Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 1:48 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: JLU drought! What have you done lately???
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 7:00 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

superfriend wrote:
lance wrote:
With this JLU drought that we've been experiencing lately, I came across collecting a new line... That's BEN 10 figures made by BANDAI! I started colecting them only for the last two weeks and I'm already complete with my line-up. Quality is great!

I've been toting this line as a companion line for JLU for quite a while. See the signature.

Already complete? You actually found Ghost Freak?

YES! I found a Battle Pose Ghostfreak last week. And I believe I saw one more at my local TRU last night... But, I left it there. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:48 am 
My heart is of low-durometer PVC

Mostly, enjoying not shopping for toys.

With no new JLU figures to buy yet, the only toys I'm in the market for are the Naruto figures. And those are Mattel figures you can't find in stores yet either.

Davy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 4:17 pm 
Former King of Posts

Mostly these.

Hero Clix from the new Justice League set

http://www.wizkidsgames.com/heroclix/dc ... allery.asp

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2007 8:43 pm 
5" Scale

I bought JLU Teddy Grahams, I played enough games at Chuck E. Cheese to win a Sonic Zoom Supes, I bought Leader Class Brawl partly to have him face off against my JLU heroes.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:16 am 
An Insider

With my extra time I formulated a workable solution where everyone wins for peace in the middle east, cured cancer, balanced the U.S. budget with a plan endorsed by Republicans, Democrats, Libertarians, the Green party, and Ross Perot, produced and mastered some unreleased Beatles cuts I won from Yoko in a poker game (it pays to stay sober), predicted the outcomes of the next 3 superbowls, wrote screenplays for 2 GOOD Matrix sequels (throwing out the crappy 2 sequels ala Superman and Highlander), invented a better mouse-trap, started 6 orphanages in underdeveloped nations, solved Kennedy's murder (just wait until I publish that one!), found Hoffa's body, and unfroze Walt Disney's head and attached it to a cybernetic Gap Mannequin; He now serves coffee to my wife and myself every morning using a different Disney character's voice. I also finished my Bachelor's and got 2 Master's degrees; one from Harvard, and one from Yale.

Hmmm.... maybe a little break in JLU collecting wasn't so bad after all.

-R

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:18 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

Just waiting for the day I find the Blue Devil figure or the Deadshot 3-pack on the pegs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 11:57 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

PJ wrote:
Just waiting for the day I find the Blue Devil figure or the Deadshot 3-pack on the pegs.

I just found the Deadshot 3pk last week so at least they're still shipping. The new Mattel Q&A also hinted at possibly seeing more of these harder to find figures next year so there's hope.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 12:50 pm 
Knows his stuff

I'm still checking for JLU, hoping to find Blue Devil for myself or Deadshot/Sand/Obsidian for friends. It's a force of habit.

But aside from that, I feel caught up with my own collection. I was never a JLU completist -- sold Parasite and Star Sapphire, skipped Hawkman and new Joker, probably will sell Shayera at some point, and I can live without paying a scalper for Blue Devil. However, I desperately want Fire, Ice, and Mister Miracle (and sold my Darkseid and Orion just so I can get the 3-pack ones), and I know I'll be totally content when and if I ever find them.

I don't collect DCSH and haven't seen any DCUC figures announced yet that I want. If they make a good Wally West Flash or any JLI or Starman characters, I'll be there. So far, I feel great that I don't want any! I only buy two or three DC Direct figures every year, and at least I have New Frontier Dr. Fate to look forward to in December, and nothing after him. But nothing else new or cool is on my horizon, toy-wise.

I've cut back on DVDs in a major way, but I will have to get the Angel: The Complete Series box set to go with my Buffy TVS: The Chosen Collection and Firefly: The Complete Series sets. I also quit collecting monthly comics a year or two back, but I'll pick up Whedon's Buffy Season 8 TPB for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 2:11 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I've been buying a lot of custom JLUs and custom Super Powers figures since I don't have the time or space to do customs right now.

I've also been collecting the CARS line and the Doctor Who figures.

I've bought a CRAP load of all of that stuff in the past few months!!!

I still need Blue Devil and the Obsidian 3-pack. SpyMagician found me a Deadshot 3-pack last week. (Thanks J!)

And while I'm thanking people big thanks go out to Jim Able and Tristan for helping me find some CARS stuff!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:50 pm 
shirtless hugger

My drought has been quenched (for the moment)! I found the Star Sapphire/Sand pack at my TRU, and I may have missed other packs, because someone hit the area before me (they at least got both Clayfaces and Catwomans from DCSH. Catwomans. Catwomen?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:14 am 
3 3/4"

since I got up to date on DCSH and JLU I have been getting caught up on SW-had 11 figures to get there and Joe TFAC with wave 3.I was bought LCBH 1/Clownface and 2 as well as ML3 and FF1 by Fiona BUT she making me keep them until Christmas :shock:

then I satrted down the road of getting some Thundercats(been on my vintage to do list for a while)and I got some GREAT deals.

so in a way Im glad of the dry spell but Im ready now so bring them on Mattel :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:31 am 
Collector Inspector

All caught up on JLU and DCSH, so my cash has been going to completing my Soundgarden collection, both memorabilia and recordings I am missing. Image

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 5:54 am 
Factory Worker

The drought of JLU and DCSH has me hunting down past Marvel minimates and Flash statues.

And with DC Direct focusing on mostly Batmana and Superman... I'm shifting to other lines as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 9:37 am 
shirtless hugger

For me, I have been mostly focused on world domination. I figure if i take over the world i can enslave the human populus, put them all to work for Mattel and have them make every JLU figure i could possibly imagine and then some. And then all the vehicles. And then all the Cities and Towns. And then when nothing is left to be made i will melt it all down into one ring to rule them all.

Of course i kid :) It's been a long day of work and i think someone spiked the water cooler! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:09 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I had a custom display case built for my JLU. I should be getting it in the next week or so. I am very excited.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 52 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next