoman and a new version of Batgirl which doesn't look like any version on the shows, this is the one with her left hand on her hip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:48 am 
Knows his stuff

back on what the title sez: they more than likely only did one wave because the show was six years old and justicve league still hadnt had figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:27 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

Tom-Tom wrote:
back on what the title sez: they more than likely only did one wave because the show was six years old and justicve league still hadnt had figures.

Yeah I thought that too. It seemed a little late to be starting a toy line based on a show that wasn't running new episodes anymore.