Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 1:41 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Hey SupFly, What's up with the insults, then lock?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 5:53 am 
Knows his stuff

This is what I posted:
Quote:
"I'll take that apology now Cape, SD and Jim. You guys gave me so much flack over my statements about this (that Mattel decided case ratios) that it's the stand up thing to do. "

What's difficult (or insanely idiotic) to understand about that statement?

Then you fire back with:

Quote:
geoffdude - this thread serves no purpose other than to bait everyone into more arguments. What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You say my post is to bait an argument, then go off on a rant (with insults) that puts anything I posted to shame. Then you lock it. That's just poor form. My post did not attack anyone, I just asked for an apology, and I only quoted what was said by, and to, me in support. Evidently, calling these guys out for initially attacking me (and wrongly mind you) is not something you, or others here, want to have happen. Fine, but it would be nice if you approached your moderation "duties" with a more even hand, and less hostility.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:14 am 
Daniel Pickett

Just FYI-

Quote:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Is a quote from something else. I can't think of where it is from right now, but the morning radio show I listen to play that sound clip all the time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:17 am 
The Last Word

It's from Billy Madison. Props to The Superfly for reference humor that went totally unrecognized. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:17 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

BILLY MADISON

Im glad I called that guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 6:34 am 
Knows his stuff

JuliusMarx wrote:
Just FYI-

Quote:
What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

Is a quote from something else. I can't think of where it is from right now, but the morning radio show I listen to play that sound clip all the time.

Does that diminish the intent, or insult, though? You and I both know it doesn't.

And, I've never seen the movie, as I avoid all things Adam Sandler.

Also, none of this is relevant to the nature of his post (and moderation) anyway. He slams me then he locks the thread? C'mon... it's akin to a b-slap, then running wildly away, hands flailing about in the air, shouting "you can't catch me, you can't catch me".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:03 am 
5" Scale

wow I feel like Im back on the DC Direct boards lol. This mattel forum as just turned into one negative thread after another. They are just toys, not something to get worked up about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:10 am 
Collector Inspector

fball13z wrote:
They are just toys, not something to get worked up about.

It's still real to me, dammit!

:lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:11 am 
5" Scale

KRaZeE wrote:
fball13z wrote:

:shock: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:11 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

IBTL!

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:20 am 
Knows his stuff

I agree, but I've been attacked at every opportunity for stating a simple (now proven) belief, by those who enjoy playing the "bully" on the forum boards. It's comical no doubt, but it also gets tiresome. And frankly, should be responded to... as manifest by standing up for one's beliefs.

fball13z wrote:
wow I feel like Im back on the DC Direct boards lol. This mattel forum as just turned into one negative thread after another. They are just toys, not something to get worked up about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 7:26 am 
Knows his stuff

Love that guy!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvTNyKIGXiI[/youtube]

KRaZeE wrote:
fball13z wrote:

Post subject: Re: Hey SupFly, What's up with the insults, then lock?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:24 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

geoffdude wrote:
This is what I posted:
Quote:
"I'll take that apology now Cape, SD and Jim. You guys gave me so much flack over my statements about this (that Mattel decided case ratios) that it's the stand up thing to do. "

What's difficult (or insanely idiotic) to understand about that statement?

Then you fire back with:

Quote:
geoffdude - this thread serves no purpose other than to bait everyone into more arguments. You're calling out What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

You say my post is to bait an argument, then go off on a rant (with insults) that puts anything I posted to shame. Then you lock it. That's just poor form. My post did not attack anyone, I just asked for an apology, and I only quoted what was said by, and to, me in support. Evidently, calling these guys out for initially attacking me (and wrongly mind you) is not something you, or others here, want to have happen. Fine, but it would be nice if you approached your moderation "duties" with a more even hand, and less hostility.

wow. I honestly was just messing with you with the adam sandler quote - I just assumed that you knew the reference. You're one of the few people I've met who said they don't recognize that quote, and if you were offended by that then I apologize.

As for the rest - you posted that thread demanding an apology, and being fairly rude about it. There are much better ways to get your point across without saying "see? see? you're all wrong and I'm right! nyeeeah! now apologize!!!". Do you honestly think that starting a thread like that (or like this one) will make anyone listen to and respect what you have to say? It makes you look immature and petty, and will certainly not endear you to anyone on this board. I don't think you are that way, but unfortunately, perception is reality, and I can assure that you are being perceived in a negative way by this community.

And don't pull that tired "victim" routine, about how you've been attacked by others - you have been just as aggressive pushing viewpoint as the others were, the only difference is they let it go and moved on. YOU are the one that keeps bringing up old topics and looking for a fight here. You've based your entire viewpoint on conflicting vague statements made by multiple Mattel employees. At this point, who cares? Seriously. Whether it's Mattel, or Walmart, or Target, or whoever that influences packout, really, it doesn't matter.

Both sides are right. Mattel selects the actual packout that is heavily influenced by retailers requests. I just solved it. sweet. Is everyone happy now? We ALL need to move on and get over it.

