Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:45 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject: JLU drought! What have you done lately???
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:46 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

With this JLU drought that we've been experiencing lately, I came across collecting a new line... That's BEN 10 figures made by BANDAI! I started colecting them only for the last two weeks and I'm already complete with my line-up. Quality is great!

Made me think lately how Mattel is doing so badly with QC issues, distribution and releases... So many disappointments with them, made me think that maybe someone else have done what I did... KEEP OUR MINDS OFF OF MATTELS ISSUES and patronize a different toy maker... Isn't that bad for mattel in general specially us, the collector group...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:56 am 
serves the Otter

I gravitated towards DCSH. I was gonna not go ahead with it and just wait it out for JLU but then again what the hey.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:11 am 
The Last Word

I've been building up my G.I. Joe collection, both with this year's 25th Anniversary line and some vintage 1980s stuff. Honestly, I'd like to get some new DCAU items, but at this point, whatever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:50 am 
5" Scale

I customized all of the characters for JLU that I really want (and was able to customize.) I have my Zauriel, Black Manta, Power Girl, etc. so honestly if the JLU line is done, I'm set.

In the meantime, I've had a blessed relief from hunting toys, for the most part. Looking for the new Joes, as well as the Cyborg Supes and Clayface from DCSH, but haven't really needed to replace JLU.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:00 am 
An Insider

DCSH for me. I wasn't going to originally because they only had the rights to Superman and Batman characters but they were so dang cool I started anyway. Now with 3000 characters available, I am super-stoked about this line. Even more so than JLU.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:04 am 
Damn you, Autocorrect!

I started getting into Super Powers in the absence of JLU. Nevertheless, there are other toylines that have kept me busy as well... DCSH, DCD, GI Joe, Star Wars, etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:09 am 
An Insider

Also some ML, but I don't like the way they articulate the figures. Too breakable although the Hasbro ones seem more sturdy than the Toy Biz.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 8:22 am 
'The Barf' does not annoy him

Between Star Wars and JLU, I collect enough. Nothing's moved into the JLU niche in my collecting habits, and won't until the line is confirmed dead at retail.

'...because the minute a little girl is trampled by 100 teenage girls trying to get to Justin Beiber at the Tea Cups, you will be wondering why the hell we make poor Justin Beiber stand in a 30 minute line and create an unsafe atmosphere.'

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:47 am 
Prototype

I started collecting DC Direct's Alex Ross Justice figures. I think that line has some awesome sculpts and you get the whole league in one scale.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:17 am 
Ferret Farmer

The only other line I collect is Cars and that hasn't been going well for me either. Can't say I'm greedy and want them all since I only get the ones which interest me. Other than that, the occasional figure from a movie.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:17 am 
Damage Control

Just looking online to see where can i get older BTAS and JLU items.
So far I got an older BTAS CLAYFACE... slightly used but it's ok.

Just looking for BUSINESS SUIT / GREEN ARMOR LUTHOR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 11:34 am 
Factory Worker

Well I already collect Ben 10, Marvel Super Squad, The Batman and JLU(with a passion). I collect JLU first and collect the other stuff because I don't have anything else to collect with JLU. Lately, I haven't had anything to collect and due to the fact that I like DC comics so much I decided to take the plunge and collect DCSH.

I've always liked the toy line but have always been apprehensive about collecting the line because I don't think I will be able to catch up. Despite that fact, this past weekend I picked up Catwoman, Batgirl, Camo Bane, Clayface, Joker, Twoface, Parasite, Steel, Mongul, Batman and Robin. Needless to say, I am WAY behind but with a little luck I'll be able to find some of the older stuff locally. Luckily, I only want one each of Superman and Batman. I don't care for all of the repaints so that will make things much easier and not as expensive.

F.Y.I. I am looking for old Batman/Superman animated figures. I need Killer Croc, Manbat, Ventriliquist, Alfred, Riddler and Lois Lane.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:05 pm 
Resin

Asiatic Prince wrote:
Just looking online to see where can i get older BTAS and JLU items.
So far I got an older BTAS CLAYFACE... slightly used but it's ok.

Just looking for BUSINESS SUIT / GREEN ARMOR LUTHOR.

Me too. I just got Mad Hatter, Killer Croc and Ventiloquist. Plus I'm still looking for Hawkman.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:31 pm 
Collector Inspector

Ive gotten into Buffy action figures. But thinking I need to stop, don't need to pick up something I might not stick to.
Also got into getting dvds, alot of dvds. I collect Batman, Justice League (any era), Buffy. Also started collecting the Stargates.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 1:14 pm 
Fugitive Dust

I started with ben10 now I have all the figures that I want and they look great with JLU and Teen Titans figures!
JLU where are you?