Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 8:31 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:21 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Thanks for that comprehensive report JDCB. When I went to K-mart today I kept it in mind so I knew what to expect at checkout. Of course, my stinkin' Kmart store only has the same, old 3 packs and Superman single carded JLU and the same Killer Croc DCSH figure that it has had for over a year now.

I did manage to find the 10" Batman with cloth cape and both a shiny S 10" and regular 10" Superman, each $10.99, so I got them and checked out.

The coupon said the "previous item not accepted" or whatever it says when the SINGLE toy is not over $20, no matter that I bought two toys that totaled over $22. However, the cashiers around here are much nicer and rather than tell me too bad or otherwise deny me, she calls the supervisor and assures her that I have met all the requirements listed on the coupon and so they ring it up with a generic coupon code since it won't take the manufacturer coupon code.

(Also, FYE has a lot of DCD and Marvel Select and other figures clearance priced at the moment, I got all this today in the same mall trip:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 12:29 pm 
Hangin' with the big boys

nice haullage! My kmart is dry. Dang my fye has 0 clearance. would love to get thanos, mephisto, and ghost rider select they have too!! Did pickup dcd silver age luthor and dark victory batman for 8 bucks and change for both at the local cd shop

Last edited by jimm on Mon Oct 22, 2007 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 1:53 pm 
Daniel Pickett

I didn't see Thanos (if someone finds one on clearance let me know, I need one), but I DID pick up Mephisto at an FYE for $14. They had the Ghost Rider too, but he was not on clearance. Regular price of $20.

Their clearance was a bit odd in the characters from the same WAVE of DCD were different prices. Not the series, in the same wave. Some were $9.99 some were $14.99. Weird.
D.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 2:54 am 
Knows his stuff

i cant wait for the second "best of" marvel select this december. im a gonna get me a venom!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2007 4:58 am 
Former King of Posts

That Blue Beetle for 6.95 is a steal. I may have to go. My local Newberry Comics - they most sell music and movies - frequently has DCDirect figures form the same wave be a few dollars apart in price. I remember a Nighwing was 17.99 while some lesser known character from the same wave is 14.99.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:11 am 
there were horses, and a man on fire, and I killed a guy with a trident

ManCalledNova wrote:
Yeah, today I saw the 10" Aquaman w/cloth cape and Justice Lords Superman. They also had the Kyle Green Lantern 3pack.

Yeah, I me thinks this will be good for the 10-inch figures... Get two and then $5.00 off...