Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:51 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:11 pm 
Fugitive Dust

So I strolled into my local Target this morning and found several Star Sapphire three packs, Volcana three packs, Big Barda three packs, Blue Devil three packs, Ray three packs, the Grodd exclusive and about a dozen Hal Jordan singles. All on sale for 75% off!

Then the alarm rang and I woke up. What pathetic dreams I have. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:09 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

>>I wonder if Target is dropping the line (even though they ordered another exclusive figure) and Mattel doesn't want to tell us.<<

Extremely unlikely.

Unless things have changed since SDCC, the JLU line is alive and well. Bruce Timm himself is doing turnaround designs for characters that never appeared on the show. Mattel is currently negotiating with Warner Brothers for the rights to the Charlton characters (And my guess is Mattel will get the rights) and Captain Marvel is a definite go for the line now.

Mike
(Predictions for 2008: The name of the line will change. I'm not sure what they'll ultimately call it. The focus will be more towards collectors and less towards kids and Moms. We'll see Captain Marvel, Blackhawk, Cheetah, Manhunter and Plastic Man for sure. And there's a better than even chance we'll finally have Captain Atom and the Question.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:28 pm 
Collector Inspector

Im kinda starting to think that target has quit supporting the JLU line with the exception of their exclusives.
Now they will probably support the DCAU line that is coming out. They probably see JLU and the upcoming DCAU as 2 seperate lines, even though one is a continuation of the other. So, taking this into consideration, yeah they might have stopped supporting JLU but that doesnt have any bearing or reflection on how they will treat upcoming stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:14 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Eh, I'm not sending up red flares and ringing the alarms. YET. I'm still clinging to the belief that we're in that pre-Christmas lull. So I'll keep waiting for the next waves to hit. But I tell ya, my faith isn't as strong as it was.

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:45 pm 
Crime Against Nature

Just remember a line relaunch is showing at toyfair, and there is very little new product to still be released before end of the year (Miracle/fire/ice/grodd).

So we'll probably see the last of all the JLU stock shipped for the xmas season, instead of shipping now and have bare pegs closer to the end of the year.

Then in 2008 we'll see the relaunch.

Just my (very educated) guesses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:56 pm 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Ghost6 wrote:
What's really interesting to me is this...

I live in Orlando...a fairly big city...I have no less than 10 Targets or SuperTargets withing 5-30 minutes of me...

I have 3 Toys R Us stores all within 30 minutes of me...

And about 8-10 Wal Marts all within 5-30 minutes from me as well...

Really poor job Mattel, REALLY poor job.

Although certainly not daily, but I've been all over Tampa's Targets and Toys R Us, and of what you listed above, we are equal except that you've seen Barda and Stargirl (help a brother out if you run into them again!). Pretty much every Big Lots there had the Joker and Hawkman sets.

Yep, if I end up going ebay for some of these I'll be upset but not shocked. Finally found an Elongated Man single just two weeks back after a long drought.

Last edited by fehqew on Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 6:58 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

ToyOtter wrote:
there is very little new product to still be released before end of the year

I'd be happy with some "old" product.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 4:47 pm 
Former King of Posts

SDcomics wrote:
[(Predictions for 2008: The name of the line will change. I'm not sure what they'll ultimately call it. The focus will be more towards collectors and less towards kids and Moms. We'll see Captain Marvel, Blackhawk, Cheetah, Manhunter and Plastic Man for sure. And there's a better than even chance we'll finally have Captain Atom and the Question.)

I'd been thinking of the comment about 'wanting to complete the Super Powers'. How predicting someone marvelous might be stretching the truth, leading to a questionable stormy future...

Capt Marvel, Plastic Man, Riddler, Firestorm, Tyr

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:29 pm 
shirtless hugger

Question for those of you whose Target is a wasteland: How full are the pegs?

With JLU, I've noticed that Target only stocks enough to fill the pegs at any given time. If your pegs are full of pegwarmers, Target's not going to stock/ship anymore, because they have adequate supply of product.

Moving towards Christmas, though, that will likely change, as shipments increase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:45 pm 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

TO pick up on Ham Salad's train of thought.

Yeah, my Target's pegs are about half full.

There are 6 GL 3 packs, 2 purple Batman, and 4 purple Superman (3 with kryptonite, 1 with "racing stripes"). DCSH has 2 Scarecrows, and 3 orange carded Superman (each variant). Not exactly full, but enough showing that it would be questionable if a restock is warranted.

So...

Any suggestions on what to do about it? I know I have seen some on these boards that are financially capable of buying out the pegwarmers for donations to toy drives and such or to help flesh out their own collections/ pieces parts for customs etc. I most definitely am not financially stable enough to do that (still dealing with the stupidity of my college credit days a divorce and being a single parent).

I have been known to take a figure down, wander the store with it, and "accidentally" leave it buried under a stack of bath towels but it always seems to make its way back to the pegs in a day or so without a restock in the meantime.

So, I am open to ideas on how to help deplete the pegwarmer population and get that much needed restock of fresh cases/new figures.

I want my Target to stop being a wasteland and how!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:09 pm 
Prototype

The thing is my Target never fully stocks their pegs. Most of the time only four 3 packs are there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:15 pm 
serves the Otter

Location: Planet Reach, Coolsville, Metropolis, or Crystal Cove. It depends on the day.
Now my target is clogged with Etrigan's packs, 3 so far and they keep growing, (not that i care as i am pretty much done with JLU) i will buy figures here and there, like Grodd and such but other than that mattel can suck my diseased filled toe, ;) (j/k my toe is in perfect health ;) )

D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:35 pm 
shirtless hugger

One more thing I forgot to mention is that Target's reordering is done automatically. Each item has a magic number that triggers a reorder. Once stock gets to or below that number, a reorder happens. At my Target's I've noticed it's around 2-3 for JLU singles and 3-packs. If your store has less than that, and still no replensihment occurs, then something was either stashed elsewhere in the store or stolen. Don't stash things yourself, because Target's system knows the product hasn't been sold. If it happens (and you didn't do it) you have to wait for Target to discover the problem, which may take too long.

I have been known to buy pegwarmers, trigger a reorder, buy the new ones I want, and then return the pegwarmers to the same or a different store. It usually gets results. I've done it recently with both singles and 3-packs. I was able to get one store to get the Joker and Hawkman sets, and also the singles with Kyle and Vixen. The trick is timing. If you know a certain wave is hitting Targets and you've got nothing but pegwarmers, it doesn't hurt to try "strategic restocking."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 12:26 pm 
Prototype

Thanks for the tip Ham Salad. I'm gonna try that this weekend.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 1:42 pm 
Factory Worker

my target fills up the empty JLU pegs with other crap. its getting to the point were quittings not really a choice anymore since i knt find anything

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 55 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next