Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 10:20 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 11, 2007 6:01 pm 
Benevolent Barkeep, Bouncer, Bulwark

Hey folks . . . if anyone sees and can pick me up a Barda pack and a Star Saphire pack I'd really appreciate it. Its just been too long and I don't trust my chances of finding them at my Big Lots. Thanks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:37 am 
shirtless hugger

Well i didn't find the barda/star sarphire packs but i did find the remaining trinity 3-pack that went with them. I also found two more trinity packs that looked like Parasite and Volcana might have been at my big lots at one time. I'm gonna try to check it at least once a week now.

Those of you interested in those DC superhero kiddie looking toys, big lots had them too for 7.50 a peice. They had batman superman and maybe aquaman? not sure though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:37 pm 
proverbial old fart

There are several BigLots in the Tulsa area and I will hit them all in the next week.

I picked up the Hawkman 3pack at the Owasso BL a few weeks ago and they had several of the Black Canary/Joker 3packs. They also had the DC SuperFriends - mostly Batman and Superman, but a few Lex Luthors and a couple of Flash & GL figures.

If anyone needs something -(Cantina -Dan, I have your wants on my note pad) - drop me a note and I'll see what I can find for you. I can't promise anything, but I'll see what I can find for you guys that don't have a BL nearby.

:wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 8:18 pm 
Knows his stuff

I hit one Big Lots today, with two more to go tomorrow. Found one Hawkman 3-pack, and several Joker 3-packs, both of which I already have. I'll keep looking for the Star Sapphire pack.
Should a hobby really be this frustrating?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 5:02 am 
Fugitive Dust

All I saw in my Big Lots yesterday was the Hawkman 3 pack with a Hawkwoman in it instead of a Hawkman, and a bunch of Joker/Canary/Batman 3 packs.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 2:45 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

brebro wrote:
All I saw in my Big Lots yesterday was the Hawkman 3 pack with a Hawkwoman in it instead of a Hawkman, and a bunch of Joker/Canary/Batman 3 packs.

Do you suppose someone pulled the "Ol' Switcheroo" here? I remember alot of people were returning G.I. Joe 3-packs to the stores after they took out the figures they wanted, swapped them with some undesirable figures in their collections, and sealed the pack back up. I've heard of people doing it with JLU too. On the other hand, one of my Hawkmen was packaged with no wings so I wouldn't put anything past Mattel's QC.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 3:56 pm 
5" Scale

The switcheroo is very common in Star Wars figures as well :(

My Big Lots had no JLU 3 packs whatsoever but they did have plenty of BTAS single and 2 packs. I got the Catwoman 2 pack, Nightwing 2 pack and a few Silver Batgirls for custom fodder.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 6:25 pm 
Knows his stuff

I found less JLU at two Big Lots today than I found at one yesterday.
I did score some Star Wars figures at TRU and K-Mart(!) though, so it wasn't like I didn't find anything. Animated Boba Fett, Concept Vader, plus 3 gold coin figures!
Keeping Fett and Vader, selling the gold coin figures to a friend. It's just nice to finally see them on the shelves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 4:22 pm 
proverbial old fart

I hit 3 BigLots in the Tulsa area today and the only thing they had in 3packs were the Black Canary/Joker and Trinity ... :?

The one in Owasso had 6 of the 10" Green Arrow figures and the one on Sheridan had about a dozen of the Gray Darkseid from the old JL series for $5/ea

Gobs of the silver Batman/Nightwing/Robin/Batgirl early Mattel releases of the old Hasbro molds and a sizable number of the early Batman figures - most of them in some horrible yellow color.

But, don't despair, The manager at the Owasso store said that they are getting more stuff in for the holidays...

I'll keep checking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:07 pm 

Glenn2000 wrote:
But, don't despair... I'll keep checking.

Thanks, Glenn. I know you were looking for a few of us.

I actually made it to a Big Lots today, as well. They had what Glenn said.

And, dang, if I didn't miss a Blue Devil on eBay that went for 10.75 today. Why did I miss it? 'Cause I went to Big Lots on my lunch break! :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:53 am 

So was this a fluke?

Has anyone else found the Barda and Saphire 3-packs at Big Lots?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:50 am 
my tummy itches

Cantina-Dan wrote:
So was this a fluke?

Has anyone else found the Barda and Saphire 3-packs at Big Lots?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but it seems like a fluke to me (so far). I frequent 2 to 3 BLs in my area from time to time, and I haven't seen any hint of recent JLU restock, let alone a presence of the Barda 3-pack(s).

And in checking with the renowned EBAY Institute of Research and Validation, there seems to be no massive influx, or great price decrease, of these items, so we can only conjecture one way or the other.

Last edited by geoffdude on Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:17 am 
Former King of Posts

Finally stopped at the Big Lots closest to me. Its kind of out of the way. They had more Batman, more JLU, and more DCSH than any other store I've been to in months, maybe years.

but it was all older stuff.
The JLU consisted of a ton of trinity packs and 1 super family pack.
Batman stuff from the line that was before DCSH.

won't be going back anytime soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 8:56 am 
shirtless hugger

I've been stopping at Big Lots periodically (I hit one today, in fact). No Barda wave at all. Looks like the few that were found were some kind of fluke.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 2:47 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I posted here or over at the toonzone forums that I noticed one of those display pics that stores sometimes have at he end of the isle had the Batman/Huntress/Atom pack pictured on it. I'm not sure if you guys know what I mean but sometimes at the end of the toy isle they have a picture showing the employees the way the items should be set out. In that picture was the Huntress pack. My point is that picture must have been taken at some Big Lots that got that wave in. Has anyone ever seen this wave at Big Lots either? Maybe that was a fluke too, which doesn't really give much hope to finding this Barda wave.