Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 23, 2014 4:06 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: C'mon Mattel give us a BatBot already!
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:13 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

It made an appearance on today's episode of The Batman and will be in action on next week's episode, so dust off the mold you used for the version you chose to release only overseas and give me my BatBot!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:28 am 
Prototype

I agree. Bring it on ASAP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:38 am 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Well after today's ep, mattel has released an ep accurate batbot in the shadowtek armor one...
http://www.amazon.com/Shadowtek-Batman- ... 003&sr=8-3

Im definately gonna have to see if i can find it now. Always thought about getting it, but didnt because it wasnt show accurate. But now that it is...

Also looked like some of those Bat-transformers are gonna be in the show to.
DrGreenEvil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:43 pm 
Grickle Grass Grower

I have to admit that the toys for this line looks pretty good. If the show was better I would consider collecting them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:22 am 
Cold-cast

would like to see the batrobot as a baf in the dcuc myself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 4:34 am 
Joint Unfreezer

They have released the correct Batbot in a Target exclusive 4-pack.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:18 am 
proverbial old fart

On page 39 of the June 2007 issue of ToyFare there are pictures of a Batmobile and a Bat-Plane that are transformers...

Not exactly the Ba-Bot, but getting warmer. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:56 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

DC Superfan wrote:
They have released the correct Batbot in a Target exclusive 4-pack.

What are you talking about? The only 4pk with a Batbot is the TRU exclusive and that thing sucks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:34 pm 
Master of the Interwebs

Saw this...

From TRU in Canada: http://www.toysrus.ca/product/index.jsp ... CA/2510384

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 3:55 pm 
shirtless hugger

I agree with Dr. Green Evil -- the promo showed a Batbot that looked like the ShadowTek version, with the backpack that shoots out disks. Which is nice for me -- I saw that at clearance and bought it for $5. Of course, you have to keep the head shoved down -- if you let Batman's jaw show, it ruins the scale.

That's not to say I don't want the Batbot that was released in Europe. If Mattel releases it here, I'll buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 6:40 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

This sucks,

Mattel came out with that batbot a couple of months. I thought about getting it but decided against it since it wasnt show accurate.
And walmart barely was able to sell them.
Now that its show accurate and I want it, walmart has none left.
Its kinda typical of the way my action figure collecting has been lately.

DrGreenEvil

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 12:28 pm 
my tummy itches

DrGreenEvil wrote:
Well after today's ep, mattel has released an ep accurate batbot in the shadowtek armor one...
http://www.amazon.com/Shadowtek-Batman- ... 003&sr=8-3

I haven't gotten around to seeing that episode yet but does anyone actually own this toy? I remember picking it up at Target but ultimately putting it back, not being too impressed with it.

As for the Batbot that was released overseas, I did see those when I went to Australia last year but didn't know if I should get any because of them being just slightly over $20 US and didn't want to be stuck with them if people didn't want to spend that much. But if you know people in Australia, have them look for you.

Post subject: A question about the shadowtek armor batbot...
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:04 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

With the shadowtek armor batbot, is the head able to stay down with the face part covered without the jet pack on ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:36 pm 
shirtless hugger

Quote:
With the shadowtek armor batbot, is the head able to stay down with the face part covered without the jet pack on ?

Yes, it can. But in the interest of full disclosure, let me describe the figure clearly. I just grabbed it for a look.

The backpack fits into a socket on the back of the figure. It launches disks and is kind of fun. My daughter ran around with it for hours. It has nothing to do with the figure's action feature, which is:

The head pushes down into the torso. The torso rotates to the right, and pulls the head down, and also rotates the Bat chest symbol from the familiar yellow to a circuit print pattern. The torso does not rotate to the left. The waist is strictly for the action feature. Each rotation pops the head up or down and cycles through the chest symbol.

The head does not sink cleanly into the torso, even in its lower setting. You can see a strip of Batman's face, down to his lips. This really kind of botches the Batbot image, since it's clearly out of scale with the regular figures.

If you've got some customizing skills, it would not be too tough to sculpt over Batman's jaw and create a nice-looking Batbot. Before I do that, I may try simply sanding down his lips and sanding off the flesh-colored paint on his jaw. With the head down, I think it would create a fairly convincing Batbot, and spare me the awkwardness of trying to match the paint.

Even somebody with no customizing skills could probably color the jaw with a Sharpie (and maybe remove the lips), and get a reasonable Batbot.

Again, I only paid $5 for mine, so I'm willing to make some modifications. My preference, though, would be for Mattel to release the other Batbot in the US.

Hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 3:58 pm 
Killer Moth Fanatic

Well, as long as the head can stay down and the face part is just not completely out there, I should be ok.
Ive just really wanted a batbot.
Man Im jealous. Like I said earlier, my walmart could barely sell them when I didnt want it. But now that I do they sold out. Wish I could have gotten mine for $5, instead I had to get one off amazon for over $20.

Ok Mattel, this releasing show accurate toys before the community at large knows its show accurate is just not gonna work.