Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:11 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:25 am 
Resin

We're pretty much paying $10 per figure anyway with the way the 3 packs have been (1 new character and 2 two old, overdone, "I already have 9 of this guy" characters), So if I've got to pay $10 online for a figure I would never see otherwise, SIGN ME UP!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 5:34 am 
5" Scale

Jim_Abell wrote:
Something for everyone to keep in mind, if Mattel were to take JLU to online sales/online only the cost is going to be considerably higher. Yes, it's a "budget line" because of the re-use of parts but online sales are going to mean smaller production runs and higher overhead than if these are going out to brick-n-morters. Honestly, I would expect a single to be around $10 if online sales happen.
Don't forget shipping. That's always a killer too.

That said online is the way to go if the line doesn't get picked up but only if they are sold directly by Mattel. Online toy stores often have AWFUL prices but if Mattel sold them directly that would be better for everyone. I like Bryan Long's idea about shipping being cheaper if they are shipped together too. I three pack of all new characters or of hard to find characters would be great too. They might as well go whole hog and release accessories too.

Conventions are ripe for scalper abuse on eBay. So I'm not crazy about that idea.

I think the line WILL be picked up though. JLU sells mad-crazy at my Target. LOTS of peg-warmers but those eventually sell too. Other than peg-warmers my Targets and Toys R Us usually only have a few figures on the shelves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:28 pm 
Factory Worker

if mattel goes the online way, i would say skip the package stuff. just put them in plastic bags to make it easier and reduce shipping costs

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 1:37 pm 
Resin

I would hope if we were paying $10 bucks for a new figure that they would start using the older, more solid plastic instead of the flimsy stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 7:29 pm 
PVC

Another way for us to get new JLU figures is have figures come with a wave of DCUC instead of a BAF. I don't know if that is possible, but it's an idea. Also, it might help people who are only interested one of those toylines interested in the other. Just a thought.

-Seth!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 20, 2007 9:01 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Seth! wrote:
Another way for us to get new JLU figures is have figures come with a wave of DCUC instead of a BAF. I don't know if that is possible, but it's an idea. Also, it might help people who are only interested one of those toylines interested in the other. Just a thought.

-Seth!

I can pretty much guarantee you this will never even be a thought and if it was announced, expect much more of an uproar to this than the first Firestorm headsculpt. I can't believe any DCUC collector would want some JLU figures instead of another bigger DCUC figure. DCUC fans want 6 inch, highly articulated, comic figures. Those are everything JLU isn't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 21, 2007 3:20 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I don't want to have to buy a DCUC figure to get a JLU figure. It's really not any better than getting stuck with another JLU Superman or Batman in every 3-pack. It just amounts to more garbage to throw out. No offense DCUC collectors but they might as well package them with Barbie dolls as far as I'm concerned. I have no desire to start collecting yet another action figure line.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 7:17 am 
Grickle Grass Grower

I wouldnt balk at a $10 per fig, price tag. I have paid more than that to fill in my collection and for hard to find figs. And I will buy a 3 pack for just one new fig, (Volcana, Etrigan and others) so essentially that fig was worth 10 bucks to me. But in my mind: if I had to drop 10 bucks per fig, and there were 10 new figs in a wave, and ordering online meant that I would get them all as soon as they were available (no hunting!)--then hell yeah that's $100 well spent.

I think that it's probably more cost effective for Mattel to partner with an online store, rather than start one from the ground up (unless they were making all their toys available direct to consumer).