Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:05 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:21 pm 
Knows his stuff

Ok, got it.

I wasn't interpreting your post, just asking about your comment that seemed contradictory towards your previously stated thoughts about the trinity packs, and this "Let's see how many trinity packs they have in stock today!" statement.

I just didn't put that in context with your *overall meaning of "Mattel makes me snicker because they're getting their asses handed to them in the action figure market." belief.

It seemed you were noting the amount of trinity packs about, and snickering at Mattel due to that.

All cleared up.

Caped Crusader wrote:
geoffdude wrote:
Why does Mattel make you snicker? They have nothing to do with the amount of trinity packs that you see. I think you meant Wal-Mart (Target, TRU, etc.) makes you snicker...

No, I meant exactly what I said, Geoffrey, no interpretation required. Mattel makes me snicker because they're getting their asses handed to them in the action figure market. They would love nothing more than to have all of their products readily available for everyone who wants to buy them, despite your imagination to the contrary, but they can't make it happen. With Transformers, STAR WARS, G.I. Joe, Spider-Man, and Marvel Legends, Hasbro is dominating the action figure aisle. The only truly poor decision I see on Mattel's part is not making special case assortments - or even the regular ones - available to online retailers who specialize in catering to collectors.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 5:01 am 
The Last Word

geoffdude wrote:
It seemed you were noting the amount of trinity packs about, and snickering at Mattel due to that.

I was, because Mattel can't get the other products they spent money developing and manufacturing into retail stores and into the hands of consumers.

geoffdude wrote:
All cleared up.

No, I don't think it is, and I don't think it ever will be. I think we're well beyond that point.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:46 am 
serves the Otter

On a side note, I'm getting the vibe that some people are laughing at the 'Mattel's distribution sucks' part and then agreeing and thinking that was the punchline, when the cartoonist was more likely referencing the fan's overreaction (at that moment at least). "They've only been out one day!" Willis was taking a funny jab at fans, not Mattel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:46 am 
The Last Word

Christophe wrote:
Willis was taking a funny jab at fans, not Mattel.

I don't think anyone in this thread interpreted it in any other way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 2:07 pm 
Knows his stuff

Quote:
No, I don't think it is, and I don't think it ever will be. I think we're well beyond that point.

So pestamistic, you need to partake of some Bat-adjustment and improve that Bat 'tude of yours...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:12 am 
The Last Word

Pestamistic, huh? :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 6:53 am 
Knows his stuff

Caped Crusader wrote:
Pestamistic, huh? :lol:

pestamistic, not to be confused with pessimistic...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 7:04 am 
The Last Word

To be sure, now that you've consulted with a dictionary, of course. :lol:

Is trolling me really the most productive use of time you can imagine, Geoffrey? Have you not managed to get enough threads locked already? You're behaving like a scorned lover.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:03 am 
Knows his stuff

Caped Crusader wrote:
To be sure, now that you've consulted with a dictionary, of course. :lol:

Is trolling me really the most productive use of time you can imagine, Geoffrey? Have you not managed to get enough threads locked already? You're behaving like a scorned lover.

Not trolling, just discussing, on a forum (I've been a member here for some time after all.) It seems though, that you take issue with being asked questions, and specifically questions about previous post that you have made. Then, you begin to project that lovely disposition of yours.

And I don't imagine any of us as being too productive while posting on a toy (hobby) message board. One post is as useful, or useless, as the next.

On the other hand, I did find a Super Friends Aquaman this AM @ Target, so it's been a pretty *productive day as far as the collecting thing goes.

Can't address the thread locking issue, as it's not in my control. Mods will be mods, which typically equates to *power issues... but there are some that exercise those responsibilities a bit more reasonably (here & elsewhere), and that's always appreciated, and ultimately the right way to play overseer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 10:23 am 
Editor Emeritus of SDCC

We're getting tired of your baiting tactics, geoffdude. Enough is enough. You are trolling and you know it.

And another thread bites the dust.

Mike
(Image)