Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:05 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Any chance of seeing a Wonder Woman figure....
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:24 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Any chance of seeing a Wonder Woman figure anytime soon? For once I wish they would include her in the FIRST wave of any line!!! I hope I don't get burned at the stake for that comment. Seriously though...why should Batgirl and Supergirl come before Wonder Woman in EVERY wave? I know that haven't released any figures yet with the new expanded license but....they said there will be a 3 inch line, will Wonder Woman be in the first wave or in the forth or fifth one? It sucks here for us Wonder Woman AND JLA fans for that matter. JLA fans can't even assemble a full league since Wonder Woman is always on hold for like 5 waves. I hope she'll be included in the Super Friends wave and not just included in the comic. It seems like people want Wonder Woman figures??? Am I wrong???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:20 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

Your not w rong. It has been hinted that there is a Wonder Woman figure waiting in the wings. You'll probably be seeing her soon enough. I mean, what is a DC line without the holy trinity of heroes?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:25 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

You'll see a Wonder Woman figure next year in the DCUC line. She might even be shown at Fall Toy Fair next week.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 5:47 am 
Shudders at the Thought of Swamp-Crotch Chafing

Not to be a wet blanket at all but did anyone else see the reply by Mattel concerning WW?

It was in the "Mattel Q & A From Around the Web" postings and they are stated as saying something to the effect of "we know that DC Super Friends is a BOYS line, and we are aware that WW is of GREAT DEMAND AND INTEREST to collectors so we are trying to find a way to make her fit. PERHAPS AS AN EXLUSIVE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE"

My jaw almost hit the floor on that one. WW is ok for multiple variations in JLU (Granted not nearly as many as Bats, Supes, GL, or Flash) but will most likely not be readily available for the Super Friends. Is Super Friends going to be a "He-Man Woman Haters Club" toy line only?

Doesn't give me much hope for a continuosly diverse group of characters for this line...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 6:13 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

Little boys don't like girls.

As they get older, that changes...

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:04 am 
Factory Worker

bnjmnrlyr wrote:
Not to be a wet blanket at all but did anyone else see the reply by Mattel concerning WW?

It was in the "Mattel Q & A From Around the Web" postings and they are stated as saying something to the effect of "we know that DC Super Friends is a BOYS line, and we are aware that WW is of GREAT DEMAND AND INTEREST to collectors so we are trying to find a way to make her fit. PERHAPS AS AN EXLUSIVE SOMEWHERE DOWN THE LINE"

My jaw almost hit the floor on that one. WW is ok for multiple variations in JLU (Granted not nearly as many as Bats, Supes, GL, or Flash) but will most likely not be readily available for the Super Friends. Is Super Friends going to be a "He-Man Woman Haters Club" toy line only?

Doesn't give me much hope for a continuosly diverse group of characters for this line...

that was refering to the superfriends like not DC universe, i think they said she might be in wave 3 or 4. although i completely agree, she should have been in wave 1

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:32 am 
Joint Unfreezer

marillion wrote:

Peace,

Chip

Ok if you keep posting pics of my wife I am going to get pissed. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:34 am 
Joint Unfreezer

Also I am sure wave 3 will feature GL and wave 4 will have WW.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:36 am 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

DC Superfan wrote:

If that was your wife and you were posting here, I'd punch you in the face personally. :)

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 9:59 am 
Prototype

I think both the DC Classics and Superfriends lines will have Wonder Woman pretty soon. She's too popular not to be included.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:25 pm 
Former King of Posts

riddler2403 wrote:
I think both the DC Classics and Superfriends lines will have Wonder Woman pretty soon. She's too popular not to be included.

Except that Mattel has stated from the beginning that "Superfriends" is a young BOYS directed line. DC Classics YES, but I wouldn't hold my breath for one from the kiddie line.

They've got plenty of male characters to flesh out the Superfriends line -
Robin, Hal Jordan, Martian Manhunter, Green Arrow, Black Lightning, Shazam, Plastic Man, Beast Boy, Aqualad, LegionOfSuperHeroes(Lightning Lad, Timber Wolf, Brainiac 5, Bouncing Boy, Young Superman, Cosmic Boy, ...), Atom, Firestorm, Dr.Fate, Blue Beetle, Red Tornado, Capt Atom, Metamorpho, Orion, Mr. Miracle, Lightray, Aztek, Zauriel, Speedy, Kid Flash, Mr. Terrific, Hourman, Dr. MidNite, ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 1:37 pm 
Knows his stuff

DC Superfan wrote:
marillion wrote:

Peace,

Chip

can i have her number?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 4:56 pm 
Super Amigo Fantastico!

*sigh* That pic does remind me of Christy...same size chest. :(

I'm depressed now.

Peace,

Chip

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 7:45 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

superfriend wrote:
Except that Mattel has stated from the beginning that "Superfriends" is a young BOYS directed line. DC Classics YES, but I wouldn't hold my breath for one from the kiddie line.

I would think that they'd approached Rescue Heroes the same way and yet there were two female characters that I can remember (Wendy Waters and Ariel Flyer, there may have been more) and each of them had at least two different sculpts made and those seemed to sell...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:05 am 
Prototype

Jim_Abell wrote:
superfriend wrote:

I would think that they'd approached Rescue Heroes the same way and yet there were two female characters that I can remember (Wendy Waters and Ariel Flyer, there may have been more) and each of them had at least two different sculpts made and those seemed to sell...

I guarentee a Superfriends Wonder Woman figure would sell. I mean, who doesn't know who Wonder Woman is?