Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 9:40 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: Finally Got Accurate Supergirl
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 6:31 pm 
ACCOUNT SUSPENDED

The sUPER powers one from Jack in the box, and man does she look awesome, the mattel one sucks compared to her, ths is a damn good figure, probably better than alot of others released. Anyone else know what I am talking about.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2007 8:21 pm 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

http://www.actionfigureinsider.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=9127

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:29 am 
shirtless hugger

How did you get her? Everytime i search ebay i come up with nothing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:52 am 
Loose, Missing Package

bat313 wrote:

When I wanted to get another one for a friend (got the first one in a complete set of the toys) I used "jack box supergirl" (or "batgirl") for the search. Granted, it does take a lot of patience for one to show up but it's not as bad as trying to get Static still packaged or just complete with the hover disc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:59 am 
Former King of Posts

my Hasbro Supergirl broke the other day when someone tried to remove her space armor. Still deciding what to do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:21 am 
The Last Word

bat313 wrote:

At the risk of coming across as trite and unhelpful, search more often. Seriously, they are not as "rare" as people make them out to be. I've had three myself. I still have one sitting in a box somewhere, I hooked someone on a message board with one, and I sold one on eBay. I bought an entire set at JITB when the restaurant had them, and I bought two sets on eBay a year or two ago for $7 per set. Be sure to look for the entire set, too, and not just Supergirl, as not everyone with an entire set will include "Supergirl" in the title. Expand your search for more results.

Here's one that ends tonight.

Here's a complete set of Batman, Superman, Batgirl, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Robin, Hawkman, Steel, and Captain Marvel for $20 with free shipping.

I've seen auctions for Supergirl end with no bids, even though they were set to start for less than $10. There are different levels of activity and interest at different times. I've seen the TNBA-accurate Mattel Batgirl sell for $50 loose, but I've also seen her sell for $12 still packaged with the Rise of Sin Tzu game. If you're both patient and persistent, you can get good deals on these items on eBay.

Honestly, I think Mattel's looks better. I hold onto mine because it's different, but I don't display it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:23 am 
shirtless hugger

Caped Crusader wrote:
bat313 wrote:

At the risk of coming across as trite and unhelpful, search more often. Seriously, they are not as "rare" as people make them out to be. I've had three myself. I still have one sitting in a box somewhere, I hooked someone on a message board with one, and I sold one on eBay. I bought an entire set at JITB when the restaurant had them, and I bought two sets on eBay a year or two ago for $7 per set. Be sure to look for the entire set, too, and not just Supergirl, as not everyone with an entire set will include "Supergirl" in the title. Expand your search for more results.

Here's one that ends tonight.

Here's a complete set of Batman, Superman, Batgirl, Supergirl, Wonder Woman, Robin, Hawkman, Steel, and Captain Marvel for $20 with free shipping.

I've seen auctions for Supergirl end with no bids, even though they were set to start for less than $10. There are different levels of activity and interest at different times. I've seen the TNBA-accurate Mattel Batgirl sell for $50 loose, but I've also seen her sell for $12 still packaged with the Rise of Sin Tzu game. If you're both patient and persistent, you can get good deals on these items on eBay.

Honestly, I think Mattel's looks better. I hold onto mine because it's different, but I don't display it.

Shhhoooot too late! Thanks for the link though. I have tried searching on ebay before looking up "Supergirl jack box" and never got anything. Granted i didn't look every single day so i thought it was hopeless. $20 bucks for the whole set sounds like it was a good deal. how is the Shazam figure? Is it JLU accurate?

Edit: And of course i do a search now and nadda. lol figures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:04 am 
The Last Word

bat313 wrote:
Shhhoooot too late! Thanks for the link though. I have tried searching on ebay before looking up "Supergirl jack box" and never got anything. Granted i didn't look every single day so i thought it was hopeless.

Be sure to look with the "search title and description" box checked sometimes, as well. I did that and typed jack box superman batman to find that set with the $20 Buy It Now option. I have some tips on this page of my site. Feel free to check it out and see if it helps.

bat313 wrote:
$20 bucks for the whole set sounds like it was a good deal. how is the Shazam figure? Is it JLU accurate?

It was released in 2001, so while it's based on Timm-style artwork, it's not based on his appearance on the show. In my opinion, he's too small to be displayed with the Mattel figures. In fact, I've had three, and I gave away the two I didn't sell, if that tells you how little I thought of that particular figure.

bat313 wrote:
Edit: And of course i do a search now and nadda. lol figures.

There will be more soon. Searching twice a week for something that isn't terribly common is a good way to find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:00 am 
shirtless hugger

Caped Crusader wrote:
Be sure to look with the "search title and description" box checked sometimes, as well. I did that and typed jack box superman batman to find that set with the $20 Buy It Now option. I have some tips on this page of my site. Feel free to check it out and see if it helps.

Thanks. I didn't even know that "search title and description" was an option. Guess it's been awhile since i've really hunted anything on ebay.