Geoff, what exactly do you want out of all this conflict? Will a public apology by everyone here make you feel like a better person, like you retain more knowledge than everyone else? If you need this community to justify your existence, then you are most definitely in the wrong place. I locked the thread because you created it simply to draw out others so you can keep arguing your point over and over and rub other's noses in it, and we don't need that negative tone here. Part of my job here is to make sure this community is a safe place to discuss our hobbies without being attacked or insulted by others. And that's what I'm doing.

If you still don't understand my "duties", feel free to pm me and we can discuss.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:09 am 
Knows his stuff

Quote:
wow. I honestly was just messing with you with the adam sandler quote - I just assumed that you knew the reference. You're one of the few people I've met who said they don't recognize that quote, and if you were offended by that then I apologize.

Never saw the movie, so yeah, it came off as offensive. And, even if I had, the use of a quote doesn't distance you from it's implied intent. All it means is that someone else has said what you want to say, and once you use it then it's original meaning (and intent) are yours to own. But you knew this already, as your use of it was specific and pointed.

Quote:
As for the rest - you posted that thread demanding an apology, and being fairly rude about it.

Rudeness is purposeful and also subjective. My post asking for an apology was not purposefully rude, contrary to those initial comments sent my way in the original thread, and subsequently (yours included) in the ones that have followed. I said -- "..you guys gave me so much flack over my statements about this (that Mattel decided case ratios) that it's the stand up thing to do. " That's rude?

Quote:
There are much better ways to get your point across without saying "see? see? you're all wrong and I'm right! nyeeeah! now apologize!!!". Do you honestly think that starting a thread like that (or like this one) will make anyone listen to and respect what you have to say?

Not looking for respect here. Bringing to light that a few forum "members" attacked for no reason, and were wrong in doing so, was, and I've gotten my point across just fine. Also, I think I've stated a few times before that I don't care what others think of me. That's not why I'm here. I'm here for the toy news, tidbits, and what not. I also chime in from time to time with thoughts. But, I do not initiate attacks, or set idly by when they are directed towards me.

Quote:
It makes you look immature and petty, and will certainly not endear you to anyone on this board. I don't think you are that way, but unfortunately, perception is reality, and I can assure that you are being perceived in a negative way by this community.

I don't need (or want) new "buddies" any more than I need the local playground ruffians gang-piling me because we have counter viewpoints.

Quote:
And don't pull that tired "victim" routine, about how you've been attacked by others - you have been just as aggressive pushing viewpoint as the others were, the only difference is they let it go and moved on.

No, what I did is called defense. I only stood by my convictions. I never went out after them for theirs. You really have a one-sided perspective here.

Quote:
YOU are the one that keeps bringing up old topics and looking for a fight here. You've based your entire viewpoint on conflicting vague statements made by multiple Mattel employees. At this point, who cares? Seriously. Whether it's Mattel, or Walmart, or Target, or whoever that influences packout, really, it doesn't matter.

Well, this issue was revisited now because Mattel just answered a question that substantiated my claims about this all along. Sorry, you don't like it, but that's what a forum is about. Topics are numerous, varied, and can be rehashed as is often the case. And, do ANY of the topics on this message board truly matter in the grand scheme things?

Quote:
Both sides are right. Mattel selects the actual packout that is heavily influenced by retailers requests. I just solved it. sweet. Is everyone happy now? We ALL need to move on and get over it.

Mattel selects the actual packout that is heavily influenced by retailers requests. -- This is what I stated from the very first. It's not what they said though. Just so we are all clear.

Quote:
Geoff, what exactly do you want out of all this conflict? Will a public apology by everyone here make you feel like a better person, like you retain more knowledge than everyone else?

Public apologies towards attacking me will be just fine, and appreciated. I never stated that I knew more than anyone, just that it was my belief that Mattel decided the case ratios, and were ultimately responsible for the many trinity packs warming the pegs. That's all I've ever said towards this, and I was right.

Quote:
If you need this community to justify your existence, then you are most definitely in the wrong place. I locked the thread because you created it simply to draw out others so you can keep arguing your point over and over and rub other's noses in it, and we don't need that negative tone here. Part of my job here is to make sure this community is a safe place to discuss our hobbies without being attacked or insulted by others. And that's what I'm doing.

Then where were you when Cape started his smack down on me initially, or Jim's hand-slap double team, or SD's bandwagon jump on? Like I said earlier, it would be nice if you were more even handed, and didn't flex your moderation powers advantageously towards you, or your pals.

Quote:
If you still don't understand my "duties", feel free to pm me and we can discuss.

With all due respect, I understand your duties just fine. But do you? And do you know how to exercise them fairly would be my honest question to you. I truly do not want to argue, fight or whatever, but neither am I going to be a punching bag for stating, and supporting, my beliefs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:14 am 
PVC

Hey superfly, nice avatar...go Cubs!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:22 am 
shirtless hugger

Couldn't this stuff be done privately via PM? Is there a reason to air any of this publicly?