Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Local Target still a JLU wasteland.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:48 pm 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10587
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
Today.
5 Shining Knight / Zatanna / Batman 3 packs, purple cards.
A dozen single pack Superman, most on orange cards.
I think I might be ill.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Local Target still a JLU wasteland.
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 4:54 pm 
User avatar
Hat Pooper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 583
superfriend wrote:
Today.
5 Shining Knight / Zatanna / Batman 3 packs, purple cards.
A dozen single pack Superman, most on orange cards.
I think I might be ill.


Hey i also went to 2 targets today and the first one I went to had:
1 shining knight 3 pack, 2 trinity packs, 1 chrome superpack
1000 superman singles

Second Target:

Shining Knight 3 pack, Huntress 3 pack
5000 superman singles

_________________
JLU Wishlist - Stargirl (taller), S.T.R.I.P.E., Gypsy, Johnny Thunder, Thunderbolt, The Creeper, Crimson Avenger, Dr. Mid-Nite, Two-Face (repaint), Batwoman, Killer Croc, Firefly, Poison Ivy, The Mad Hatter, The Riddler, Roxy Rocket, Scarface, Baby Doll


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 5:40 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 326
Location: norCal
one of mine just got in the single shining knight, luthor, orion, lantern case. Nothing for a long time before these


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:12 pm 
User avatar
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 552
jimm wrote:
one of mine just got in the single shining knight, luthor, orion, lantern case. Nothing for a long time before these


My Super K-Mart got that case recently. Target and TRU have had nothing new, and they've had it for a long time.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:21 pm 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
Stopped by Target this weekend. They had three Trinity packs and four Zatanna packs and that's it. Also, they had nothing but Superman singles.

_________________
Please visit us at the Hall: http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:24 pm 
Cold-cast
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 425
Location: Jackson, NJ
mine no longer has peg space for the 3 packs or 6 pack... i'm concerned


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:17 pm 
Knows his stuff
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 504
Mine still has a few orange-carded Copperhead singles, plus the usual Trinity and Knight/Zatanna 3-packs and Superman and Batman singles.

They go nicely with all the DCSH Scarecrows.

_________________
My Buy/Sell/Trade thread: http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=46&t=19930
My Blog: http://bigbadvoodoolou.blogspot.com


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:52 am 
User avatar
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 153
Same reports here - one Zatanna pack and NO singles. However, there are 5 Doomsday 6 packs.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 am 
Hangin' with the big boys
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 340
Location: El Paso Texas
There is hope still at Target. I bought a Superman/Wonder Woman/Entrigan 3 pack there. I also spotted a single Shade and Huntress.

Keep in mind the holiday toys are coming.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:16 am 
User avatar
5" Scale
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1772
Location: New Jersey
My Target:

JLU:
2 Trinity packs
1 Shining Knight/Zatanna pack
1 Huntress/Atom pack
Several of the original (last year's) Doomsday box set
Several single carded Superman

DCSH
Several Supermans
2 Parasites

Superfriends
A handful of Supermans & Batmans


However, the other lines...Pirates, Transformers, G.I. Joe, Star Wars, Marvel, etc. that I collect, have been coming in and out (Hard to keep TFs on the shelf), so I know that my Target is still getting stock in...just not Mattel/DC stuff.

_________________
Riddle me this...????

Image


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 8:36 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1291
My Target in Howell NJ

NO 3-packs at 3
Singles of bats and supes

Target in Freehold NJ
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes

Target by Hershey PA, 3 hours away from me
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes
old doomsday 6-pack

Is anybody else noticing a very sick and disturbing patern?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:04 am 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 498
bat313 wrote:
My Target in Howell NJ

NO 3-packs at 3
Singles of bats and supes

Target in Freehold NJ
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes

Target by Hershey PA, 3 hours away from me
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes
old doomsday 6-pack

Is anybody else noticing a very sick and disturbing patern?


Just the same one that has existed for almost 8 months now. This is our status quo with Mattel now... :roll: that, and their added back-peddling, blatant question dodging and obvious avoidance towards this issue. :(

_________________
I got nothing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:16 am 
User avatar
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1291
geoffdude wrote:
bat313 wrote:
My Target in Howell NJ

NO 3-packs at 3
Singles of bats and supes

Target in Freehold NJ
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes

Target by Hershey PA, 3 hours away from me
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes
old doomsday 6-pack

Is anybody else noticing a very sick and disturbing patern?


Just the same one that has existed for almost 8 months now. This is our status quo with Mattel now... :roll: that, and their added back-peddling, blatant question dodging and obvious avoidance towards this issue. :(


Yeah, i'm definitley tired of getting the run around from Mattel, that's for sure. I wonder if Target is dropping the line (even though they ordered another exclusive figure) and Mattel doesn't want to tell us. Target does have alot of DC options to go with now and that tie into shows that are actually on tv. :(


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 1:48 pm 
User avatar
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 498
bat313 wrote:
geoffdude wrote:
bat313 wrote:
My Target in Howell NJ

NO 3-packs at 3
Singles of bats and supes

Target in Freehold NJ
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes

Target by Hershey PA, 3 hours away from me
Trinity 3-packs
singles of bats and supes
old doomsday 6-pack

Is anybody else noticing a very sick and disturbing patern?


Just the same one that has existed for almost 8 months now. This is our status quo with Mattel now... :roll: that, and their added back-peddling, blatant question dodging and obvious avoidance towards this issue. :(


Yeah, i'm definitley tired of getting the run around from Mattel, that's for sure. I wonder if Target is dropping the line (even though they ordered another exclusive figure) and Mattel doesn't want to tell us. Target does have alot of DC options to go with now and that tie into shows that are actually on tv. :(


This is possible... and a scenario that I've predicted, and feared, for awhile now. I truly hope not though.

_________________
I got nothing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:07 pm 
Santos L. Halper
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1434
What's really interesting to me is this...

I live in Orlando...a fairly big city...I have no less than 10 Targets or SuperTargets withing 5-30 minutes of me...

I have 3 Toys R Us stores all within 30 minutes of me...

And about 8-10 Wal Marts all within 5-30 minutes from me as well...

I am a collector, so I stop into these stores almost daily or close to it...I am not a child who "lucks out" and gets a rare figure...

And yet I have NEVER seen Vigilante, Vixen, Zatanna, Blue Devil, Sinestro or Kyle Raynor on a single card...

I have never seen 3 packs of Volcana or Obsidion or Star Sapphire...

Only ONCE have I seen 3 packs of Barda, Stargirl and Hawkman...


And even though I have seen them a few times, I would say it was probably LESS than 5 times that I have seen Single carded Shades, Dr Lights and Huntress figures...and a 3 pack of Etrigan...

So, If I have ALL these stores to shop out, and am a collector who goes almost daily trying to find them...What is it like for the people who live in small towns who have limites accessability to JLU toys???

I try to be a rational person, but Mattel truly needs to own the fact that they have inflicted some pretty significant damage to the longevity of this line based on product availability and product mix...

Like I said, I try to be rational...and I am grateful that they have given us SO many characters over the years including some that I didn't think had a shot of being made at all...but it would almost be more merciful at this point to just cancel the line...

Really poor job Mattel, REALLY poor job.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.035s | 13 Queries | GZIP : Off ]