Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Nov 01, 2014 5:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:29 am 
Knows his stuff

Ham Salad wrote:
Couldn't this stuff be done privately via PM? Is there a reason to air any of this publicly?

Well, yes, I suppose this and all the threads could be handled by PM, but this is a forum for discussion.

This issue transcends beyond just an argument though, it's boils down to how members (and moderators) here should relate towards one another. Common courtesy and the like. Those ideals, and acts, ultimately affect us all, and should be discussed openly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 10:42 am 
5" Scale

geoffdude wrote:
Ham Salad wrote:
Couldn't this stuff be done privately via PM? Is there a reason to air any of this publicly?

Well, yes, I suppose this and all the threads could be handled by PM, but this is a forum for discussion.

This issue transcends beyond just an argument though, it's boils down to how members (and moderators) here should relate towards one another. Common courtesy and the like. Those ideals, and acts, ultimately affect us all, and should be discussed openly.

Geoffdude,

I dont really know you man and Im not trying to be ugly, but you did just come out and call some people out, your whole post could be summed in these words...""nah nah I told you so"" Which if I was one of the people you called out, I would be ticked off too. You could have handled it a lot better and bottom line, is it really worth getting worked up about?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:04 am 
Knows his stuff

fball13z wrote:
Geoffdude,

I dont really know you man and Im not trying to be ugly, but you did just come out and call some people out, your whole post could be summed in these words...""nah nah I told you so"" Which if I was one of the people you called out, I would be ticked off too. You could have handled it a lot better and bottom line, is it really worth getting worked up about?

I requested an apology only, not a "call out".

Call out? What do you mean? By bringing attention to what transpired? What did I call out exactly?

Also, just so it's clear, I've never been worked up, I just remember it, that's all. A few members got worked up during the initial thread, and targeted me, that's the difference. I'm only here discussing they really shouldn't have, as my contention towards the issue was a correct one.

Post subject: Re: Hey SupFly, What's up with the insults, then lock?
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:15 am 
5" Scale

The Superfly wrote:

wow. I honestly was just messing with you with the adam sandler quote - I just assumed that you knew the reference. You're one of the few people I've met who said they don't recognize that quote, and if you were offended by that then I apologize.

:oops:
OK, I haven't posted yet...but I had no idea that was a quote. I've only seen part of Billy Madison, and (to be honest) didn't really like it...but just sticking my 2 cents in, it did sound like a really harsh dismissal. But I get it now. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:33 am 
The Last Word

geoffdude wrote:
Mattel selects the actual packout that is heavily influenced by retailers requests. -- This is what I stated from the very first. It's not what they said though. Just so we are all clear.

Yeah, maybe we should all be clear. My original comment:

Caped Crusader wrote:
I'm not sure how many times this needs to be said, but the case ratios are based on requests from corporate buyers from the large retailers.

Your response:

geoffdude wrote:
Actually, in this case, you're 100% wrong. These specific case ratios (trinity) were not requested by any stores. And, the heavy trinity skew to the cases was, as BW stated, something they decided to implement even if in error. BW and team were instructed (by Mattel upper management) that if they were to make a mistake in case ratios, then it would be better for it to be heavy towards the big 3.

This was your interpretation of:

Boy Wonder wrote:
As a result, I was told that if I have a mix issue, it better be with Superman or Batman because that's what the retailers want.

So that was not what you stated from the very first, and even if you had been "proven" correct (you haven't been), you would get no apology from me, simply because you cannot bring yourself to tell the truth.

geoffdude wrote:
Also, just so it's clear, I've never been worked up, I just remember it, that's all. A few members got worked up during the initial thread, and targeted me, that's the difference.

Again, we still need to get clear. You're the one starting a new thread, and then another new thread when your first one got locked. That's the online equivalent of being told you're out of line while a guest in someone's home, and then getting indignant about it. In my house, that's when you'd get tossed out the front door, but I digress. It's you who's still harping on this, it's you who can't let it go, and it's you who persists in furthering a discussion that took place a month ago.

Who got worked up again? :lol:

We now return you to your regularly scheduled trollcast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:41 am 
Joint Unfreezer

This board is just getting rediculous. A bunch of whiny babies throwing tantrums all the time[just a select few]. "Oh Mattel does this or Mattel doesn't do that", oh boo hoo cry me a river. These are toys thats all, it's not life altering if you can't find the Batman with pink underwear,you will still live. I see why some of these threads get shut down, how productive is it when everyone sits around on there computer cursing the toy companies every five minutes? We get the point Mattel sucks ok we don't need 500 threads about Hal and Mattel's distributuion,and bad marketing decisions. every five miutes everyone changes there mind on what the want ,here are some examples for you.

Ever since the Batman mattel comic line, everyone bitched and moaned about how bad they wanted a blue and grey Batman and then when we get one and it's like, no now I want a black and grey Batman. Ok thanks for the black and grey Batman but now his lips are to red or pink or whatever the hell everyone says. His lips? are you serious it's a toy ,a toy give me a break!!!

Then we get to Superman blue and red from DCU,everyone used to say ,"I wouldn't mind buying variants if they were comic accurate". Then they give us red and blue Supes and everyone says "why are we getting these I don't want these". All I can say is get used to it because we are going to be seeing alot of the big 3 in this line. Frankly I would rather them be from the comics than neon pink Batman.

These are just a couple examples out of the many,many choices that are laid before me on the daily basis on this board and every other board. Not to mention Hal Jordan,uhhh excuse me everyone do you want to borrow my bat so we can beat this dead horse? I love Hal too,Hal is the only GL in my eyes, but lets give it a rest, as far as JLU we are probably never going to see Hal.

This little rant might offend some of you and you may have some nice cute little witty comment to come back with. it's really not my intention to offend anybody,just trying to point out how stupid this is getting. We are grown men and at the end of the day this is just a hobby. We are supposed to enjoy it. Lets get backto the fun of this thing and quit acting like 5yr olds.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:50 am 
Damage Control

Mike or Superfly, can you lock or delete this? It's making my head hurt just looking at it clogging up the boards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:52 am 
5" Scale

DC Superfan wrote:
not life altering if you can't find the Batman with pink underwear,you will still live. say

I have looked every where for that damn figure!! lol But you really make a lot of great points and Ive said it before, are these toys really worth getting upset about? I love my toys, but I dont live for them.

Oh and by the way Red and Blue Supes are 2 of my fav figs in this new line! I mean they could have given us the same figure, just different paint, but they went the extra mile to give different heads on them. cant wait!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 02, 2007 11:56 am 
wears suits so fine they make Sinatra look like a hobo

Geoff, your immature debate games just don’t interest me. We both know exactly what kind of responses you wanted your threads to generate. It’s sad that you have such an obvious need for conflict and negativity in your unhappy life; hopefully you can find some fulfillment with something, somewhere. Good luck in that endeavor.

However, your ability to make certain sections of your responses in bold text is impressive, and we are all smarter for having read it.

Take a walk on the Sunny Side of the Street
http://www.facebook.com/SunnySideNews