Post subject: TNI Shortpacked (Mattel related) :wink:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:59 am 
Brand Manager

http://toynewsi.com/news.php?catid=242&itemid=11973

That was really funny (IMO) :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:10 am 
Knows his stuff

That was funny, but I don't think it's indicative of what JLU and DCSH fans have been through in the last year. It hasn't been a matter of waiting a few days or weeks to get figures, it's been months sometimes, if at all. Most Walmarts don't carry these lines anymore and the Target restocks have been abysmal.

As a DCSH fan, I have never seen a figure from the Two-Face/Batgirl wave on store shelves. Not even a Knight Shadow Batman. I can't be all doom and gloom though, because online retailers have come through for me and next year should be much better under the DCU Classics line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:17 am 
Brand Manager

Yeah, I share your frustration, the Mattel stuff arrives in Brazil almost 6 months later than it arrives in US stores. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:36 am 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

You forgot to include part 2, where the guy comes back 3 months later to the same figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:49 am 
Prototype

Noose wrote:
You forgot to include part 2, where the guy comes back 3 months later to the same figures.

Ha! Yeah, tell me about it. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 12:45 pm 
Dog Squeezer

Magog wrote:
Yeah, I share your frustration, the Mattel stuff arrives in Brazil almost 6 months later than it arrives in US stores. :roll:

Wait, you mean Mattel still ships DC product to US stores? Huh, I would never have known :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:06 am 
Brand Manager

Jesterboy wrote:
Magog wrote:

Wait, you mean Mattel still ships DC product to US stores? Huh, I would never have known :roll:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:04 am 
Prototype

Magog wrote:
Jesterboy wrote:
Magog wrote:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

They could have fooled me. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 5:36 pm 
Displays Backwards

I don't think anybody here is upset because they have been out a day and can't find them - it's because of months and months of waiting and never finding them. I understand in the internet age, when we hear something is out and somebody found it, we want it, too. But when it comes to JLU figs, we fans don't know if we're every going to find them, and that's what makes Mattel/JLU/this whole thing suck so badly.

So I don't really think that comic is all that funny, more like misinformed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:06 am 
The Last Word

I don't get "upset" over not being able to find the new releases. I mean, I want the stuff, especially Deadshot, but I'll just pay the premium and buy them on eBay eventually, if that's what I have to do. At this point, JLU is like a joke when I'm out shopping for other lines. Like, "Let's see how many trinity packs they have in stock today!"

Honestly, that sums up the situation pretty accurately. Mattel makes me snicker while I'm buying Hasbro products.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:51 am 
Knows his stuff

Caped Crusader wrote:
I don't get "upset" over not being able to find the new releases. I mean, I want the stuff, especially Deadshot, but I'll just pay the premium and buy them on eBay eventually, if that's what I have to do. At this point, JLU is like a joke when I'm out shopping for other lines. Like, "Let's see how many trinity packs they have in stock today!"

Honestly, that sums up the situation pretty accurately. Mattel makes me snicker while I'm buying Hasbro products.

Why does Mattel make you snicker? They have nothing to do with the amount of trinity packs that you see. I think you meant Wal-Mart (Target, TRU, etc.) makes you snicker...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:41 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

BCYa wrote:
I don't think anybody here is upset because they have been out a day and can't find them...
So I don't really think that comic is all that funny, more like misinformed.

Oh, I don't know. Perhaps not the first day, but a week or so after new figures have shown up on eBay or the west coast, it seems to me that palpable panic does begin to set in around here.

Now true, the motivation is mostly 'cause we know that we have to be the first person to get them in the store, because if we don't beat the scalpers to them then we won't get them at all without resorting to eBay aftermarket prices, but somehow the "panic at the first sighting" still rings pretty true to me, even if there's more to the story.

You guys are right, though: a part 2 is needed where they never show up, or where they showed up, but Scalperman was there at 7:59 to get them first.

But even so, the cartoon is pretty funny to me. Very funny, actually.

Davy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:39 am 
The Last Word

geoffdude wrote:
Why does Mattel make you snicker? They have nothing to do with the amount of trinity packs that you see. I think you meant Wal-Mart (Target, TRU, etc.) makes you snicker...

No, I meant exactly what I said, Geoffrey, no interpretation required. Mattel makes me snicker because they're getting their asses handed to them in the action figure market. They would love nothing more than to have all of their products readily available for everyone who wants to buy them, despite your imagination to the contrary, but they can't make it happen. With Transformers, STAR WARS, G.I. Joe, Spider-Man, and Marvel Legends, Hasbro is dominating the action figure aisle. The only truly poor decision I see on Mattel's part is not making special case assortments - or even the regular ones - available to online retailers who specialize in catering to collectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:00 am 
Still ahead of Mudd

Caped Crusader wrote:
I want the stuff, especially Deadshot, but I'll just pay the premium and buy them on eBay eventually, if that's what I have to do. .

He has one for this too

http://www.shortpacked.com/d/20070321.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:12 am 
The Last Word

stewbacca wrote:

:lol:

Yeah, I saw that one back when it was published. I think my ex got even more of a kick out of it than I did.