Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 9:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:34 am 
Killer Mothman

Forgot to mention that the TRU exclusive TIE interceptor and the Y-wing are also both out.

There's also rumors going around that Wave 5 (Hermie Odle, et. al) is out but they might just be shipping to on-line stores so far. I haven't seen 'em in stores yet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 2:45 pm 
too much stick, not enough carrot

Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, so I apologize if it is not. But I'm wondering about the coins that come with them. I was in Toys R Us the other day, and saw two of the same figure sitting next to each other. But one had the standard silver coin, and the other had a gold coin. What's the difference? I've been away from Star Wars for a while but my son DESPERATELY wants the two new Sith Lords they are releasing. So while I was looking I noticed this. Anyone know?

DC/WB is all like "Wonder Woman's too confusing for a movie!" and Marvel/Disney is all like "Here's a raccoon with a machine gun".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 3:33 pm 
"You can set your clock to his haircut"

texgnome1 wrote:
Not sure if this is the right place for this or not, so I apologize if it is not. But I'm wondering about the coins that come with them. I was in Toys R Us the other day, and saw two of the same figure sitting next to each other. But one had the standard silver coin, and the other had a gold coin. What's the difference? I've been away from Star Wars for a while but my son DESPERATELY wants the two new Sith Lords they are releasing. So while I was looking I noticed this. Anyone know?

The ones with Gold Coins are chase figures. There's no different other than the gold color of the Star Wars logo on the card and the gold coin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 2:08 am 
serves the Otter

I picked up Smuggler Lando (great figure) and Roron Corrobb (ditto) yesterday, and love them.

I held Hermi Odle in my hands for about five minutes, and finally passed on him...he looks too ridiculous. He was about as pink as cotton candy, and was just too bright, and too...wrong. I was really disappointed in that figure, after waiting for it for so long.

Almost bought Animated Boba Fett, but ultimately he wasn't different enough from regular Boba Fett for me to get him.

Also, the Galactic Heroes Cinema Scenes are on sale this week at TRU for $19.99...if you've been waiting to pick up either Battle of Hoth or Battle of Naboo, now may be the time...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:06 am 
Collector Inspector

Smuggler Lando is out?!? I need that, is C3PO with Salacious Crumb in that wave too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:37 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Yep Wave 6 just hit-
- C-3PO is in wave five--- that case has 10 new figures in it (all one per case accept Yoda.

Also heads up to check your local Wal Mart--- it looks like the drought is over- my one by work said they just got 34 cases in -- Wave 4, 5, 6 and Legends Wave 3 & 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:03 am 
Collector Inspector

Cool, I need the tortured Han too. Nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:26 pm 
serves the Otter

Primetime wrote:
Cool, I need the tortured Han too. Nice!

Me too...I'm picking and choosing at this point, and that's definitely one I want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:26 pm 
Damage Control

Hey guys. I just got back into SW from a long hiatus (with the exception of the occasional cantina alien or Jabba palace alien). I'm trying to update some of my older figures with some newer/nicer replacements. I've gotten quite a few DS Troopers and Stormtroopers and like them a great deal.
One issue I'm seeing is that scale is different on some figures. The most recent Leia Boush and 4-LOM are very small compared to say the DS Trooper. Are there certain figures I need to stay away from due to the scale?
I've got some of the VOTC figures coming (Endor Han, Bespin Luke, Hoth Han, IG88 and Bossk)so I'm hoping they fit in nicely. Other recommendations? Will they eventually release all former VOTC figures in the standard line? I know they sprinkle one or two in some times (Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Biker Scout). I'd really like to update my ANH figures of Han, Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, ObiWan, C3P0, Lando, Tusken Raider and Vader and missed out on those when they were out a few years back. Are they planning more VOTC figures?? I hate the higher price, but the sculpts/articulation are almost worth it to have a definitive version.
One more question. Does anyone have a pic of the Kmart battle pack listed on page 1? It's the one with Emperor, 2 guards, Imperial Dignitary and Stormtrooper. I've not heard of it until reading that post so I'm curious what it looks like.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 6:34 pm 
serves the Otter

Has there been a Galactic Heroes Emperor Palpatine (Return of the Jedi, no lightsaber) released yet? Or has he been lightsaber-only so far?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 9:48 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

grouch wrote:
One issue I'm seeing is that scale is different on some figures. The most recent Leia Boush and 4-LOM are very small compared to say the DS Trooper. Are there certain figures I need to stay away from due to the scale?

