Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 23, 2014 8:18 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:35 am 
shirtless hugger

wws1fan wrote:
Arrakhat wrote:
wws1fan wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
Jeff Cope wrote:
Azrael24 wrote:
No Wonder Woman? :?

Give it time.

Jeff

She should have been in the first wave, she's wonder woman! one of the big three

AMEN brotha!! Why do we ALWAYS need to wait? Why can't Batman villain fans wait for thier Joker, Catwoman, Riddler, Harley and Poison Ivy? You're NEVER told to wait and be patient because BM characters get all the love!! GOD forbid you have a wave without one of his rogues in there!! Ridiculous if you ask me!

I can see it now: Look for the new WONDER WOMAN figure coming soon...in maybe wave 9? Give me a break!!

You do realize that Catwoman and Joker came while the line was Batman/Superman only, right? And that Riddler and Ivy are still nowhere to be seen? Superman Red/Blue are the only Superman figures we've had since the line started, you know.

Anyway, I love this lineup! Hal Jordan, Deathstroke, Nightwing, Robin, and SINESTRO! Hello Legion of Doom, that's yet another figure closer to the thirteen members. And hurray for not needing to buy the inferior Robin and Nightwing out currently. :D

I know that. But honestly, do you think Mattel is going to just keep going making new characters or repackage the couple of waves of just Sups and Bats figures so they can say that they're part of the new line? They're not going to do that so in my eyes...they've already been made. Do you get my point? I meant to say too, Two-Face and Clayface not the other two mentioned since I know they weren't made yet. I don't think that Mattel is going backwards with this line. I think they are moving forward. I hope I (WE, the collectors) don't have to wait for Mattel to release another whole 5 waves of Sups and Bats figures before we see Wonder Woman. That would be SO wrong. With the character selection so far, it seems that Mattel is on the right track to make new requested/wanted figures for the collectors. I didn't say kids because parents usually won't hunt down a specific figure unless it's for a holiday or birthday gift. I think collectors rule this line and I hope I, as a collector, get a couple of cool Wonder Woman figures before the line is through. At this point just having one would be nice. :)

I don't entirely understand what you're saying, but I agree on wanting Wonder Woman and her supporting cast. If it's any consolation, the figures in wave three match up with the list of figures revealed earlier (though the original list had the wave assortments wrong):

Series 3-
M5704 BATMAN 2
M5705 ATOM
M5706 ROBIN
M5707 BEAST BOY
M5708 DEATHSTROKE

Series 4-
M5709 WONDER WOMAN
M5710 GREEN LANTERN
M5711 SINESTRO
M5712 NIGHTWING

M5713 ARES

Series 5-
M5714 SUPERMAN 2
M5715 MR. MIRACLE
M5716 HAWKMAN
M5717 SHAZAM
M5718 CHARAXES

If the list continues to be accurate by way of figures (if not waves) we should see another Batman and Superman, Atom, Beast Boy, Wonder Woman, Ares, Mr. Miracle, Hawkman, Shazam, and Charaxes. The only downside is the lack of female characters, but that should right itself as the line continues, and you get your Wonder Woman! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 5:41 am 
Collector Inspector

I haven't planned on buying any of these figures, as cool as they are. That being said I could see myself picking up the entire wave.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 2:09 pm 
Prototype

I'm hoping Wonder Woman, Atom and Ares will be in the 4th wave. That would be very cool.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 12:10 am 
Santos L. Halper

An idea just occured to me.....there are several people surprised by the lack of females so far..... I would guess Wonder Woman is the tent pole character in wave 4...and with Mr Miracle being a possibility for wave 5 , what about a Barda build a figure for that wave as well????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:02 am 
An Insider

I'll cast my vote for that!

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:28 am 
Collector Inspector

Ghost6 wrote:
An idea just occured to me.....there are several people surprised by the lack of females so far..... I would guess Wonder Woman is the tent pole character in wave 4...and with Mr Miracle being a possibility for wave 5 , what about a Barda build a figure for that wave as well????

After the Al Snow and Head Debacle years back, I don't think Barda would be allowed as a buld a figure where a Woman's "svered" head will be allowed in the packaging.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:30 am 
An Insider

It would probably come attached to the torso since there are only five figures per wave.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:48 am 
5" Scale

To me, Giganta would be the most logical female BAF to do, but I just can't help but think the execution of the figure would be awkward, at best. Somebody on here once made a joke about getting a figure with Giganta's groin pack-in, and even if the BAF piece were to be an entire female torso, I just think that'd be a hard sell where parents are involved.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 9:49 am 
Prototype

Thatman wrote:
To me, Giganta would be the most logical female BAF to do, but I just can't help but think the execution of the figure would be awkward, at best. Somebody on here once made a joke about getting a figure with Giganta's groin pack-in, and even if the BAF piece were to be an entire female torso, I just think that'd be a hard sell where parents are involved.

You know, I was thinking the same thing. If Giganta was to be a build-a-figure Mattel would have to plan it carefully.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:49 am 
PVC

You never know... Mattel may be planning to keep the actual BAF piece hidden inside the packaging, so that you don't see it until you open it. They could still advertise on the card that a piece is included, and perhaps show a pic of the completed BAF with the included piece highlighted. That way, any concerns over a "severed" head or limb seen in the bubble could be avoided. But I honestly think we're over-thinking this. Haven't Marvel Legends packages contained various body parts without any controversy coming out as a result?

Wakko

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 10:59 am 
5" Scale

Wakko wrote:
Haven't Marvel Legends packages contained various body parts without any controversy coming out as a result?

Wakko

Yes, but most of the BAFs have been large male villainous-types, so maybe that's part of the logic...seeing the head of Annihilus or the Blob may not strike the same cord as a woman's head. Not sure...but I like the idea of keeping the BAF piece hidden. There's something a little odd about seeing extra limbs floating around in a package, anyhow. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 3:35 pm 
Loose, Missing Package

Well, with Hasbro doing the Legends the pieces are in the bottom of the bubble with a "window" in the insert to show them off from the bottom of the package -- still doesn't stop it from being creepy seeing Blob smiling back from it... I, too am hoping that the BAF pieces in DCUC will be hidden from the front of the package but still visible from the side or bottom.

I noticed that the new WWE Classics Al Snow comes packed with a "styrofoam" wig stand instead of the classic Head. It really doesn't matter if DCUC is actually aimed at kids or not, the fact that they're being sold in the toy department will make anything "objectionable" or "offensive" an issue if someone wants to make a stink about it.

I looked up Giganta at the DC Database ( http://en.dcdatabaseproject.com/Giganta ) and it lists her "normal" height as 6'6" so she wouldn't have to be a BAF at normal size, heck, even at 8' tall she wouldn't really have to be a BAF. 10', yeah, BAF, but I don't think that we'd get a gigantic 12' or bigger Giganta as a BAF, which I think is what most people seem to be wanting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:18 pm 
You hear that? We're using CODE names...

Now I hope they have fixed the distribution issues by the time wave 3 is out. I want my GREEN LANTERN HAL JORDAN!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 7:13 pm 
Damage Control

I hope Robin is in his classic green and red like from his early mini series and not the new red robin.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 6:45 am 
Hangin' with the big boys

The new red Robin has grown on me. I expect Tim Drake Robin will be the standard figure and classic Dick Grayson will be the variant.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 77 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next