Home Forum Columns Galleries Archives About

It is currently Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:56 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 
Author Message
 Post subject: Do ya' think we'll get Countdown versions of characters?
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 4:20 pm 
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 190
If you've been reading Countdown, you've seen lots of familiar but different heroes and villians from the 52 earths.

Jokester
Owlman (Crime Society)
Ultraman (Crime Society)
JLAxis
Zod Superman

And a whole bunch of others.

What are the chances that DCUC or DCD will end up doing these characters as figures? BTW, I'm not advocating this. Just seeing what others think.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 5:09 pm 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
DCD has the rights to do story-specific, so they'd be the ones doing them in the future (if they do).

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 6:38 pm 
my tummy itches
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 485
marillion wrote:
DCD has the rights to do story-specific, so they'd be the ones doing them in the future (if they do).

Peace,

Chip


When did we learn Mattel can't do story specific? I know that was the rule when they had the restricted license of Bats & Supes? I thought when they got the entire DCU, they could do story specific if they want.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2007 7:02 pm 
User avatar
Super Amigo Fantastico!
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 8292
Location: Myrtle Beach, SC
Maybe it's "artist-specific" I'm thinking of...

Peace,

Chip

_________________
WANTED (all MOC) : Kenner "Free Poster Offer" Brainiac, Playful Super Amigos Brainiac, Trilingual Brainiac (without poster sticker), Lili Ledy Super Poderes Brainiac, Nibo Brainiac


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do ya' think we'll get Countdown versions of characters?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 4:53 am 
User avatar
Former King of Posts
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10590
Location: Happy Harbor, RI
Gardner Grayle wrote:
If you've been reading Countdown, you've seen lots of familiar but different heroes and villians from the 52 earths.

Jokester
Owlman (Crime Society)
Ultraman (Crime Society)
JLAxis
Zod Superman

And a whole bunch of others.

What are the chances that DCUC or DCD will end up doing these characters as figures? BTW, I'm not advocating this. Just seeing what others think.


I really think that Mattel should stick with the classic take on characters and that what you are suggesting is the realm of DCDirect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:17 am 
User avatar
Loose, Missing Package
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 10578
Location: Cox's Creek, KY
While I agree that most of your list really should fall to DCD, I'd still love to see the 4 Horsemen's take on the Crime Syndicate...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 8:33 am 
Prototype
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 7237
Location: Maryland
Jim_Abell wrote:
While I agree that most of your list really should fall to DCD, I'd still love to see the 4 Horsemen's take on the Crime Syndicate...

Yeah. So would I, Jim. That's something they could do.

_________________
Please visit us at the Hall: http://hallofjustice1.proboards77.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Do ya' think we'll get Countdown versions of characters?
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:26 pm 
PVC
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 190
superfriend wrote:
Gardner Grayle wrote:
If you've been reading Countdown, you've seen lots of familiar but different heroes and villians from the 52 earths.

Jokester
Owlman (Crime Society)
Ultraman (Crime Society)
JLAxis
Zod Superman

And a whole bunch of others.

What are the chances that DCUC or DCD will end up doing these characters as figures? BTW, I'm not advocating this. Just seeing what others think.


I really think that Mattel should stick with the classic take on characters and that what you are suggesting is the realm of DCDirect.



I'm not suggesting it. I'm afraid of it. It just gives both companies more room to do variants on the Big Five. More SuperWonderGreenBatsFlash.

Superman/Zod is a perfect example. A head swap and voila.....a new figure with a big red S on it. And technically....it's another character entirely.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2007 1:39 pm 
shirtless hugger
Offline

Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Posts: 1207
I'd also like to see the CSA in this line, but not right away. Maybe Ultraman as a Superman variant, since they're so similar in appearance and are counterparts. Anything to save us from too many Batman/Superman variants.

_________________
Missing: JLU Kai-Ro and bikini Barda.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 9 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 8 hours


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], jediblood


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Copyright © www.actionfigureinsider.com


[ Time : 0.089s | 12 Queries | GZIP : Off ]