I think that scale is actually much better now than it's been in the past. Carrie Fisher is 5'1" and Anthony Daniels is probaby around 5'6" (which would make 4-LOM short as it was based on the same costume). I'm not saying scale is perfect, but it's better than JLU... ;-)

grouch wrote:
I've got some of the VOTC figures coming (Endor Han, Bespin Luke, Hoth Han, IG88 and Bossk)so I'm hoping they fit in nicely. Other recommendations? Will they eventually release all former VOTC figures in the standard line? I know they sprinkle one or two in some times (Stormtrooper, Boba Fett, Biker Scout). I'd really like to update my ANH figures of Han, Chewbacca, Luke, Leia, ObiWan, C3P0, Lando, Tusken Raider and Vader and missed out on those when they were out a few years back. Are they planning more VOTC figures?? I hate the higher price, but the sculpts/articulation are almost worth it to have a definitive version.

No vintage next year as they're going back to the Evolutions format (3 super-articulated/accessorized figures in themed set for $20-$25). The first three sets being released are supposed to be straight re-issues of the 2005 sets (Anakin, Clones, Sith) followed by three new ones (Jedi, Mandolorians, Sith 2). Thing you have to keep in mind is that *some* of the vintage figures actually offer LESS articulation/detail/accessories (3PO, for example) than some of the basic figures. I have a feeling that variations on the vintage Han, Chewie, Vader, Stormie, Fett, Scout, Snowtrooper, Endor Leia, Bespin Luke, Hoth Han and Tusken (Greedo, Bossk and IG-88 might, too) will keep showing up but I don't think that the Luke, Leia or Ben from the first batch will be seen again. Hopefully they'll work on Lando a bit to make him better at some point. I think the Luke with poncho and hat from last year is probably the best looking Tatooine Luke so far but there really isn't a good, articulated, non-scene-specific ANH Leia yet...

grouch wrote:
One more question. Does anyone have a pic of the Kmart battle pack listed on page 1? It's the one with Emperor, 2 guards, Imperial Dignitary and Stormtrooper. I've not heard of it until reading that post so I'm curious what it looks like.

http://www.rebelscum.com/rots05BPthronerm.asp

grouch wrote:
I held Hermi Odle in my hands for about five minutes, and finally passed on him...he looks too ridiculous. He was about as pink as cotton candy, and was just too bright, and too...wrong. I was really disappointed in that figure, after waiting for it for so long.

The one I have seems to be molded in a lavender-ish plastic with a heavy grey/brown wash over it (the tongue is bright pink, tho'...), maybe you just found a error...

Quinn wrote:
Has there been a Galactic Heroes Emperor Palpatine (Return of the Jedi, no lightsaber) released yet? Or has he been lightsaber-only so far?

Nope, that one's been released in red robes, black robes and as a hologram, but to date that sculpt is the only one...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 3:47 am 
Damage Control

Jim_Abell wrote:
No vintage next year as they're going back to the Evolutions format (3 super-articulated/accessorized figures in themed set for $20-$25). The first three sets being released are supposed to be straight re-issues of the 2005 sets (Anakin, Clones, Sith) followed by three new ones (Jedi, Mandolorians, Sith 2). Thing you have to keep in mind is that *some* of the vintage figures actually offer LESS articulation/detail/accessories (3PO, for example) than some of the basic figures. I have a feeling that variations on the vintage Han, Chewie, Vader, Stormie, Fett, Scout, Snowtrooper, Endor Leia, Bespin Luke, Hoth Han and Tusken (Greedo, Bossk and IG-88 might, too) will keep showing up but I don't think that the Luke, Leia or Ben from the first batch will be seen again. Hopefully they'll work on Lando a bit to make him better at some point. I think the Luke with poncho and hat from last year is probably the best looking Tatooine Luke so far but there really isn't a good, articulated, non-scene-specific ANH Leia yet...[

Thanks for the input on all the questions. I was under the impression that any VOTC figure was far and above the regular releases. The ones I have coming from the latest wave seem to all be nice upgrades.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 5:29 am 
serves the Otter

Jim_Abell wrote:

Quinn wrote:

The one I have seems to be molded in a lavender-ish plastic with a heavy grey/brown wash over it (the tongue is bright pink, tho'...), maybe you just found a error...

Quinn wrote:

Nope, that one's been released in red robes, black robes and as a hologram, but to date that sculpt is the only one...

Thanks Jim! I'll keep watching for a Hermi Odle, and keep my fingers crossed for a ROTJ Palpatine at some point. I'd love to see him on his throne or shooting lightning or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2007 8:36 am 
serves the Otter

The latest wave of Galactic Heroes is out now...

Barada & Weequay - NOV
Grand Moff Tarkin & Imperial (black)- NOV
Endor Rebel Soldier & Endor Leia - NOV
Dagobah Luke w/ Yoda and Ghost of Obi Wan - NOV

Found them at Target last week.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 5:59 pm 
Killer Mothman

Sorry I haven't updated, but I was locked out of the forums.

But there's a whole mess of new stuff - Target battle packs, Kmart tins, figures and Galactic heroes!

Get them before Black Friday hits!! Ugh!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next