Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:02 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2007 11:59 am 
Loose, Missing Package

Either these are just waiting to show up in force or they've been random shipments. I remember that some (not all) stores around here got some tail-end Star Wars POTJ stuff that seemed to have no rhyme or reason to which stores got what and in 2004, again, there were some shipments of 2002 Saga cases (including the elusive Ephant Mon) that showed up for $2 each. Given some more time I really hope that the Vigilante cases will show up in force and with regularity like the TNBA figures have...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2007 1:23 pm 
HEY! New guy! GET HIM!

I don't know if this means anything but I found the Batman (TNBA) singles figures at Dollar General today. So maybe there is still some hope of finding some JLU figures there as well. In fact I have found JLU figures at DG before. Last Xmas I found the Booster Gold, Aquaman, Red Tornado, and gold Amazo singles there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 5:45 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Arsenio3 wrote:
We were told by Boy Wonder or Toy Guru (via Daniel) to expect Vigilante at the Family Dollar months ago.

Hey guys! New member here! Thanks to Daniel for this great site. Thanks for having me.

Anyway, I was wondering if someone could tell me where it was said that we could expect to see Vigilante at Family Dollar? Arsenio3 referenced it above, but I can't seem to track down the actual statement.

Thanks guys.

-Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:51 pm 
Fugitive Dust

Well, unfortunately Family Dollar will not be getting ANY Justice League figures in the upcoming year. I contacted their toy buyer, and this is the response:

"Sorry to say that it is not in our plans to carry the Justice League action figures in the next year. We will have Batman but no justice league assortment."

Sure, I guess technically that leaves out from now until the end of December. But I'm guessing that he really meant that there are not plans for JLU to be at Family Dollar at all.

Man...I was hoping this would be true!

-Peter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 2:06 pm 
shirtless hugger

hellpop wrote:
Teenagers use spray paint to write graffiti. Several cities in the US (including my hometown of Philadelphia) have banned the sale of spray paint to minors because of this.

Screw your opinion on that. My friends were given loads of crap for buying something like ten cans of spray paint at the beginning of the school year. Guess what it was for? Painting their names and whatever else they'd like to on their parking spots per school rules; they are in the SCA. Sounds like graffiti to me.

Quote:
Admittedly, I don't know if my current place of residence (New Haven, CT) has such a law on the books, but I assure you that these kids weren't buying those cans to work on their soap box derby racer. I suppose you'd also think it okay to sell them dozens of boxes of cold medicine so that they can turn it into meth. Or liqueur. Or guns. Hey, it's what they want to buy, right?

Honestly, what is wrong with you? Are you having trouble in your life or something? This lashing out at teenagers is rude, ignorant, and close-minded. Far more adults use meth, drink liquor, and use guns than teenagers. I don't know the teenagers who bought the cans near you, so I can't really defend them. However, if your opinion of them is as skewed and ridiculous as your opinion of teenagers in general, I'd guess that you're wrong.

And who knew all I had to do to get myself more liquor and guns was to stop buying action figures. After all, it's the former that I purchase, according to you.